Honeymoon Plans

Any non-electronic/automotive related discussion goes here. Current events, sports, music, etc.
Bfowler
Briaans..... BRIAAAAANNNNNNS

Re: Honeymoon Plans

Post by Bfowler »

what about adding cyprus into the trip?
my ex-girlfriend said "its car audio or me"
i've had tougher choices at a soda machine...
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Post by ttocs »

the med should be a cool place to hang out, hope you have a good trip.
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
smgreen20

Post by smgreen20 »

Francious70 wrote:You better start pre-tanning right now.
Or you could be up for the next casting for "the whitest kids I know" .........
"ZPA's will have the same sound essentially as you get from the MS, they just feature a bigger shinier set of balls."

Install:
http://phoenixphorum.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=16998
oldschoolfan

Post by oldschoolfan »

Bfowler wrote:what about adding cyprus into the trip?
I second this one. Have not been there for almost 17 years but loved it. Went there for a week from Sweden for $240 dollars per person hotel and flight included! Great food, very old historically speaking, nice people.
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

Bfowler wrote:what about adding cyprus into the trip?
Considered that but it's a little too far out of the way. We basically want to do athens -ferry-> island -ferry-> turkish coast -drive-> istanbul, then either fly or train back to athens. That's already a pretty full two weeks!

The island we are looking at right now is Rhodes, which is half way to Cyprus and is already a 15 hour boat ride out of Athens!
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

trains are great in europe. We would try to do our traveling at night as they have some pretty nice sleeper cars, and then you get to save the cost of the hotel also. Yes you were going to be a little sleepy the next day but waking up with the question of what country am I in, is actually pretty fun.
fuzzysnuggleduck
Soy Milquetoast

Post by fuzzysnuggleduck »

ttocs wrote:trains are great in europe. We would try to do our traveling at night as they have some pretty nice sleeper cars, and then you get to save the cost of the hotel also. Yes you were going to be a little sleepy the next day but waking up with the question of what country am I in, is actually pretty fun.
Although not the best lodging I've ever had, sleeper trains are a pretty sweet way of going far in Europe without "wasting" any time.
SOLD: '91 PG 4Runner
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

exactly, get a nice fresh loaf of bread and some cheese and yer set.

I can remember one time we were sleeping on they way to copenhagen I think. After every stop, the conductor would go to every car, thow open the door, flip on the light and yell passports in 3-4 languages. It was me, my brother and another guy in our car and it looked just like the one in european vacation where they have 6 seats facing each other. After the 3-4 time he did it, the conductor had an issue with the other guy saying he didn't have a visa. The guy said that he didn't need one as he was living in sweeden, but was from middle easy as far as citizenship so they two went around a couple times before the conductor told him to step outside. He never did come back but that was perfect as we could lay down then....
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

Yeah, we are doing night trains, night ferries and night flights. Hotels are $$$$$$$$$!
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

if you want to save some money on hotels while getting to know some great people, check out the local hostels in the area. Not sure all of them are what you would want for a honeymoon as the one we had in amsterdamn was just 8 bunk cots on a houseboat, but that was the only one where we didn't have our own room. Most of the time it was as little as $20 a night but this was almost 20 yrs ago now.... The nice thing about them is the common areas are always great places to meet people, find out where to go, what to do and have the chance to make some friends at the same time.

Now I know someone is going to mention that hostel horror movie a few years back, dunno never saw it but my experiences with the hostels were really nice.
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

Hostels are the best. Definitely splurging for hotels though due to the honeymoon thing. But I figure if you have to travel for 15 hours, it might as well be at night instead of during one of my very few days there.
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

yea I can understand both points. A honeymoon would probably not be the ideal area for the hostels but could save a few bucks if ya need to. The food on the trains/ferry's is rediculous but you can get a fresh loaf of bread from a bakery there for nothing and there are soo many different types of cheeses that we were never tired of bread/cheese on the trains.