interesting...

Any non-electronic/automotive related discussion goes here. Current events, sports, music, etc.
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

interesting...

Post by ttocs »

Today I was doing an image search to try and get some ideas on some new wheels and was surprised when a pic of my car popped up. What surprised me was that it had "Modifiedcars.com" pasted across it like it was their image. Never heard of the site before and wasn't sure if I should be pissed or flattered when I found this.

http://www.modifiedcars.com/cars/30228/ ... 4-pictures

Looks like someone copied some of my images off of cardomain and put them up on there along with some old descriptions. At first I was pissed but after looking through the site they only have 800 cars and I am surprised that mine is up there with maclerens and pagani's that they also probably stole the images from. I sent them a message in the "contact us" section so I will see what they say I guess.

Anyone else ever found a random image of their car, themselves or something they owned on a random site before?
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
Kirghiz

Re: interesting...

Post by Kirghiz »

I'll be curious to see what they say about it. A lot depends on the context they were posted in as to whether I'd be flattered or pissed. I tend to think in this case I'd be flattered.
Being loud without good sound quality is pointless, but having good sound quality without being loud is also pointless.
Starunit10

Post by Starunit10 »

Unless your getting $20. For every picture of your car that's published, i would be both flattered and honoured!

does it show up on just Google image search?
Collection Growing..........
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

I found it on a bing image search first with the watermark across it as though it was theirs first, then went to the site.
LowandLoud

Post by LowandLoud »

I have found pics of my past rides and even a pic of a house i lived in because i mowed a club logo in our front lawn, lol. Most of them came from Streetsource.com.
Just yesterday i did a google image search on 22R wiring, and a pic of a club members truck showed up with "how i removed the emissions crap" as a heading. Must of been from a previous owner i hope.
From my understanding, anytime you upload pics on the net, they become public property unless there is some kind of copyright bs in place.

LL
Always looking for:

Install accessories
LE amps
Processing
Unique pieces
Kirghiz

Post by Kirghiz »

Pretty much true on the public domain stuff. One could rip images off the internet and make T-shirts, posters, stickers, and what have you out of them. I actually thought about doing that at one time, but the only things people will buy, band logos, brand logos, and sports logos are all copyrighted.

I say that because posting images on a website is a much smaller infraction than creating a merchandise line, and in this case they weren't copyrighted to begin with. I expect that if the website responds, it'll be a "nice car, do you have any more recent photos?" Type of response.
Being loud without good sound quality is pointless, but having good sound quality without being loud is also pointless.
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

yea I am not considering any legal stuff was just some thing I had not expected. Funny enough my first thought was that those were mainly older pics and didn't have anything to show the air ride system. I don't mind it, but I think maybe an invite or just a simple request would have been nice though.