Thew begining of the end.

Any non-electronic/automotive related discussion goes here. Current events, sports, music, etc.
smgreen20

Thew begining of the end.

Post by smgreen20 »

Found this at the Hybrid Audio forums.

http://www.me-mag.com/Upload/HB1178_.pdf

Scott Buwalda wrote to their state senate on our behalf.
"ZPA's will have the same sound essentially as you get from the MS, they just feature a bigger shinier set of balls."

Install:
http://phoenixphorum.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=16998
gridracer
RIP

Re: Thew begining of the end.

Post by gridracer »

Wow thats great, just like here in Canada 1 fucking faggot got offended by the word faggots in a song that's 20 plus years old and now it has been banned from radio play in Canada. I just fucking love it when people think they should be able to govern what other people do or watch or listen to. I have an asshole of a friend that's a big jesus humper, I also attend the same church, and he thinks noone should be allowed to watch the simpsons or espescially family guy because they make fun of religion. He actually wants to petition it I told him if you don't like it don't fucking watch it but your not God so leave it alone and don't ruin it for the people that have a sense of humor and can understand it's not personal attacks.
Check my buyer/seller ratings http://phoenixphorum.com/gridracer-vt4548.html

I have more PG stuff than one guy ever needs.
The Golden One
Quarantined
Quarantined

Post by The Golden One »

that's nothing a cheater amp can't handle just hook up an mps 2500 on your factory speaker's since it's 50x2 that's under 100 watts it would be screaming loud, but then after that they would change the law to include no cheater amp's. :D :lol: :D
(Phoenix Gold) "Triple-Darlington High Definition Amplifier" (Rockford Fosjunk) "Triple-Distortion No Definition Amp on Fire"
smgreen20

Post by smgreen20 »

I saw another thread on a different forum where the law did not pass, so that's good.
"ZPA's will have the same sound essentially as you get from the MS, they just feature a bigger shinier set of balls."

Install:
http://phoenixphorum.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=16998
The Golden One
Quarantined
Quarantined

Post by The Golden One »

smgreen20 wrote:I saw another thread on a different forum where the law did not pass, so that's good.
im glad it didnt pass if it did then other states would get it passed and it would be widespread. then next they would say we have to use a sparkomatic radio and a kraco amp hooked up to some 1920 speakers with the square magnet, then it would be the end. ha ha sparkomatic no need for matches or a lighter because this thing is primed and ready to go up in flames "because it's sparkomatic"!!!!!!!!!! :twisted: :P :twisted:
(Phoenix Gold) "Triple-Darlington High Definition Amplifier" (Rockford Fosjunk) "Triple-Distortion No Definition Amp on Fire"
Francious70
Half Baked

Post by Francious70 »

Would it even be Constitutional to regulate what kind of sonic equipment you install in your own vehicle? That would be like trying to say you can have tattoos, but only if you were born with them. :lol:
Boomshackalacka
The Golden One
Quarantined
Quarantined

Post by The Golden One »

Francious70 wrote:Would it even be Constitutional to regulate what kind of sonic equipment you install in your own vehicle? That would be like trying to say you can have tattoos, but only if you were born with them. :lol:
not much of what the goverment does is constitutional, look at it like this they make it where less people have jobs or work for lesser pay and then raise taxes and gas prices, it's just a walk in the park for them to try to tell you what to do with your own property. :|
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Post by ttocs »

a good example of a tyranical gov that was kept in check.
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
brenzbmr@sb
Booty Connoisseur

Post by brenzbmr@sb »

hey everyone, just wanted to let you know that the hearing on feb 9th for bill hb (bull shit) to not allow people of hawaii to install subs larger then 6.5 inches and power no more then 100 watts was shelved. oposition was more then we thought and some industry people wrote on our behalf, scott of HYBRID and Solomon of ME mag to name a few. I wrote a nastee *but nice letter also.
problem is in ohau the main island there is some cars on the street that are inconciderate to others and thats everywhere. it was communities lobbying to ban car audio because of these 155db plus cars "booming" around.

