Football Megathread

Any non-electronic/automotive related discussion goes here. Current events, sports, music, etc.
Francious70
Half Baked

Post by Francious70 »

Well hot damn! Go titans!
Boomshackalacka
mr tibbs
Forum Goatee

Post by mr tibbs »

Well, there goes another regular season. My Colts are going to the playoffs red hot winning their last 9 games. The Pats are out thanks to Miami, and hopefully we have seen the last of Brett Farve. Also, the Lions get an honorable mention for their piss poor performance and going win less this year.

So, let's hear it, how did your teams do this year? Any predictions for the Superbowl? I say GO COLTS!! 8)
[url=http://www.usbr.gov//][img]http://www.usbr.gov/images/banner-3.jpg[/img][/url]
Rold Gold
Dirty Harry

Post by Rold Gold »

I think the colts have a good shot. But on any given sunday...........yer either gonna win or yer gonna loose....
Those tender little burgers with them little, itty-bitty grilled onions that just explode in ya mouth like flavor crystals every time you bite into one.. just makes me want to burn this muthafuka down.... Come on, Pookie, let's burn this muthafuka down!!!
Francious70
Half Baked

Post by Francious70 »

I always say it, but GO TITANS!!
Boomshackalacka
gkitching
Hair Metal
Hair Metal

Post by gkitching »

Maybe if we're lucky, the Browns knocked some sense into Ben Rothlesburger's head (concusion). And he won't throw interceptions and fumble the games away :evil:

But no matter who comes to Pittsburg, the defense will be ready to put a hurtin on em'. That much you can be sure of! :siren:
Greg Kitching
Francious70
Half Baked

Post by Francious70 »

Boo Pittsburgh. GO TITANS!!!
Boomshackalacka
Grim0013

Did you know?!?

Post by Grim0013 »

The winner of the game between Baltimore and Tennessee gets a slot in next week's AFC championship game? Really? What qualifies one to be a sportscaster? And why the practitioners of that trade seem to get worse and worse with each passing year? Even though he's not calling this game, I want to punch Joe Buck in the throat. I believe that that will somehow be a step in the right direction.
Octane Limited Edition (maybe for sale soon)
MS2125TA MS2250TA (Thanks Wakeup)
MS2125 x 2 (white, need caps)
MS275 (Burr Browns and fresh caps - Thanks, Matt)
mr tibbs
Forum Goatee

Post by mr tibbs »

I couldn't agree more. There are only a few out there that I can stand. Dierdorf (who is calling the Tennessee game) is horrible. Joe Buck, don't get me started on that asshole! :evil: Then there is Tony whoever on ESPN monday night football. That guy is the sole reason I can't watch monday night football anymore. I'm 99.9% sure that he would suck off Brett Farve in public if Brett would let him. My favorite is probably Madden just because he is a positive guy and he knows the game inside and out. When a play happens it's because somebody made a good play, not because someone blew coverage or something like that. Dierdorf is sooooo damn negative I can't stand it. Even though Madden is losing a step and says some very stupid shit I would rather listen to him than most of the other idiots out there. :lol:
[url=http://www.usbr.gov//][img]http://www.usbr.gov/images/banner-3.jpg[/img][/url]
Francious70
Half Baked

Post by Francious70 »

BOOM! There's your bride, and here's the groom. Now you know, some people are saying that she's a slut because she slept with this guy or that guy, but I say that experience is going to help her late in the game.

You know who had a great wedding?? Brett Favre. BOOM!
Boomshackalacka
denim

Post by denim »

Go Ravens!!
gkitching
Hair Metal
Hair Metal

Post by gkitching »

denim wrote:Go Ravens!!
They're gonna go alright!... Go Home :P

At least they won't have far to go after Pittsburgh beats em for the 3rd time this year. :hurr:
Then there is Tony whoever on ESPN monday night football. That guy is the sole reason I can't watch monday night football anymore.
I rank him up there with the Dennis Miller days on the irritation scale! But at least he knows the game :roll: [/quote]
Greg Kitching
denim

Post by denim »

Don't get me started. :lol:
oldskoolmseriesfan
Sherlock Homey

Post by oldskoolmseriesfan »

gkitching wrote:
denim wrote:Go Ravens!!
They're gonna go alright!... Go Home :P

At least they won't have far to go after Pittsburgh beats em for the 3rd time this year. :hurr:
Then there is Tony whoever on ESPN monday night football. That guy is the sole reason I can't watch monday night football anymore.
I rank him up there with the Dennis Miller days on the irritation scale! But at least he knows the game :roll:
[/quote]
Thanks for reminding us aboot the DM days.I had completely forgotten up until now :roll:
Hockey commentators are no better, they have Mark Crawford doin the Canucks games on Sportsnet I think.
Lets get the ex-coach to commentate, F**KING BRILLIANT :shock: Who comes up with this crap? I hear the NFL is signing Chevy Chase to a 5 yr deal.Changing the name of the league to NLNFL
:lol:

