Monday is over @ E3 thought on xbox one or PS4?

Any non-electronic/automotive related discussion goes here. Current events, sports, music, etc.
kg1961
Got wood?

Monday is over @ E3 thought on xbox one or PS4?

Post by kg1961 »

Im glad i was at home yesterday with my little one and got to watch a bit of the E3
got to see xbox one and new games coming out. late last night watched a bit on the PS4

Anyone gamers here? thoughts

I personally think xbox just f-cked them selfs and will have to do alot to earn the customer back also the price being 100 more than the ps4? just stupid IMO
most of my gear is gone :liar:
2020 honda accord sport
trickyricky

Re: Monday is over @ E3 thought on xbox one or PS4?

Post by trickyricky »

Not a gamer, but after all the Xbox's a friend of mine had to go through...I say its a no brainer (PS4).

Also all the forums and threads out there just to repair the Xbox....its absolutely unacceptable and Microsoft should of taken responsibility and did a recall.

Then again, most of the owners of the Xbox played it non-stop for 6hrs or more = lots of heat :twisted:
kg1961
Got wood?

Post by kg1961 »

I had 4 xbox 360 that they replaced by xbox-- i hate them. the only reason i have one now is for burnt games but now that will be gone...
2020 honda accord sport
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Post by ttocs »

I got an xbox 3 yrs ago just because I have some old friends that are hard-core gamers and that was the system they had. I only get on when they say they are on and mainly just to hang out as though we still lived in the same city/state. If I had my choice I would probably go sony but its not really something I am too concearned about.
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
Kirghiz

Post by Kirghiz »

I honestly can't stand the load times on consoles and play PC games almost exclusively. The lone exception is I have a PS3 to play Madden on since there are no football games on PC.
Being loud without good sound quality is pointless, but having good sound quality without being loud is also pointless.
Francious70
Half Baked

Post by Francious70 »

I own a 360 that I bought brand new back at the end of 2008, never had a single problem with it. Still play it to this day.

Anyways, the XB1 restrictions are awful. My brother and I share every game we buy. With the restriction to "lend" the game once and only once we will be fine. But once you "lend" the game, YOU can never get it back. BUT, you can share your library with up to 10 people so they can play the game you own. Seems very confusing.

Either way, I won't be buying either for a while, still plenty of life left in my 360. Plenty of games still to play.
Boomshackalacka
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

I'll definitely be grabbing a PS4... probably not at launch though.

I can't believe the shit Xbox is trying to pull!
kg1961
Got wood?

Post by kg1961 »

stipud wrote:I'll definitely be grabbing a PS4... probably not at launch though.

I can't believe the shit Xbox is trying to pull!

me to i hate first releases of xbox and ps they alway have some stupid problem fixed on the next shipment
2020 honda accord sport
Kirghiz

Post by Kirghiz »

stipud wrote: I can't believe the shit Xbox is trying to pull!
The thing is, Micro$oft has been pulling that shit in the PC community for years. I wouldn't touch a Windows phone or tablet with a 10 foot pole.
Being loud without good sound quality is pointless, but having good sound quality without being loud is also pointless.
Francious70
Half Baked

Post by Francious70 »

This discussion is now invalid.

Oh well, I still won't be getting either for a while until I catch up on all the great games of this generation that I never got to play
Boomshackalacka
Kirghiz

Post by Kirghiz »

Francious70 wrote:This discussion is now invalid.
I wouldn't say that at all. The only reason they backpedaled on the used game/shared game policy was because PS4 would steamroll them in sales. However, big brother will still be there since Microsoft gives the NSA free access to snoop around their servers, and that includes any XBox that has an internet connection. I have been leery about the security of data since Anonymous took down the XBox Live servers for about two weeks last year.
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

Your transferring secure data on x-box live?
Kirghiz

Post by Kirghiz »

They'll have your credit card info stored somewhere on their servers.
mr tibbs
Forum Goatee

Post by mr tibbs »

I like to call myself a gamer. I own 2 PS3's, a Xbox 360, Wii, a modded original xbox, a PSP, and a Nintendo DS. Prior to E3 I would not consider buying either console. There were heavy rumors that both systems would not be backwards compatible. After E3 that is absolutely no way in hell I would consider the Xbox1, PS4 possibly. Even with Sony kicking Microsoft's ass all over the planet without backwards compatibility I won't buy a new console. I have a library of PS3 and 360 games that I haven't enjoyed yet. That should hold me over until they fix the new systems. :mrgreen:
[url=http://www.usbr.gov//][img]http://www.usbr.gov/images/banner-3.jpg[/img][/url]
smgreen20

Post by smgreen20 »

PS4 for me. Always been a PS user anyway. The PS4 is computer based this time around, so there's a plus also in partly as to why it's cheaper.
Last edited by smgreen20 on Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"ZPA's will have the same sound essentially as you get from the MS, they just feature a bigger shinier set of balls."

Install:
http://phoenixphorum.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=16998
Francious70
Half Baked

Post by Francious70 »

See, I don't get the backwards compatability problem. Just keep your old systems, it's like you can get THAT much money selling them on. I know it's inconvenient to have a old system taking up space, but how often do you go back and play PS2 games?
Boomshackalacka
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

I really don't understand the backwards compatability problem myself. I play a game till I am bored and then its on too the next one. I have not found a game yet that would keep my interest long enough to be concerned about if it will play on the new system. Was just looking through the old games the other day and thinking I could take all but maybe 3 now back.
Kirghiz

Post by Kirghiz »

As shocking as it may seem, "retro gaming" is a thing. There is a shop in town that is dedicated to Atari, Nintendo, Super Nintendo, and N64, as well as PS1 and PS2 games. Some people will pay hundreds of dollars for some of the more rare games.

