that fucking wedding

Any non-electronic/automotive related discussion goes here. Current events, sports, music, etc.
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

that fucking wedding

Post by ttocs »

ok, face up, whose wife or woman is MAKING them watch the wedding :naughty: ? I have on friend who was told he would be up at 3am and I have already informed him that any heterosexual man that watches the wedding will be forced to turn in their man card :clap: . Any man(if you can call yourself that now) that is FORCED to watch it must also turn in his nuts with his man card. Be sure to have your wife get them out of her purse for you :D ..........

REally I would love to know what the attraction is. I love to go to weddding almost as much as funerals, hell the basically serve the same purpose, to say goodbye to your friend. But now add in that these are two people that you never knew, will never know and probably wouldn't have invited you if they did, and I don't get it. Is it just all the girls that spent their childhood planning their wedding down to every last detail(except for that last minute one, you know the groom for christ sakes) wants to dream that it could be thier wedding? what is the damn attraction that I have not been able to escape it this week?

2nd, why the hell would you get up at 3am on a fri morning to do it? I might possibly be able to understand if it were a sunday afternoon and there was nothing on and you had nothing to do, but to get up at 3am on a weekday? Why do you have to see it live? Can't watch the highlights and the just go read all the mags in the grocery store to see that you missed?

Should we make some fun of it, have everyone choose a day/year and see who is closest? I can't donate any cash but I could possibly throw an old PG logo into the pot to the closest that doesn't go over. Anyone else wanna join or throw something small/stupid in the pot? I figure the divorce will be the most exciting part of the wedding, usually is and today over half of the marrages end in divorce(the other half in death so I don't see the attraction) so the odds are in our favor. We all know today generation doesn't have the patients or dedication to make it happen so I see it ending less then 5 yrs myself.
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
marko

Re: that fucking wedding

Post by marko »

statistically she will be be-headed anyway! my wife is well into it and has flags up in the garden :roll: she's doing tea and cucumber sandwiches (if she thinks I'm eating them she has another think coming) also doing scones and jam/cream but I might be Ok with them :mrgreen:

personally, I'm happy as we have the day off today as a "free" holiday :clap: more time to work on car/system :lol:
Ti1 headunit (unique)
Outlaw in crate.
2x original shrouded ms2250's.
Route 66 in box + custom m100 to match.
Roadster 66 in flight case
Octane LE in box.
Reactor #186 in flight case.
Reactor EQ232
Ti400.2 AL
AX204A + EQ232 + ZPX2 + TBA set
ZCS6 component set
Tantrum+Titanium bass cubes
Ti12d Elite sub
DD5 + DD10 + 6 Ti blocks!
joyride

Post by joyride »

I guess I can understand it a bit more if you were in England, but the fascination the US has with it baffles me. These two will become major icons for the country soon, so I can understand giving the day off and celebrating it as a country. Im a little pissed that I have to turn on the TV in the morning and that is all I can watch. I usually sit and watch the news for a while before work, and now Im stuck watching this...
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

this is more important then the world news though.

I can understand that if you are in england that hell yea, its a big deal. At the very least you guys got a long weekend for it so hey I would be happy for that at the least. The only thing I can imagine that would cause an american woman to watch it is to get ideas for their wedding. These are the women that honestly I loath. The girls that have spent their ENTIRE lived planning the wedding down to the last detail and spent time writting Mrs infront of their name. The know what dress they want, the ring, the cake, how many thousands of dollars she will spend and how many people will be there for her big day and the only last minute detail to fill in, is that little insignificant one, the groom..... One of my friends wifes got up and was posting about how she was crying, her dress was beautifull, excuse me I need to throw up. You were not invited, and if you knew them probably would not have been invited. You and your new dude can't afford the ring, dress, cake or ceremony. Maybe that is the point that all the girls grew up wanting to be a princess and this is their chance to put their face over kates to see what she would look like? I am not so sure why they adore the princess role as when I look back on it, as you said historically it makes for a nice wedding but an ugly end.........

So no one wants to bet on the divorce?
Francious70
Half Baked

Post by Francious70 »

I don't quite understand America's obsession with it since we declared our independence over 200 years ago. I don't understand England's obsession with the royal family either, they haven't had power for over 100 years, so... why?

