kids these days

Any non-electronic/automotive related discussion goes here. Current events, sports, music, etc.
Thunderdome

kids these days

Post by Thunderdome »

so i'm filling up the car the other night about 10:30 and all of a sudden these kids come driving in with a big pick up truck making a lot of noise and then go into the store, so by this time I'm done pumping gas and getting ready to leave when they back up the truck and crank there system (which was really quite impressive ) and just sit there in the parking lot for a couple of minutes with the tunes blaring and then just drove away like nothing happened

I just couldn't believe the balls on these kids and had to mention it
-
-
-
Remember: The chart serves only as a starting point. Ultimately you must use your ears as a guide.
mr tibbs
Forum Goatee

Re: kids these days

Post by mr tibbs »

It happens a lot more around here than I like. A few years ago there was a kid in front of the grocery store blasting his stereo and I couldn't help myself. I walked past with the wife and said "Those are some extreme 6x9's man!!". The kid looked at me but had nothing to say.
[url=http://www.usbr.gov//][img]http://www.usbr.gov/images/banner-3.jpg[/img][/url]
Francious70
Half Baked

Post by Francious70 »

As a younger guy I have to admit I used to do this kind of crap myself.

Now I turn my volume low when pulling into anywhere because I don't want people to be eyeballing my ride thinking I've got something to steal! :lol:
Boomshackalacka
dwnrodeo

Post by dwnrodeo »

I was filling up at the gas station a while back right afterI had just finished my new install, when two high school kids pulled up in a lifted truck blaring some weak ass music (think Fallout Boy). I just sat there in agony, waiting desperately for the pump to kick out while their music played. I finished filling up, put on some hardcore screamo, cranked it up and watched their faces as I pulled away. Stupid kids.
XS2300, XS2500, XS2300, X200.4, X100.2, Ti21000.4, Roadster 66

I'm gonna become a civil engineer. I'm gonna design septic tanks for playgrounds. Little kids can take shits! You idiot, what the hell do you do?
smgreen20

Post by smgreen20 »

And there lies the problem as to why the police pull us over. It's the inconsiderate ones that ruin it for us, as in all things.

I've been in those positions too. The worst was when a lady pulled up at the gas station (what is it with the gas stations) w/her stereo (after market) blasting. A lady in the store said something to her because she has kids in her car sleeping which the stereo woke up. All hell broke loose between them and I had to put more then my 2 cents in. That was a nightmare of a stop.
"ZPA's will have the same sound essentially as you get from the MS, they just feature a bigger shinier set of balls."

Install:
http://phoenixphorum.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=16998
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

Did that outside of liquor stores myself, when my friends were picking up beer. Played 20-30Hz, which was hard to localize, but caused all the bottles on the shelves to vibrate. My friends always came out laughing... got bitched out a few times too ;)
dwnrodeo

Post by dwnrodeo »

stipud wrote:Did that outside of liquor stores myself, when my friends were picking up beer. Played 20-30Hz, which was hard to localize, but caused all the bottles on the shelves to vibrate. My friends always came out laughing... got bitched out a few times too ;)
Hooligan. :D

I'm gonna become a civil engineer. I'm gonna design septic tanks for playgrounds. Little kids can take shits! You idiot, what the hell do you do?
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Post by ttocs »

people that play their systems like that are just advertising for theives. Good news is it probably will not last long
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
SilverGT

Post by SilverGT »

I hate them kids that do it in residental areas. I always keep mine down in them.
dwnrodeo

Post by dwnrodeo »

SilverGT wrote:I hate them kids that do it in residental areas. I always keep mine down in them.
It's still not as bad as the Harley dicks who blast down my road saving lives with their loud pipes. Those piss me off way more than kids playing their stereo loudly.

dwnrodeo

Post by dwnrodeo »

SilverGT wrote:I hate them kids that do it in residental areas. I always keep mine down in them.
It's still not as bad as the Harley dicks who blast down my road saving lives with their loud pipes. Those shit stabbers piss me off way more than kids playing their stereo loudly.

SilverGT

Post by SilverGT »

ya that would piss me off aswell. I live well we are about to move to our first house, but we live right next to our family's bar and the kids just sit in the parking lot with the systems going. get alot of trucks and bikes reving up in there to. cant wait to move..lol
Rold Gold
Dirty Harry

Post by Rold Gold »

I threw a sweep down while sitting at a stoplight (while crusin the strip) on Broadway & Morrison at 1:30am on a friday night because a dood pulled up next to me with some bullshit bumpin. 4 12's draws LOTS of attention when theres hundreds of people walking around in downtown Portland. Got rhode up on not 2 lights later by a horse cop telling me to leave downtown or he'd tow my ride........ :lol:
Those tender little burgers with them little, itty-bitty grilled onions that just explode in ya mouth like flavor crystals every time you bite into one.. just makes me want to burn this muthafuka down.... Come on, Pookie, let's burn this muthafuka down!!!
denim

Post by denim »

Damn kids!
fuzzysnuggleduck
Soy Milquetoast

Post by fuzzysnuggleduck »

Rold Gold wrote:I threw a sweep down while sitting at a stoplight (while crusin the strip) on Broadway & Morrison at 1:30am on a friday night because a dood pulled up next to me with some bullshit bumpin. 4 12's draws LOTS of attention when theres hundreds of people walking around in downtown Portland. Got rhode up on not 2 lights later by a horse cop telling me to leave downtown or he'd tow my ride........ :lol:
Tow your ride? Man, that sounds like horse abuse to me… :D :D :D
SOLD: '91 PG 4Runner
Stryker

Post by Stryker »

dwnrodeo wrote:
It's still not as bad as the Harley dicks who blast down my road saving lives with their loud pipes. Those piss me off way more than kids playing their stereo loudly.
here here fukin bikers....
screw car audio, I'd rather go fast....errr, wait a minute.
Lux

Post by Lux »

hey now, no need to pick on the Harley riders. It's not their fault that they have "tiny" compensation issues.

:oops:
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Post by ttocs »

bikers are bs. I am all for the idea that you like the sound of your motor as I love the sound of my mustang, 2x now since the head/cam swap. With that being said you still need to be able to operate it in a manor that will not annoy everyone around you and half of them have them so loud that when the idle you can't hear your stereo over them.

That loud pipe saving crap is such a load of shit too.... We could say the same about our subs then but for some reason we would feel stupid doing it.
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
Francious70
Half Baked

Post by Francious70 »

As an avid MC rider I can say that loud pipes only alert people BEHIND you.

Loud pipes do NOT save lives. Reflective vests and crazy ass helmet decorations DO.
Boomshackalacka