STEWART!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Any non-electronic/automotive related discussion goes here. Current events, sports, music, etc.
smgreen20

STEWART!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by smgreen20 »

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NUMBER 3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hats off to Carl Edwards though.
"ZPA's will have the same sound essentially as you get from the MS, they just feature a bigger shinier set of balls."

Install:
http://phoenixphorum.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=16998
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Re: STEWART!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by ttocs »

it was more exciting a couple weeks ago when busch made him turn right.
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
HoseHead
Tim Horton Himself

Post by HoseHead »

NASCAR - Non Athletic Sport Centered Around Rednecks
The only stupid question is the one not asked .......
smgreen20

Post by smgreen20 »

Busch, there's a joke! Kyle anyway.

Just because we drive on a daily basis, at the speeds they reach, it's a lot harder to do then 90% of people think. I worked with a guy that honestly thought you could pay a monkey bananas and it could do what these guys do, and it's a VERY physically demanding job. Believe it or not.
"ZPA's will have the same sound essentially as you get from the MS, they just feature a bigger shinier set of balls."

Install:
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

I don't doubt it, it would be 2x as hard if they turned left and right! I know they do in some races, and sometimes on purpose. I enjoy nascar wrecks as much as the next guy but inbetween them there just isn't enough going on.
smgreen20

Post by smgreen20 »

And that's why WRC (world ralley championship) is my ut most favorite form of racing.

Install:
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

I really wish rally was bigger in the US.
Francious70
Half Baked

Post by Francious70 »

NASCAR = Endurance, but only for driving in a circle.

Rally Racing = A real driver's sport.
Boomshackalacka
smgreen20

Post by smgreen20 »

He's still good, but Ken Block got his ass kicked in every event he entered in the WRC this year. So I don't want to hear anymore about him. Sebastien Loeb is the man. I liked him his rookie year. Who knew?

Install:
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

you need to be able to think more on your feet in rally since you do not know the course. MAking the same turn 500 times compaired to the guy next to you giving instructions on the course while you are trying to dodge the spectators, freakin nuts.......
fuzzysnuggleduck
Soy Milquetoast

Post by fuzzysnuggleduck »

I don't know much about racing but I figure there is a huge difference between WRC, Gymkhana, Jumping, NASCAR, F-1, etc. despite some apparent similarities. How many people can claim they are among the fastest/best drivers in any two or more disciplines?
SOLD: '91 PG 4Runner
smgreen20

Post by smgreen20 »

But the turns aren't always the same. The track changes slowly with rubber build up, the temperature of the day, if it's cloudy in one corner, and sunny in the other. So, even though its the same few turns, conditions change and you need to change with them.
ttocs wrote:you need to be able to think more on your feet in rally since you do not know the course. MAking the same turn 500 times compaired to the guy next to you giving instructions on the course while you are trying to dodge the spectators, freakin nuts.......
Fuzzy, that's Stewart. 3x NASCAR champ, 1x IRL (IZOD )champ.

Install:
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

Ok, granted that temp/weather conditions will change on a nascar track but that would be the same problem with the rally drivers. throw in the fact they race in almost all conditions and its something that I hazard a guess to say that I would doubt that its something a nascar driver could do. Now while nascar is certainly harder then rally I would think that the transition from rally to nascar would be easier then the opposite trade....
smgreen20

Post by smgreen20 »

I don't know, I think that a few of the NASCAR drivers could make the transition pretty well. A LOT of the NASCAR drivers grew up racing on dirt tracks so they know how to corner on dirt. Asphalt, well that's what they race on anyway. I know Stewart could do really good at it and as much as I dislike Jimmie Johnson, I'm sure he'd do very well at it too. Biffle and Harvick too possibly.

Look at Kimi Raikkonen, an F1 champion, finished 10th in points in the WRC. He didn't grow on dirt tracks. I think given Stewarts past, he'd do really well. He's one of the few drivers you can put in ANYTHING (with wheels) and he'll be at the top. The thing that stands out to me about Stewart was his run in the La Mans race a few years back. His team was in the lead by ~34 sec over the 2nd place car and with 17 laps to go his left rear suspension broke so when he turned right, every time the right front wheel would come up off the ground. Before that he was the fastest car on the track, after that he 1.7 secs slower then the fastest car on the track, which was the 2nd place car. With a broken suspension, even then he was still competitive.

I became a Stewart fan for a few reasons, those above are some that back up what I saw in him years back, on top of that, I'm friends with his uncle so I figured why not?

Install: