JDLR

Any non-electronic/automotive related discussion goes here. Current events, sports, music, etc.
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

JDLR

Post by ttocs »

What better way to start a day after a night of no sleep then to watch the sun rise while talking to the sheriff?

5:40am this morning I am surfing the net as I didn't sleep a wink, my laptop that is infront of my window. Our house is on a corner so we can see up one street and down the other. I had my window open and thought it was strange that I heard a scooter going slowly around the block since it was barely in the 50s here last night. He made a slow lap around the block and I thought it was even stranger when he came back around a minute later and then pulled up infront of my neighbors house 2 doors down. My family has lived in this neighborhood for 35 yrs and its a friendly place so I thought maybe it was just one of johns fishing buddies showing up. When I thought about it though with him being retired it seemed strange that his friend would show up on a scooter in cold weather, just didn't look right(JDLR)...

Let me go back a few years now when I was living in phoenix. One day in my bedroom while going past my window I saw 4 kids leaving my neighbors house. Seemed a little strange at first that 4 teenagers were leaving her house as she as a single black female with twin toddlers, not her usual crowd. They were walking maybe a little faster then usual each carring maybe a small shoebox size handfull of something. I wrote it off as they were probably the former owners friends looking for their kids as the old neighbors had high school kids that lived there so no big deal. 3 hrs later when I again walked past the window I now see a sheriff car infront of her house. AHHH crap I realized I watched them get robbed. I went out to talk to her and they said that they broke into the back of the house and took some video games, dvd's and some jewelry... Pissed me off that I watched it happen and didn't even try and swore that the next time something JDLR I would act on it.

So now again this morning I realize it isn't SOP for john's retired fishing buddies to show up on a scooter ever but especially in 50 degree weather. Not sure what was up but with that in mind I grabbed the gun I bought earlier this year(my first if you remember) checked its magazine, put it in my pocket and went outside to check it out hoping I didnt need it. As I walked up he came out from between the houses, black jeans, black/blue jacket and talking on his phone. I asked if I could help him and he said he was looking for someone and then got off the phone. I asked who he was looking for and he said his friend rick. I asked why rick would be back between john and kirts house at this hour and what the two were up too and he really didn't have an answer. Said his buddy was around the woods somewhere - not sure what the hell he meant. I was going to either memorize or take a pic of his license plate when I realized that he didn't have one, when I asked why he said he didn't need one. It was too dark to get a pic of him with my phone, so I told him that I was now taking a VERY complete description of him, what he was wearing and what he was riding and would be calling it in as something was up. As I walked off with my phone he got on his scooter and rode down the road.

as he left I woke my neighbor up and told her that she should probably check the boat and back yard to see if anything was missing, and shortly after that the other neighbor was in his car leaving. He is a jewler here in town and buys/sells gold/silver like a pawn shop does and said that he has noticed some strange things lately but didn't elaborate. The sheriff showed up shortly after and checked everything out and didn't see anything. Hopefully the neighborhood watch confronting him will scare him off and he won't be a
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
JK

Re: JDLR

Post by JK »

I hope you checked your nose before you went out.... :) be careful!! You never know what someone will do these days.... I bet he's scoping the gold man....
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

that was his thought but it looked more like he was on dickin in the back yard of the other house.

John finally replaced his flood light on a motion sensor and the other one added 4-5 light all around the house now. After talking to the two of them I got their numbers and said I would call first next time. The jewler has 2 SKS's and always has a 45 on him(news to me) as well as a taurus judge............ The other one was showing me part of his collection including some WW2 beretta's (32 caliber or something strange), and the khar 45 that is just a different model from my khar 9. After hearing all that I was more thankfull I didn't meet them in the middle investigating as well.

it all went down so fast that idunno how I ended up there really. I was thankfull I had my gun, thankfull I didn't need to use it, thankfull that I did scare the dude off. Next time I will call 911 and them before I would even consider comming out the door but each situation is different. That was how I started saterday, I ended it with a tandom skydive. I was so excited about jumping I didn't sleep much that night, had a good dose of adrenaline in the morning and to finish the day when the sun went down I was beat....
Lux

Post by Lux »

Shoot first, let the cops ask questions latter! :twisted:
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

next time like I said I will just call those two and then set up my new gopro camera on my window to record/share the show. Dude starts shootin that judge and there should be PLENTY of light for it to catch it all.....