nasa space shuttle type thread

Any non-electronic/automotive related discussion goes here. Current events, sports, music, etc.
longboard

nasa space shuttle type thread

Post by longboard »

bit of a odd one this i dont usually post in here !!

as i was born in 1977 the space shuttle has always been a bit close to my heart and have followed it along with the russian buran project as a kid
now its all defunct i think i would like a piece of history and can see alot of the jigs etc coming up for auction in the states sooner rather than later
now sure i dont want anything massive but just a small piece that was part of that epic program but something a lil more than a flight tile or coin

has anyone any ideas or bought a simalar thing? i dont know the legalities of shipping it out of the us either?

mike
1,al dd10,2 al 15 farad powercores,2nakamichi cd400s,1 xenon 200.4,2 xenon 1200.1,3 sets ti elite9s,2 sets ti elite 5s 1 set ti elite 6s 4 sets ti elite tweets 2 13w7 subs,9 ti rmds,3 pg show pieces 1 ms2250,2 zx350s,2 zx 200s,2 zx250s,1 zx450v2,1 475 ti
AVICJR
Team Coach

Re: nasa space shuttle type thread

Post by AVICJR »

I live very close to NASA Space Center outside of Houston, Texas. If you ever come stateside (IIRC you live overseas?) you should take the tour of the facilities; very informative.
longboard

Post by longboard »

yeah i am going to try to get stateside poss next year and visit the complex
i am in england but would love a piece of actual hardware
1,al dd10,2 al 15 farad powercores,2nakamichi cd400s,1 xenon 200.4,2 xenon 1200.1,3 sets ti elite9s,2 sets ti elite 5s 1 set ti elite 6s 4 sets ti elite tweets 2 13w7 subs,9 ti rmds,3 pg show pieces 1 ms2250,2 zx350s,2 zx 200s,2 zx250s,1 zx450v2,1 475 ti
freshkryp69

Post by freshkryp69 »

NASA = BULLSHIT!
Square 1
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

freshkryp69 wrote:NASA = BULLSHIT!
S'cuse me??? :shock:
freshkryp69

Post by freshkryp69 »

stipud wrote:
freshkryp69 wrote:NASA = BULLSHIT!
S'cuse me??? :shock:
They have caused so many prob's with countless families over here in Fl! they have been busier than ever since the shuttle retired,rockets going off 2-5 times a month easy, but you wouldnt know that by any mainstream news or pretty much anywhere unless they are in your backyard like mine. im all for equal opportunity jobs. but when they layoff one of the most talented brightest skilled work forces in the world and say sorry folks NASA is pretty much closing shop pack your shit and seeya! then they fucking bring in a massive amount of people from out of the area. fire 6000 then hire 6000? I know people that work there, I did for 2 yrs aswell under contract. and the new people they have hired are a joke, i mean really! Ive talked to a couple of them at the local sports edge bar and if that is the best NASA is hiring these days, they should just close the doors and get it over with! when I worked out there I seen government spending at its finest, youd just have to see it to believe it. they have plenty of $500 hammers and pliers out there... ever heard or seen of a 34 million dollar interior paint job that uses of the shelf Sherwin Williams paint, just 1 color? I can go on and on but the thing is, when they are in your home town, you see a completely diff side of NASA!
Square 1
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

freshkryp69 wrote:They have caused so many prob's with countless families over here in Fl! they have been busier than ever since the shuttle retired,rockets going off 2-5 times a month easy, but you wouldnt know that by any mainstream news or pretty much anywhere unless they are in your backyard like mine. im all for equal opportunity jobs. but when they layoff one of the most talented brightest skilled work forces in the world and say sorry folks NASA is pretty much closing shop pack your shit and seeya! then they fucking bring in a massive amount of people from out of the area. fire 6000 then hire 6000? I know people that work there, I did for 2 yrs aswell under contract. and the new people they have hired are a joke, i mean really! Ive talked to a couple of them at the local sports edge bar and if that is the best NASA is hiring these days, they should just close the doors and get it over with! when I worked out there I seen government spending at its finest, youd just have to see it to believe it. they have plenty of $500 hammers and pliers out there... ever heard or seen of a 34 million dollar interior paint job that uses of the shelf Sherwin Williams paint, just 1 color? I can go on and on but the thing is, when they are in your home town, you see a completely diff side of NASA!
Yeah, I was real fucking sad they lost all their funding. I doubt the privateers will have the same zeal that NASA once did. We've set back space exploration by decades...

All this so we can go to war with some brown people... these fevered egoes in our Governments need to fuck off so we can go explore space together as one!
Bfowler
Briaans..... BRIAAAAANNNNNNS

Post by Bfowler »

stipud wrote:
freshkryp69 wrote:They have caused so many prob's with countless families over here in Fl! they have been busier than ever since the shuttle retired,rockets going off 2-5 times a month easy, but you wouldnt know that by any mainstream news or pretty much anywhere unless they are in your backyard like mine. im all for equal opportunity jobs. but when they layoff one of the most talented brightest skilled work forces in the world and say sorry folks NASA is pretty much closing shop pack your shit and seeya! then they fucking bring in a massive amount of people from out of the area. fire 6000 then hire 6000? I know people that work there, I did for 2 yrs aswell under contract. and the new people they have hired are a joke, i mean really! Ive talked to a couple of them at the local sports edge bar and if that is the best NASA is hiring these days, they should just close the doors and get it over with! when I worked out there I seen government spending at its finest, youd just have to see it to believe it. they have plenty of $500 hammers and pliers out there... ever heard or seen of a 34 million dollar interior paint job that uses of the shelf Sherwin Williams paint, just 1 color? I can go on and on but the thing is, when they are in your home town, you see a completely diff side of NASA!
Yeah, I was real fucking sad they lost all their funding. I doubt the privateers will have the same zeal that NASA once did. We've set back space exploration by decades...

All this so we can go to war with some brown people... these fevered egoes in our Governments need to fuck off so we can go explore space together as one!
right!? dammit! we want to go to war with some green people!
my ex-girlfriend said "its car audio or me"
i've had tougher choices at a soda machine...
denim

Post by denim »

So should I pull my computers off the SETI project? ;)