phorum future

Any non-electronic/automotive related discussion goes here. Current events, sports, music, etc.
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

phorum future

Post by ttocs »

I am curious how much longer it can keep up like this? If there is anything we could do to help?
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
brenzbmr@sb
Booty Connoisseur

Re: phorum future

Post by brenzbmr@sb »

something told me to pop in today. dont know how to answer that question. we need to get it back out, problem is could it be the gear itself? how is PG nowadays. i lost touch with them after we gave up the line back in 16.
You may have subs in your car........but my doors sound better!
vwdude

Post by vwdude »

I’m seeing some spam on here now and discussion seems quite muted. I think Facebook has taken all of the wind from these sails.
A few of these and a few of those.
Creator of www.phoenixgoldregistry.com
hit me up to add your limited edition amps.
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

This place has been slow for awhile. PG took our link off of their homepage, and as a result, our page rank dropped from the first page to the 4th in Google. Also Facebook picking up, forums declining in general, and a bunch of key users moving out and having kids... *ahem*. It is what it is. But I will keep it running as a memento, as long as I can!

Apologies for the spam. Since the forum software upgrades, my custom captcha that asked people to differentiate "speakers" from "amplifiers" no longer works. As such I had to fall back on default reCaptcha v2/v3. But even tuning it to 90% certainty, bots were leaking through. I set it to the absolute highest possible setting now. Hopefully we don't see them again. Otherwise i'll have to see if there is a new custom captcha that works on the new version.
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

Looks like the increased spam settings were too hardcore. I removed recaptcha v3 and brought in a custom new sorting option. We'll see how that goes for a bit. Hopefully it keeps the spammers out, without rejecting the cool peeps... :pray:
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

if there is any way I can help let me know. I have been making some changes personally and I am not nearly as much of a grump asshole as I use to be
kg1961
Got wood?

Post by kg1961 »

Tom Let me know if there is anything i can do to help? :oops:
most of my gear is gone :liar:
2020 honda accord sport
Whataboutbob

Post by Whataboutbob »

I just joined tonight. Many know me from the Facebook pages. I’d like to see the phorum stay alive. It almost feels more private than Facebook.
I immediately saw that things are purged after 6 months. We probably shouldn’t do that. That’s how I’ve found most of my collection is from stagnant adds. Troubleshooting questions also are good references.
I’ll be here for a bit and give it a whirl.
mr tibbs
Forum Goatee

Post by mr tibbs »

Whataboutbob wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 4:53 pm I just joined tonight. Many know me from the Facebook pages. I’d like to see the phorum stay alive. It almost feels more private than Facebook.
I immediately saw that things are purged after 6 months. We probably shouldn’t do that. That’s how I’ve found most of my collection is from stagnant adds. Troubleshooting questions also are good references.
I’ll be here for a bit and give it a whirl.
I didn't realize threads were getting purged after 6 months, that's not good. I also agree that this is a more private place than Facebook. I left Facebook years ago because of the misinformation and extremists. It was great while it lasted, but its dead to me now.
[url=http://www.usbr.gov//][img]http://www.usbr.gov/images/banner-3.jpg[/img][/url]
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

I find social media to be what you make it. For example my instagram is all about cars and I rarely get any political drama/bs on it. Now facebook I keep it a little more open for what people I friend but I still do not friend just anyone.

The purge thing does suck, we use to have some great articles.
lilviper

Post by lilviper »

I dont have a Facebook either, id hate to see this resource disappear.
megawatt

Post by megawatt »

Is this site still functional ? I tried to post a question earlier today after accidentally finding this site but as yet have had no response from it. It tells me it must be approved by an Moderator but I cannot seem to contact a Moderator, did find an Administrator but still nothing heard back.
megawatt

Post by megawatt »

I can fully understand why the site seems to be dying, no replies, no responses from anyone anywhere.....
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

if ya only knew how busy it use to be.
Bfowler
Briaans..... BRIAAAAANNNNNNS

Post by Bfowler »

megawatt wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 1:44 pm Is this site still functional ? I tried to post a question earlier today after accidentally finding this site but as yet have had no response from it. It tells me it must be approved by an Moderator but I cannot seem to contact a Moderator, did find an Administrator but still nothing heard back.
ooof, yeah thats me. i dont check for those nearly as often as i should. apologies.
my ex-girlfriend said "its car audio or me"
i've had tougher choices at a soda machine...