My wife is just as confused as me, so yea, we avoided the wedding like the plague.
Boomshackalacka
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

I have three friends I have demanded that they surrender their man-card and nuts so they need to ask thier wife if they can have it back. I have been deleting the wifes posts on FB about how they are crying watching it, WTF? Are you picturing that you are in the dress or what this is an even that will have no effect on your life, and you watching will have no effect on thiers(till TMZ starts to show the juicy stuff that they do not want us to know) so why are you crying? This has been another day that I was happy that I was not married........

I can understand why people would want to be king, and the attraction to the woman that would screw him even though she saw teh wedding 6 times, but I do not see the attraction to being princess/queen with the history of how they are treated. Sure, big rocks, big weddings, castles, trips and everything that is involved with royalty just seems to set them up for a horrible ending. But unfortunatly that is all that is important to the modern woman, the big show....
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

I suppose for the Brits, the royals would function well in a diplomatic role, or selling on behalf of their businesses. But most importantly they are a really good tourist attraction. The wedding is basically just a big marketing campaign! And that's right up America's alley ;)
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

how much is spent on the royal family each year? ARe they responsible for making their own money or do they get paid like a politician does? I have wondered how that works for some time now. All the royal jewels, castles, estates, and the protection/service are to take care of them seems like it would take the taxes of a few million to support the life of the dozens. If that is the case and I were there, I would be pissed that they get to walk into this right by birth in the modern day. There is nothing different about the way they get dressed from me and you except the price of the clothes put on.
oldskoolmseriesfan
Sherlock Homey

Post by oldskoolmseriesfan »

FUCK AMERICA AND FUCK THE WEDDING
Phorum PI!
Square woofers are GAY!!
paintguy

Post by paintguy »

Not much lovin here for the newlyweds then :lol:

At least it gave my kid brother and his wife a nice day out:

http://www.thestar.co.uk/community/roya ... _1_3339074
marko

Post by marko »

paintguy wrote:Not much lovin here for the newlyweds then :lol:

At least it gave my kid brother and his wife a nice day out:

http://www.thestar.co.uk/community/roya ... _1_3339074
I remember seeing that on TV, bet he was chuffed to bits when they got an invite!
Ti1 headunit (unique)
Outlaw in crate.
2x original shrouded ms2250's.
Route 66 in box + custom m100 to match.
Roadster 66 in flight case
Octane LE in box.
Reactor #186 in flight case.
Reactor EQ232
Ti400.2 AL
AX204A + EQ232 + ZPX2 + TBA set
ZCS6 component set
Tantrum+Titanium bass cubes
Ti12d Elite sub
DD5 + DD10 + 6 Ti blocks!
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

its already an overplayed re-run.
Francious70
Half Baked

Post by Francious70 »

ttocs wrote:how much is spent on the royal family each year? ARe they responsible for making their own money or do they get paid like a politician does? I have wondered how that works for some time now. All the royal jewels, castles, estates, and the protection/service are to take care of them seems like it would take the taxes of a few million to support the life of the dozens. If that is the case and I were there, I would be pissed that they get to walk into this right by birth in the modern day. There is nothing different about the way they get dressed from me and you except the price of the clothes put on.

If I'm not mistaken the royal family is supported by long standing investments like land ownership, tangible assets like gold and jewelry, and traditional interest making investments.
Boomshackalacka
paintguy

Post by paintguy »

marko wrote:I remember seeing that on TV, bet he was chuffed to bits when they got an invite!
Definitely!

That picture was actually taken when he went down to get his medal from The Queen, and now he spends his days working alongside Prince William. Pretty bizarre really!
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

Francious70 wrote:
ttocs wrote:how much is spent on the royal family each year? ARe they responsible for making their own money or do they get paid like a politician does? I have wondered how that works for some time now. All the royal jewels, castles, estates, and the protection/service are to take care of them seems like it would take the taxes of a few million to support the life of the dozens. If that is the case and I were there, I would be pissed that they get to walk into this right by birth in the modern day. There is nothing different about the way they get dressed from me and you except the price of the clothes put on.

If I'm not mistaken the royal family is supported by long standing investments like land ownership, tangible assets like gold and jewelry, and traditional interest making investments.

Man it would take some really really big investments to support all that. Between the security and the catering. I hope the comon people are not paying for them.