For All of You Metal Single Dads

Any non-electronic/automotive related discussion goes here. Current events, sports, music, etc.
dwnrodeo

For All of You Metal Single Dads

Post by dwnrodeo »

XS2300, XS2500, XS2300, X200.4, X100.2, Ti21000.4, Roadster 66

I'm gonna become a civil engineer. I'm gonna design septic tanks for playgrounds. Little kids can take shits! You idiot, what the hell do you do?
Lux

Re: For All of You Metal Single Dads

Post by Lux »

YES!!!

those video kick a...

:metal: :metal: :metal:

That is a cool dad
smgreen20

Post by smgreen20 »

As a heavy metal fan, I'm disgraced at that. That's exactly what (image) heavy metal doesn't need. I might catch hell for this, but Slayer and their attitude about what metal is is why metal gets a bad rap.

I have a problem with Kerry King of Slayer. Here's why> http://www.metalsucks.net/2009/07/28/sl ... -feud-yet/

That article and what I said above go hand in hand. And yes, I am a KsE fan, hell I'm even a fan club member. Notice my avitar?
"ZPA's will have the same sound essentially as you get from the MS, they just feature a bigger shinier set of balls."

Install:
http://phoenixphorum.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=16998
dwnrodeo

Post by dwnrodeo »

smgreen20 wrote:As a heavy metal fan, I'm disgraced at that. That's exactly what (image) heavy metal doesn't need. I might catch hell for this, but Slayer and their attitude about what metal is is why metal gets a bad rap.

I have a problem with Kerry King of Slayer. Here's why> http://www.metalsucks.net/2009/07/28/sl ... -feud-yet/

That article and what I said above go hand in hand. And yes, I am a KsE fan, hell I'm even a fan club member. Notice my avitar?
Umm... what "image" are you referring to? What I get out of it is what most people see as a stereotypical metal enthusiast (face paint, leather, studs) trying to find ways to interact and spend time with his daughter. Sure it may be a bit unorthodox, but at least there is an attempt being made and it's comical as well.

Oh, and metal doesn't get a bad image from Slayer, there are plenty of disputes between "musicians" in hip-hop that don't ruin the image.
Last edited by dwnrodeo on Thu Nov 24, 2011 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I'm gonna become a civil engineer. I'm gonna design septic tanks for playgrounds. Little kids can take shits! You idiot, what the hell do you do?
fuzzysnuggleduck
Soy Milquetoast

Post by fuzzysnuggleduck »

smgreen20 wrote:That's exactly what (image) heavy metal doesn't need.
What image *does* heavy metal need?
SOLD: '91 PG 4Runner
smgreen20

Post by smgreen20 »

Burning churches, killing people,, devil music, take your pick. That's what its got.

That's why I like killswitch engage, up lifting metal. Who is what metal needs. The image that people just want to have fun while listening to good music and that we're not all assholes ,but good hearted people letting loose.
"ZPA's will have the same sound essentially as you get from the MS, they just feature a bigger shinier set of balls."

Install:
http://phoenixphorum.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=16998
dwnrodeo

Post by dwnrodeo »

smgreen20 wrote:Burning churches, killing people,, devil music, take your pick. That's what its got.

That's why I like killswitch engage, up lifting metal. Who is what metal needs. The image that people just want to have fun while listening to good music and that we're not all assholes ,but good hearted people letting loose.
A lot of things get stereotyped, music included. Some people may associate fast music with devil worshiping, church burning, hate, violence, etc... just like some people may assoicate country music with backwoods hicks with pickup trucks and shotguns, or classical music with upper class snobs. It doesn't mean that all of the people who listen to those genre's of music fall within that category. I think the videos take the typical stereotype that a majority of people have about metal, and show how the "metal dad" can relate and interact with everyday family issues albeit in a nontypical humorous way. It doesn't give the music a bad image, because people who truly enjoy that type of music know that burning churches and killing people is not what's it's all about.

Lux

Post by Lux »

If you care what others think about something, it just shows your own lack of convictions and/or insicurities. If you like metal, just continue to enjoy it. Leave conformity at church.

:violin:
Rold Gold
Dirty Harry

Post by Rold Gold »

That was pretty badass!!!!!!!!
I'm nowhere near the relm of metal but that made me smile. Did ya'll see the connection and bonding of that dad and his daughter...... You can't buy that my friends.
Makes me wanna go to the craft store right now and do the same thing with my kids....... But since I'm more hiphop, we'd have to build something with bars in the windows and shoot it with BB guns.......
Those tender little burgers with them little, itty-bitty grilled onions that just explode in ya mouth like flavor crystals every time you bite into one.. just makes me want to burn this muthafuka down.... Come on, Pookie, let's burn this muthafuka down!!!
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Post by ttocs »

I think a hip-hop version would be even funnier. If course you would have to refer to women on there as hooker/hoes/bitches and who knows what else...
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
dvnt88

Post by dvnt88 »

dwnrodeo wrote:
smgreen20 wrote:Burning churches, killing people,, devil music, take your pick. That's what its got.

A lot of things get stereotyped, music included. Some people may associate fast music with devil worshiping, church burning, hate, violence, etc... just like some people may assoicate country music with backwoods hicks with pickup trucks and shotguns, or classical music with upper class snobs. It doesn't mean that all of the people who listen to those genre's of music fall within that category. I think the videos take the typical stereotype that a majority of people have about metal, and show how the "metal dad" can relate and interact with everyday family issues albeit in a nontypical humorous way. It doesn't give the music a bad image, because people who truly enjoy that type of music know that burning churches and killing people is not what's it's all about.

Agreed 10 fold. I've been into every type of metal (speed, death, grind-core etc ...etc) since I can remember and there are some bands out there that give their genre a bad rap, but ya gotta use your head and decide for yourself. Just my .02c.
Audison Bit Ten
Hertz HSK163's (x2)
Hertz HX250 subs (x2)
Hertz HDP1
Hertz HDP4
PG Tantrum BassCUBE
XS Power D4900
Misc. PG Install Goodies

"Old-Skool TI-Whore"
Rold Gold
Dirty Harry

Post by Rold Gold »

I didn't see the "second comming" the first time around...........
Not too sure that I'd do that with my kids unless they were animals like deer, elk or bear.......but not people. They get enough of that with video games....
Those tender little burgers with them little, itty-bitty grilled onions that just explode in ya mouth like flavor crystals every time you bite into one.. just makes me want to burn this muthafuka down.... Come on, Pookie, let's burn this muthafuka down!!!