things just arent going my way

Any non-electronic/automotive related discussion goes here. Current events, sports, music, etc.
joyride

things just arent going my way

Post by joyride »

Well, I just got back to school and things have not been in myfavor. Nothin major, just simple things that are irritating.

Yesterday i was testing out my levels in the theater and had them pretty much set. I put in a few movies to further tune to my taste. I noticed it was a little hot on the bass end in a few movies. I went to put in U-571 to the depth charge scene and it instantly told me it was too high. A terrible flutter started and then i instantly turned it down. I then went on to another movie and where I was expecting bass, there was nothing. i went to pull the xmax out and heard something bad, a metal somethng was lose in there. I was pleased to find that it was just the connections. The little black piece that holds the connections had been blown in half. I epoxied it back together, and it has been drying. Any one know where I could find some more of these pieces (*cough* Errin *cough*)? Or am I just better off making some on my own?

Then today I was doing some homework on the computer when the monitro went into power save mode. I couldnt get it out and then started checking connections. Finally I looked at the card itself and the damn fan was dangling out of its heat sink. The fan burned up and melted the glue that held it in place. Then it fried the card. So now I have to spend more money that I dont have on a card. I am looking at a either the 7600GS or the X1600Pro. Both are similar in price. Any opinions?
joyride

Post by joyride »

New problem! I was heading to my first class of the semester at 745 am and hopped in the car. i turn the key and "click." Nothing. This has happened before and it was a dead battery. I tried again, and the alarm started going crazy due to low voltage. This gets really annoying. I think it has been acting up.

Anyway, I got it jumped and all seems to be going fine except my power locks. They will not work at all. I checked the fuse, but it was fine. Any other ideas why they wouldnt work? Is there another fuse under the ghood to control the locks? I have not noticed anything else wrong. Could the alarm (which can lock/unlock) effect this?
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

Well, at least you have your health.

The power locks could be that the alarm has lost the transponder codes of the key due to the loss of power. If I disconnect my battery for long enough, I have to press the button about 5 times before it can remember it. Not sure how to set your alarm... check the manual.
Francious70
Half Baked

Post by Francious70 »

That sucks mang. I don't remember what you drive, but if it's a GM:

Turn your key from off to run 5 times and on the fifth time, leave it in the run position and press a button on your keyfob.
Boomshackalacka
VW337
Meatgician

Post by VW337 »

alarm?

read last post.......... http://phoenixphorum.com/post3518.html#3518

sorry no terminals.
I think we've established that "Ka Ka" and "Tukki Tukki" don't work.