One last thing ...... The Steelers always shit the bed at the Big Dance 8) If they even get there :!:
Phorum PI!
Square woofers are GAY!!
denim

Post by denim »

With the Giants and Panthers out, it would appear the real Super Bowl to be the AFC championship game. But if the Ravens beat the Squealers then I think I would hope they play the Cardinals, as the Eagles fans are geographically close so they would try to set fire to the city if the Ravens won the SB over them. :lol:
Rold Gold
Dirty Harry

Post by Rold Gold »

I beleave they have a 2006 SuperBowl ring............ :hmm: and it was the Seahawks that shit the bed...... :lol:
Those tender little burgers with them little, itty-bitty grilled onions that just explode in ya mouth like flavor crystals every time you bite into one.. just makes me want to burn this muthafuka down.... Come on, Pookie, let's burn this muthafuka down!!!
oldskoolmseriesfan
Sherlock Homey

Post by oldskoolmseriesfan »

Holmgren is a great coach though I dont get it. No chemistry at all this year. I'd walk away from that disaster if I was Holmgren.Im a little behind on the news, what is the deal in Seattle? Is Holmgren gone or what?
Phorum PI!
Square woofers are GAY!!
teamradrz1

Post by teamradrz1 »

oldskoolmseriesfan wrote:Holmgren is a great coach though I dont get it. No chemistry at all this year. I'd walk away from that disaster if I was Holmgren.Im a little behind on the news, what is the deal in Seattle? Is Holmgren gone or what?
Holmgren is out he announced last season that this was his last season. Jim Mora Jr is the new coach (old Falcons coach)
2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
99 Grand Am GT, Xenon & Ti
71 K5 Blazer, Ti Elite & Xenon
07 Avalanche (still stock, I think wife won)
teamradrz1

Post by teamradrz1 »

If you want to talk about chokers look no farther than the Eagles I used to like them when they had Cunningham, White and Allen but so many chances in the play-offs and the superbowl and they always blow it can't stand them anymore.

I'm now rooting for the underdog Cardinals they have blown out 2 Playoff teams that were favored to beat them. I don't think anyone thought the Cards would beat the Panthers and that game was over in the second Qtr. and yet still no one is even talking about them. So I say Go Underdogs!
2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
Rold Gold
Dirty Harry

Post by Rold Gold »

I'll second that.^^^^^^
gkitching
Hair Metal
Hair Metal

Post by gkitching »

oldskoolmseriesfan wrote: One last thing ...... The Steelers always shit the bed at the Big Dance 8) If they even get there :!:
HA! 5 rings in 6 trips. I hardly call that shitting the bed. That title would be more proudly worn by Philly or Buffalo.

I've always been a Steelers fan. Even though I was born in Philly. I know what a piece of shit town that really is! And 'The City of Brotherly Love' is probably the farthest reach a city could have for a slogan :lol:
Greg Kitching
gkitching
Hair Metal
Hair Metal

Post by gkitching »

It truly is a sad sad day in the NFL

John Madden, the voice of NFL football for the past 30 years, is stepping down.

NBC has said that the Madden will not be back as an analyst for the '09 season. In a statement, Madden expressed his desire to spend more time with his family.

"It's time. I'm 73 years old...

"It's been a great ride. The NFL has been my life for more than 40 years. It's been my passion. It still is.

"I appreciate all of the people who are and were such an important part of the most enjoyable, most fun anyone could have... that great life with the teams, the players, the coaches, the owners, the League... my broadcasting partners Pat (Summerall) and Al (Michaels)... the production people and the fans...is still great... it's still fun and that's what it makes it hard and that's why it took me a few months to make a decision.

"I still love every part of it – the travel, the practices, the game film, the games, seeing old friends and meeting new people... but I know this is the right time."

Chris Collinsworth, who has been in NBC's studio and called games for the NFL Network, is a likely candidate to take Madden's place.
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Greg Kitching
teamradrz1

Post by teamradrz1 »

how funny I was just reading about it when your msg popped up. The only thing I didn't like about Madden is he tended to talk about stupid unrelated crap during the game, but he is one of the few that really know the game too.
2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
mr tibbs
Forum Goatee

Post by mr tibbs »

Madden was always pointing out the positives and not the negatives. That is what made him a great announcer to me, plus he knew the game inside and out. I don't think there is an announcer out there right now that knows the game as well as he does, especially Collinsworth.
thedeal7235

Post by thedeal7235 »

yeah, hes right, about spending time w/his family, but yeah, kinda sad Greg-
as she walked out the door she expressed, 'enjoy your amp addiction'
dedlyjedly
Silent but Dedly

Post by dedlyjedly »

there's some big games this weekend. anybody around here still watching football?

Go Broncos!