I never would have thought "retro car audio" would have been a thing either, but lots of people go out of their way to get old car audio gear. Same idea I think.
zztunnell

Post by zztunnell »

I initially bought the XBOX 360 Elite,and an external fan, first.The PS3 didnt have many games yet and I wanted to check out Forza. The Elite was supposed to handle the heat better than the regular 360. Not the case,my son plays anywhere from 2-16hrs at a time.The Elite lasted 1yr.

I then got a PS3 and have never looked back.I have since got a backwards compatible PS3 for me. I have every Need for Speed game ever made and enjoy playing them on a regular basis. I even have the 3DO version of the original Road and Track's The Need for Speed :D .I did replace the laser and upgraded to the more efficient and quieter fan before I started using it,after reading about them online. So I dont know the reliability of it originally. Ive never had an issue with it.

The first PS3 my son uses is the 2nd gen bigboy version. It has probably 20,000+hrs on it and still runs like a clock.

We still have the original XBOX(not360).Never had an issue. What happened when they went to 360 Ill never know. We went through bout 4-360's before I said F that and got the PS3.

Now to the new generation. We've already preordered the PS4 without even looking at the XBOX1. We will never go back to Microsoft for console gaming!

In my humble opinion,if Microsoft wanted to stay relevant in console gaming. The first and only concern I would have in designing a new console would be to obtain the rights to use Bluray discs. This oversight WILL be the downfall of Microsoft in the console gaming market!
LowandLoud

Post by LowandLoud »

Kirghiz wrote:As shocking as it may seem, "retro gaming" is a thing.
This is true. I personally know 2 people who are running old school systems in their retro builds. One, an NES in the glovebox. The other an Atari 2600 with a B&W TV and 12V VCR.

Its crazy but there is a niche for just about everything.

LL
Always looking for:

Install accessories
LE amps
Processing
Unique pieces
Kirghiz

Post by Kirghiz »

I was at a car show in town one time, and it was mostly old timers that brought out their classics and sneered at you when you got too close. Right in the middle of this was a mid 2000's Chevy Pickup, slightly raised, and there was a crowd gathered around the tailgate. I was like "wtf?" so I went to check him out. I approached from the front and peaked in the windows. Naturally his back seat was replaced by 8 DD 12's, but they of course weren't playing. I get to the rear of the truck, and he had one of the fiberglass bed covers that only raises haflway, and mounted to it was what had to be at least a 42" LCD TV that flipped down when the cover is raised. The walls of the bed all the way around were fiberglassed and installed was what amounted to a full 5.1 surround sound system, as well as a PS3. The dude that owned it was sitting there in a lawn chair drinking a beer watching one of the Transformers movies in Bluray off the PS3 in full surround sound.

.....and that truck was stealing the attention from classic Corvettes, Mustangs, Camaros, Chevy Bel Airs, and an assortment of other top shelf, well restored, classics. It was pretty damn cool though.
kg1961
Got wood?

Post by kg1961 »

LowandLoud wrote:
Kirghiz wrote:As shocking as it may seem, "retro gaming" is a thing.
This is true. I personally know 2 people who are running old school systems in their retro builds. One, an NES in the glovebox. The other an Atari 2600 with a B&W TV and 12V VCR.

Its crazy but there is a niche for just about everything.

LL

I just sold my OEM nes collection and did a acrade mame with a golden tee tower front with coin slot rooler wheel 2 player 6 buttons each 39" lcd with 4500 games on it 700 are of nes so i didn't loose the game just all the room to hold them all..lol now if i do that for me wii and xbox 360 i would have a full wall for movies..lol
2020 honda accord sport
LowandLoud

Post by LowandLoud »

Found a pic. This is from 3 weeks ago.

kg1961 wrote: I just sold my OEM nes collection and did a acrade mame with a golden tee tower front with coin slot rooler wheel 2 player 6 buttons each 39" lcd with 4500 games on it 700 are of nes so i didn't loose the game just all the room to hold them all..lol now if i do that for me wii and xbox 360 i would have a full wall for movies..lol
That is sweet. All the old systems and games can take up a pile of room. At one point, I had a PS1, PS2, PS3, NES, SNES and Sega Genesis all hooked up at the same time. You need an area like a library just for the cartriges!

LL
Always looking for:

Install accessories
LE amps
Processing
Unique pieces
mr tibbs
Forum Goatee

Post by mr tibbs »

I have played the Mass Effect games on the 360 at least 8 times through. That's 50 hours per game, 3 games each play through. And currently I am playing Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic on my original modded Xbox in the bedroom each night before going to bed. Yeah, I'm a little odd like that. I find a game I like and I will play it over and over again.

In my entertainment center right now I have a Directv box, my Onkyo receiver, a PS3, a 360 Elite, and a Wii. There is no more room for another gaming system unless the new one is backwards compatible!! Also, at last count I have over 70 games on the shelf for all of the different systems I own. Some of them I haven't even played yet! I'm good until they (Sony and Microsoft) get their act together and make a system I would be willing to buy.
[url=http://www.usbr.gov//][img]http://www.usbr.gov/images/banner-3.jpg[/img][/url]
Francious70
Half Baked

Post by Francious70 »

Right on. I think I played ME2 about 5 different times through.

But seriously, how often do you go back and play a game from the previous generation? Other than KOTOR?
Boomshackalacka