Lincoln is gone

Any non-electronic/automotive related discussion goes here. Current events, sports, music, etc.
VW337
Meatgician

Post by VW337 »

The 2.0 has a supercharger kit for it which is your only real option for fast and only then it is only comparable with the factory 1.8t. However the 2.0 is a bullet proof motor.
http://www.supremepowerparts.com/applic ... aspx?cat=1

Audio ummm well...........01 and down easy. 02 up whole new deal. In short if it has a double din H/U then you are looking at integration units only unless you really want to screw with CANbus.

Either way if you have to go through state emissions nobody will touch it with an aftermarket H/U. and never, never tie in the K wire which is the is the amp remote wire in the factory wire harness adapter.
I think we've established that "Ka Ka" and "Tukki Tukki" don't work.
Mastiff
French Poodle

Post by Mastiff »

then you need to get into a honda or something along that line and leave it bone stock.
Hontzo_MD

Post by Hontzo_MD »

01 GLS, with the 1.8t, its quick with minimal bolt on investment's, and really Ive seen several with ricy kits. It typically makes it look cheap. And unless you step up to one of the real euro kits, just keep it simple and clean.
Attachments
a bit smaller.jpg
a bit smaller.jpg (44.59 KiB) Viewed 5044 times
Last edited by Hontzo_MD on Mon Jan 01, 2007 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
REALLY!?
"Im not even supposed to be here today!"-Dante Hicks
Mackenzie
Where all da white women at?

Post by Mackenzie »

Mastiff wrote:then you need to get into a honda or something along that line and leave it bone stock.
Get a honda and leave it stock because i cant afford benz's outrageous maintnance prices... :roll:
Mackenzie

Post by Mackenzie »

Hontzo_MD wrote:01 GLS, with the 1.8t, its quick with minimal bolt on investment's, and really Ive seen several with ricy kits. It typically makes it look cheap. And unless you step up to one of the real euro kits, just keep it simple and clean.
Im liking that pic..
Mastiff
French Poodle

Post by Mastiff »

Mackenzie wrote:
Mastiff wrote:then you need to get into a honda or something along that line and leave it bone stock.
Get a Honda and leave it stock because I cant afford Benz’s outrageous maintenance prices...: roll:
No get a Honda because they are cheap all around... you're the one worried about maintenance cost ! I made a suggestion based on your concern for cost.

Bottom line get a Honda, Mitsu, Hyundai, Daewoo, whatever and stay away from German cars, as you seem un- willing to pay to play in that league.
Mackenzie

Post by Mackenzie »

Mastiff wrote:
Mackenzie wrote:
Get a Honda and leave it stock because I cant afford Benz’s outrageous maintenance prices...: roll:
No get a Honda because they are cheap all around... you're the one worried about maintenance cost ! I made a suggestion based on your concern for cost.

Bottom line get a Honda, Mitsu, Hyundai, Daewoo, whatever and stay away from German cars, as you seem un- willing to pay to play in that league.
As a college student having to pay for school, yes Im concerned for paying thousands for a benz.. As for honda I cant stand looking at them for the most part. Looks like the jetta is something im considering greatly..
Hontzo_MD

Post by Hontzo_MD »

The benz and bimmers will also carry higher insurance costs, id call my insurance company. I even got hosed on my VW Corrado since it had to high of a HP to weight ratio.

Ive since added smoked fender markers, and Im working on getting smoked tails.
REALLY!?
HoseHead
Tim Horton Himself

Post by HoseHead »

Can you post the schnitzel picture a little fucking larger.
It doesn't quite fill up my 71" Plasma.
Thanks.

HH

The only stupid question is the one not asked .......
Hontzo_MD

Post by Hontzo_MD »

is that better?
REALLY!?
VW337
Meatgician

Post by VW337 »

Hontzo_MD wrote:The benz and bimmers will also carry higher insurance costs, id call my insurance company. I even got hosed on my VW Corrado since it had to high of a HP to weight ratio.

Ive since added smoked fender markers, and Im working on getting smoked tails.
I miss my Corrado :cry: ................it was stolen and stripped, I would give my left nut for a black or yellow 94 SLC or a 91 G60 in the condition mine was in.

I too got hosed on my insurance and no it is not power to weight they nail you on with those they damn things weigh 3500'ish, it is the fact that they consider them a "Forced induction European sports car" essentially putting them in the same bracket as a 911 turbo. I was quoted $10K for a 6 month policy once, I very politely told them to go fuck themselves.
I think we've established that "Ka Ka" and "Tukki Tukki" don't work.