At the hearing we had 3 main ohau shops and about 170 plus people to opose the bill to there 50 plus that were for it. 1700 plus letters where written and sent. The Rockford rep for the state of hawaii is a personal friend of mine and we discussed a way to "educate" everyone. My letter alone was a general discription on why we buy big woofers and need the power.

Rockford Had implimented a program which some of u may reember called "practice safe sound". main purpose was to educate the general public about hearing dmg and also respecting others around you.
It failed because no other manufactor that i recall jumped on it with RF.

so i believe atm that they are trying to come up with a more ideal way to take care of the Boooomm,booom,booom that is infecting the state.
we are lobbying for stricter enforcement on penalty but making it fair, the state law now is based on an opinion

bascially it states that any noise heard more then 50 ft away generated from an audio devise is concidered loud enough to give citation. problem with it is that its up to the officer to make that decision, so years ago i went to court for a sound ticket and fought it becuase the radio in the police car can be heard more then 50 ft away and could i give the cop a citation for that? long story short i lost.
I also spoke of the uncapped harley davidsons that blow past us at 170dbs and yet nothing ever happens to those guys..i guess there 170 db exhaust dont play little wayne so its okay...

long story short we killed that bill and we are waiting to see what revisions will be made

aloha
You may have subs in your car........but my doors sound better!
brenzbmr@sb
Booty Connoisseur

Post by brenzbmr@sb »

The Golden One wrote:that's nothing a cheater amp can't handle just hook up an mps 2500 on your factory speaker's since it's 50x2 that's under 100 watts it would be screaming loud, but then after that they would change the law to include no cheater amp's. :D :lol: :D

hahaa i would look for those orion concept amps or run a crap load of ms2240s
You may have subs in your car........but my doors sound better!
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

Sounds like a fun challenge. I bet a transmission line packed with an array of highly efficient 6.5" subwoofers could get plenty loud, even on 100 watts ;)
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Post by ttocs »

the islands are not suffering from anything that we on the mainland are not. People feel the need to play their stereos as loud as they want, where ever they want no matter what anyone else thinks. The law we have in our county could be broken by a factory radio if it was turned up loud enough but they do not pass out many tickets unless they are really needed and the kid was beggin for it.
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
The Golden One
Quarantined
Quarantined

Post by The Golden One »

this is kinda sick this tread say's in florida they can give you a ticket if they can hear your music from 25 feet away, any factory radio can do that even at half volume. this law is so that officer imaprick will be having a stack of tickets handed out buy the end of the day. :? http://forum.sounddomain.com/ubbthreads ... 58/fpart/1
dwnrodeo

Post by dwnrodeo »

I also spoke of the uncapped harley davidsons that blow past us at 170dbs and yet nothing ever happens to those guys..i guess there 170 db exhaust dont play little wayne so its okay...

long story short we killed that bill and we are waiting to see what revisions will be made
I agree with this 100%. Loud pipes save lives? Eff right off with that B.S. My house is approximately 150ft off of the roadway and groups of Harley dicks blast by with their Screaming Eagle exhaust pipes at all times of the day and night. It is much louder than any car stereo that drives by, and the frequency of occurrences is about 20 times more.
XS2300, XS2500, XS2300, X200.4, X100.2, Ti21000.4, Roadster 66

I'm gonna become a civil engineer. I'm gonna design septic tanks for playgrounds. Little kids can take shits! You idiot, what the hell do you do?
gridracer
RIP

Post by gridracer »

While I beleive in the loud pipes save lives thing as a motorcycle rider I also think the harley guys with loud pipes do it not for safety but because it's cool. I have a redneck friend with a honda bike that is louder than most harley's he thinks it's awesome I think it sounds retarded. But they don't ever pull over bikes here for loud exhaust. I used to get $65 noise tickets for my old truck that had dual exhaust but a bike could be right beside me and I would be the one pulled over,while he would downshift and take off rattling my windows.

