new cnc

Any non-electronic/automotive related discussion goes here. Current events, sports, music, etc.
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

new cnc

Post by ttocs »

I decided to expand a little and got a 100W CO2 laser with a 28 x 40" work area. Everyone that saw it had the exact same initial reaction that I did of "OH SHIT!?!". It was the biggest I could fit through the sliding glass doors in the basement with both doors out and only left me a couple of inches to spare. I had a friend save my ass by offering his skid steer to do the heavy lifting and I am both happy and slightly surprised that the plan went just as I hoped and could not have been any easier.
it slid into place right next to Clyde and I think I will call it Phoenix.
I still have plans and orders for the old cnc.
But I am already making plans for the new one for some 2150/2250 plexi's. I need to make sure they all line up over the right parts and will more than likely need to move some things and make a few revisions and that might take a little while but let me know if your interested.
and please point out if I made any spelling errors on the plexi. I think most people here know you might want to cheat off of me on a math/installer test but if you know me at all you will not cheat on the spelling test off of me...
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
mr tibbs
Forum Goatee

Re: new cnc

Post by mr tibbs »

That's awesome! Is this just for a hobby or is this work also?
[url=http://www.usbr.gov//][img]http://www.usbr.gov/images/banner-3.jpg[/img][/url]
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

mr tibbs wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 3:16 pm That's awesome! Is this just for a hobby or is this work also?
It started as a hobby but now over time I have managed to find a couple of regular customers as well as picking up some others here/there as people saw some of the stuff I have been making and I think I have basically paid for the cnc router with them. I am still disabled from digestive issues but I have been doing much better the past couple of years and actually put on a few pounds and been feeling better. At the moment it is a side job to help with disability $$$ as well as just to give me a little some goals to work towards, I think I can pay off this machine in a little more than a year or at least that is my goal. This year I am making it official and will be declaring it an official business and pay taxes and all(as well as depreciate the value of equipment with them). I wish I could find more info on starting a small biz or someone to talk to other than an accountant/lawyer.

I am excited to see all the cool shit I can do with this machine. I have a place right around the corner from me that does counter tops and has been doing it for a while and out back of their warehouse is a HUGE pile of the remnants of all the pieces they cut. I am talking fine marble/granite in all kinds of cool colors and they don't care what I take from the pile. The only problem then was cutting it and I discussed with them what that would cost but then I remembered that we have a local lapidary society that my family use to go to that has the saws to cut it all with. I think I should be able to make some nice door greeting signs "WELCOME TO THE SORENSEN'S" or even make a nice grave stone for my dog and others pets.
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

The hobby ended and the job started the minute you had a dang skid loader fit it into your house. That's hardcore man! Have fun with it.
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

ain't that the truth. How you been doing man?
Eric D
Short Bus Driver

Post by Eric D »

Wow!

Wow!

And another Wow!

I must have been living under a rock, as I totally missed this thread.
Very impressive.
I bought a 3D printer a few months back and thought that was cool. Well, you have me beat. My printer is now lame...
Got "schooled" by member shawn k on May 10th, 2011...
No longer really "in tune" with the audio industry, and probably have not been for some time.
Hands down the forum's most ignorant member...
Don't even know what Ohm's law is...
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

3d printers do look like a lot of fun. So far I have had no regrets and enjoyed making all kinds of things.
lilviper

Post by lilviper »

Congrats dude! thats boss as fuck.
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

I THINK I have the 2250/ms1000 plexi designed now. I am going to run a test tonight to compare to mine and see how it comes out if anyone has been wanting a 2250/2150/1000 plexi. It has been tedious work so I have been doing an hour or two here/there so I don't go nuts but I think its ready for another test run on some cardboard.

Stay tuned pg fans.
lilviper

Post by lilviper »

🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