Members meet Members

Any non-electronic/automotive related discussion goes here. Current events, sports, music, etc.
joerg
SOFA-KING

Members meet Members

Post by joerg »

I´ve been on a business trip to the Netherlands and just returned home tonight. I´ve got to admit that my job sometimes is real hard brain and bodywork and sometimes really boring. But then i also sometimes have the oppurtunity to sometimes meet members of this or other forum platforms.

What´s left to say is that i had a chance to visit Nico, one of the greatest members of this phorum and his beloved wife monday evening or better said night (stupid traffic jam). :naughty: Unfortunally time was short but never the less i enjoyed every minute. Nico´s wife really cought my tastebuds with her awesome selfmade pasta as a main and the applestrudel for desert. Still thinking i should have eaten one more plate :drool:

I also had a chance to finally hear Nico´s home stereo setup and i really know what i want for my living room once the space allows me to put them in my lving room. I´ve never heard such nice speakers before. And you´re right Nico, the Eckhorns are larger. :shock: I just checked the to sized cutted MDF in my basement.

Thank you again and i hope to get another chance to come by yours.

Last but not least a few pictures:

Music is silver, PHOENIX is GOLD
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Re: Members meet Members

Post by ttocs »

that looks like it would sound nice.
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

Nice! I stop by Nico's place every time I am in Holland. His stereo sounds better every time!
nico boom
Deus ex MS
Deus ex MS

Post by nico boom »

Thanks for the kind words Joerg, we also enjoyed your visit a lot. :thumbs:
In spite of driving almost three hours due to the mentioned traffic problems ,you stepped out of your car as relaxed as you just drove a few blocks to get a beer...
Thanks for bringing the shroud over and for the presents you brought from your own country Austria. [you made two new friends here the next morning as well :lol: ]
Remember you've got a place to stay in The Netherlands whenever you're in our country, we hope to meet you again!
p.s; I still want to see the Dodge one day in person :wink:
Nico and Wil
brenzbmr@sb
Booty Connoisseur

Post by brenzbmr@sb »

hey thats so cool, living on a rock in the middle of the water kinda stops me from just driving to visit peeps. bright side is if anyone is going CES i will be attending there.

let me know and we can meet up! aloha
You may have subs in your car........but my doors sound better!
joerg
SOFA-KING

Post by joerg »

brenzbmr@sb wrote:living on a rock in the middle of the water
Poor you! :mrgreen: I would love to visit that rock :pray:
itchnertamatoa
Itchy Tomato

Post by itchnertamatoa »

brenzbmr@sb wrote:hey thats so cool, living on a rock in the middle of the water kinda stops me from just driving to visit peeps. bright side is if anyone is going CES i will be attending there.

let me know and we can meet up! aloha
welcome to my world my friend ...
[url=http://www.phoenixphorum.com][img]http://phoenixphorum.com/templates/Titanium/images/logo.jpg[/img][/url]
brenzbmr@sb
Booty Connoisseur

Post by brenzbmr@sb »

lol joerg, i know you would.

itchnertamatoa, yeah its really bad isnt it? lol
You may have subs in your car........but my doors sound better!
00goobs

Members meet Members

Post by 00goobs »

I am originally from Guam, my rock was 7 miles by 35 miles. Around the Island was 2 hours which included lunch, swimming and driving 35mph... Now I can drive 14 hrs at 80mph and still be in the same state, hehehe...

Still, it would be nice to meet other members and listen to setups and stories. I was in Oahu for a week in early October....

Hello from my IPad!
04evors

Post by 04evors »

Almost all the Phoenix Gold friends i had have either closed shop or sold out although have been out of the game for a quite a few years. Glad to be back and hope to make some new PG friends!
ZX450
ZX500
XS2500 x2
XS2300
TI Powercore
PDL1
12" Xmax x3
Zeropoint 5.25 component set
TI 1.0 cap
joerg
SOFA-KING

Post by joerg »

I really wish i had known these guys before i´ve been at Nicos! They must sound amazing in his living room!

You gotta listen to "Smooth criminal" from Michael Jackson if u get a chance, Nico

http://www.youtube.com/user/2CellosVEVO/videos
nico boom
Deus ex MS
Deus ex MS

Post by nico boom »

Hehe.... last week I found a sub that can keep up with the speed of the horns and completes the sound right down to 18Hz.
It took several listening-hours tweeking the sound to get it right, but I'm very pleased now.
Also added these underneath the input-tubes; http://www.acoustic-dimension.com/
They make the sound more "lively" and relaxed in my setup, so there's only ONE thing you can do Joerg.... come over some time again [and bring the misses with you for a holiday near the beach :wink: ].
BTW; I sometimes play that song from MJ...our boys go acting [dancing] crazy then; we always have a laugh!