I think if they wanna enforce noise laws it has to be equal for everyone and not just certain groups.

RaTtlZ

Post by RaTtlZ »

I live in a town that has a 10:00pm noise ordinance. I fully respect that. I think if you take a poll on why you have a loud anything, stereo/bike/truck, you will hear a common responses, "It's a hobby" or "I think it's cool". I agree with gridracer that says they should enforce noise ordinance fairly. But somehow it can't be done. Take for instance my bro. He has a pickup with some loud pipes. He goes to work in the evening and drives through a residential area to get to work. What should be the penalty for him? Since he goes every night, a fine wouldn't make sense. You can also make the argument that bass saves lives as well because what do people always say? Man, I heard you from 2 blocks away!
I think what it comes down to is the government is money hungry and will try to regulate every part of your life whether its for the good or not. Do you really think government has your best interest at hand? I really feel there are better ways to spend my taxpayer dollars other than having government come up with ways for me to pay more money to them by paying some fine!
2006 Chrysler 300C
Pioneer P9 combo
Factory Boston Acoustic 6 speaker system,
Sub: TBD
JL Audio A6450, Autotek MX-3000.1
80A, 300A fuses
6 Ga.,1/0 Ga. wiring
gridracer
RIP

Post by gridracer »

My brother is an RCMP ERT member and he tells me they don't give tickets to harley's for noise for fear that they are 1%er's. I know locally here they are scared of bikers and let them be loud, a cop friend told me that it is not worth the hassle to deal with a biker over noise. A 1%er is a biker that would join or is a member of an outlaw biker gang that wear a patch like hell's angels or rock machine or outlaws etc.

dwnrodeo

Post by dwnrodeo »

gridracer wrote:My brother is an RCMP ERT member and he tells me they don't give tickets to harley's for noise for fear that they are 1%er's. I know locally here they are scared of bikers and let them be loud, a cop friend told me that it is not worth the hassle to deal with a biker over noise. A 1%er is a biker that would join or is a member of an outlaw biker gang that wear a patch like hell's angels or rock machine or outlaws etc.
So it looks like lawmakers are trying to create laws fining people for things they have not even done yet and picking and choosing which groups of people should have laws forced upon them. "Hey, let's put a ban on installing car audio equipment, but we'll leave bikers with loud pipes alone because they are scary." I keep re-reading the link smgreen20 posted and I can't believe how ridiculous the regulations are. Can't install, possess, or operate "Five or more speakers", "any speaker exceeding 100 watts output", "any speaker exceeding 6 and one half inches in width or height", and "any speaker installed external to the passenger compartment". I'd say that just about any car manufacturer out there breaks these rules, but they get excluded because the equipment is OEM? What's next? Outlawing turbo's because they can make a car go fast? Fining Corvettes and Mustang's (etc...) for having a vehicle with the potential of going over 100 m.p.h.?

If they want to ban people for playing their music too loud, then ban people for playing music too loud, but don't penalize others who enjoy listening to music reproduced accurately at responsible listening volumes by making it illegal to install the equipment necessary to do so.
XS2300, XS2500, XS2300, X200.4, X100.2, Ti21000.4, Roadster 66

I'm gonna become a civil engineer. I'm gonna design septic tanks for playgrounds. Little kids can take shits! You idiot, what the hell do you do?
RaTtlZ

Post by RaTtlZ »

I have a solution! I'm gonna start a car audio hells angels club and get a patch on my jacket that says "Audio Gods". People better watch the fuck out when I'm in town because you might get your ears raped by some good music!! Hahaha completely rediculous. I say let us unite! Who's with me :)
gridracer
RIP

Post by gridracer »

In Edmonton last summer they introduced a noise level for bikes, anything over a limit gets you like a$270 ish ticket and likely an inspection ticket to prove it was made to be within guidelines. They also only setup a check stop like 2 times a year and usually it is publicized so most people know not to drive down Whyte Ave. that day. It's stupid