Bikes!!

Any non-electronic/automotive related discussion goes here. Current events, sports, music, etc.
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Bikes!!

Post by stipud »

I bought myself a sweet new bike this weekend. A "Salsa Fargo", which is a weird mutant between a road bike and a mountainbike, designed for "adventure touring". Basically I figured it would help me reduce my fleet down to a manageable one or two bikes, instead of FIVE :shock:

So while I was prepping my old bikes for sale, I figured I would get pics of them while they were all in one place. Thought this might also be a good opportunity for you folks to share your bikes as well!
Attachments
Here's the new Fargo. It's a touring bike with mountain bike geometry and 29er wheels! WTF! Such an awesome machine.
Here's the new Fargo. It's a touring bike with mountain bike geometry and 29er wheels! WTF! Such an awesome machine.
IMG_0093.jpg (163.27 KiB) Viewed 4027 times
This was Wendy's old commuter, which was far too big for her, so she gave it to me after she got her new bike. This thing absolutely rips! Hydraulic disc brakes and road bike gearing.
This was Wendy's old commuter, which was far too big for her, so she gave it to me after she got her new bike. This thing absolutely rips! Hydraulic disc brakes and road bike gearing.
IMG_0089.jpg (185.86 KiB) Viewed 4027 times
This has been my faithful steed for the last four or five years. Converted a commuter hybrid into a "Dutch" bike. Really comfy, relaxed ride.
This has been my faithful steed for the last four or five years. Converted a commuter hybrid into a "Dutch" bike. Really comfy, relaxed ride.
IMG_0088.jpg (220.74 KiB) Viewed 4027 times
Ryan's owned this bike for as long as i've known him, and i've always drooled over it. Since he had it sitting out on his balcony for a few years, it had gotten all rusty and useless. So Ryan (finally!) gave it to me, and we rebuilt it. Plan to ride the local trails with it this summer.
Ryan's owned this bike for as long as i've known him, and i've always drooled over it. Since he had it sitting out on his balcony for a few years, it had gotten all rusty and useless. So Ryan (finally!) gave it to me, and we rebuilt it. Plan to ride the local trails with it this summer.
IMG_0084.jpg (246.95 KiB) Viewed 4027 times
I've had this BMX since high school. Still in excellent shape!
I've had this BMX since high school. Still in excellent shape!
IMG_0092.jpg (187.7 KiB) Viewed 4027 times
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Re: Bikes!!

Post by ttocs »

the kind of bike you would see in a cyclocross huh? I only have one, a cannondale jekyll with a lefty on it. I been wanting to get a vid of me riding a wheelie on it as that is all I can do these days. My best was just under a mile but I had to snake my way through my neighborhood with 14 turns along the way.
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

Oh and check out Wendy's bike! It's 50000x nicer than any of mine!
Attachments
Soma Saga steel touring bike
Soma Saga steel touring bike
IMG_9386.jpg (156.69 KiB) Viewed 4021 times
Dynamo hub powered lights
Dynamo hub powered lights
IMG_9387.jpg (229.69 KiB) Viewed 4021 times
Brooks saddle, bar tape
Brooks saddle, bar tape
IMG_9388.jpg (105.77 KiB) Viewed 4021 times
Chris King headset
Chris King headset
IMG_9398.jpg (125.74 KiB) Viewed 4021 times
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

ttocs wrote:the kind of bike you would see in a cyclocross huh? I only have one, a cannondale jekyll with a lefty on it. I been wanting to get a vid of me riding a wheelie on it as that is all I can do these days. My best was just under a mile but I had to snake my way through my neighborhood with 14 turns along the way.
Yeah, Cyclocross is where I was intending to go for the last few years, but those frames are a little aggressive for my tastes. When I ride, I tend to go on pretty long rides, and I get burnt out pretty quick on an aggressive frame. The Fargo is much better suited for longer travels, especially when loaded with gear.
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

I was blessed for the years I was in az as there was great year-round riding just around the city of phoenix but a short trip to the mountains of sedona or down to tucson and it only got better. So a video search for south mountain and there are lots of vids to give you an example, I rode every trail on there, miss them like hell now........
dwnrodeo

Post by dwnrodeo »

Bikes are one of my other hobbies/passion besides car audio, and it just so happens that I finally got my new BMX frame in and got my bike back together this weekend!

BMX:

Frame: FBM Custom
Wheels: Proper
Bars: Metal - Sasquatch LT
Forks: S&M - Pitchfork
Seat: Coalition
Post/Chain: Shadow Conspiracy
Grips/Pedals/Brakes/Rear Tire: Fly Bikes
Front Tire: KHE - Dirt
Cranks: Redline - Device
Chainwheel/Brake Lever: Snafu
Stem: S&M - Redneck LT

Mountain Bike:

Specialized - P1 All Mountain
FBM Custom.JPG
Attachments
Mountain Bike.JPG
XS2300, XS2500, XS2300, X200.4, X100.2, Ti21000.4, Roadster 66

I'm gonna become a civil engineer. I'm gonna design septic tanks for playgrounds. Little kids can take shits! You idiot, what the hell do you do?
mr tibbs
Forum Goatee

Post by mr tibbs »

Mine is very similar to this one, 2009 Specialized Hardrock. I bet I have rode it a total of 10 times since we bought it.

[url=http://www.usbr.gov//][img]http://www.usbr.gov/images/banner-3.jpg[/img][/url]
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

ah yer killin me. I miss my bike and my trails in az as much as I do pizza/wings/beer. I think the last time I checked the odometer it read 2500 miles but that is not accurate as it only measures how far the front wheel as gone and I just love to ride wheelies... There is proabably a couple hundred more miles then that on the back wheel.