forum question

Any non-electronic/automotive related discussion goes here. Current events, sports, music, etc.
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

forum question

Post by ttocs »

not about this phorum but forums in general so don't beat me up on the spelling :D . My dad retired a few years back. Being a work-a-holic for his whole life my family and I were afraid that he woud drive himself(and of course us) crazy if he didn't find some projects of some type to keep him busy. This was a bigger challenge then it sounds as my dad has some odd hobbies that none of us get into... The one thing that he has always been into was stamps, but specifically the stamps that came from the danish west-indie islands. These are now the grand caymen islands but back the 1800-early 1900s it was a danish colony and had its own set of stamps that for some reason or another he decided to specalize in. Having done it for his whole life he has aquired a hell of a collection that he has displayed and won grand prizes at stamp shows(yes they have them) and along the way developed alot of knowledge on the subj. Right after he retired I suggested that he write a book on the subj and he took the idea and ran. Its been nice to see him working on it for the past 2-3 yrs, collecting samples to scan and include and talking to others to hear their suggestions. Well now his book is done and while its great to see the fruits of his labor as well as a thankyou to me in the introduction, his project is now over... Myself and my fam are again worried about what he will do to keep busy and I suggested a stamp forum specifically for his danish west indie stamps and he likes the idea. Fuck as I wrote that I just realized what a can of worms I just opened since I am now instant-tech-support in the house for anything from explaining that the wireless printer we got him for x-mas needs to be plugged into the wall to the storm door not closing because the latch to keep it open was pushed forward. Anyway - I was hoping some people here with exp on setting up forums might be able to help. I figure it would also be a good way to market/sell his book but other then having some admin priv at another site I have no exp in the area.
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
joerg
SOFA-KING

Re: forum question

Post by joerg »

How about something different? :mrgreen:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1970-Dod ... c48d#v4-43

PS: I know u already love the idea! :lol:
Music is silver, PHOENIX is GOLD
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Re: forum question

Post by ttocs »

I would love for nothing more then for me and my pops to turn a wrench together but he is a bit too much on the engineer side. He is certified by the state and federal gov to calibrate x-ray and other medical equipment but as I said above didn't have the common knowledge to check to see if the printer was still plugged in since it obvously had no power/would not turn on. When something was wrong he called a tech, well I became a tech so us working together would be hard.....
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.