Small multi-chn amps

Any non-electronic/automotive related discussion goes here. Current events, sports, music, etc.
Rold Gold
Dirty Harry

Small multi-chn amps

Post by Rold Gold »

So I've been offered an Alpine PDX-V9 for a good price and partial trade. Read some reviews and talked to some industry pro's that all seem to like it. Makes good power and fits about anywhere.

BUT

I'm a PG purest through and through..... Has anybody heard the new SD800.5? And what is the retail on it? Not that I'm oppossed to paying retail but I won't pay retail because I've been doing this too long......

Lets hear it.............Who uses any of the small units on the market.... What are the general thoughts/impressions?
Those tender little burgers with them little, itty-bitty grilled onions that just explode in ya mouth like flavor crystals every time you bite into one.. just makes me want to burn this muthafuka down.... Come on, Pookie, let's burn this muthafuka down!!!
todd217

Re: Small multi-chn amps

Post by todd217 »

retail on the sd800.5 is $450
Audiophiliac

Post by Audiophiliac »

I am about to buy an SD 5 ch. as well. Probably the 800.5. I just need to punch my dealer in the throat first. :) He said he would make me a deal on it for $499!!! Clown shoe!
dwnrodeo

Post by dwnrodeo »

Audiophiliac wrote:I am about to buy an SD 5 ch. as well. Probably the 800.5. I just need to punch my dealer in the throat first. :) He said he would make me a deal on it for $499!!! Clown shoe!
I've had a similar experience with a dealer who tried to offer me a "deal". Their worst enemy is an educated customer...
XS2300, XS2500, XS2300, X200.4, X100.2, Ti21000.4, Roadster 66

I'm gonna become a civil engineer. I'm gonna design septic tanks for playgrounds. Little kids can take shits! You idiot, what the hell do you do?
denim

Post by denim »

This new pricing structure PG has is a MEGA turn off for me.