heh.. cops!

Any non-electronic/automotive related discussion goes here. Current events, sports, music, etc.
rlockwood

heh.. cops!

Post by rlockwood »

So i'm headed home today on I5, and as i'm sure you all know my area is about 1ft deep in snow. I'm cruising at about 65 in the right hand lane. Most cars were doing about the same, with the occasional moron doing ~80, usually in the left lane. Well anyway, this gold colored Chev. Impala comes up on me doing right around that speed (80), and proceeds to inch right up to my ass. If I had tapped my brakes, he would have hit me. He had kinda blocked himself in, as there was a car behind and to my left doing slightly slower. Eventually we edge out the other car, and he squeezes in between us and starts speeding back up to his original speed. Naturally, as he goes past me I give him the old one fingered wave.

Well, it wasn't your average gold Chev. Impala. This one had been equipped with lights in the back window!

In the end, he acted like a big dick, but I didn't wind up with a ticket. I guess i'm probably lucky that i'm not in jail over it, though I dont believe it to be illegal. In fact, I don't believe he could even use it as cause to pull me over.

Made for a fun drive home though!

Just wanted to add.. initially I felt like a complete idiot. I don't make it a habit of giving people the bird, but regardless of this guy being a cop he deserved it! If I had known it was a cop, I probably wouldn't have had the same reaction.. but in the end i'm glad I did it. Fucker was out of line and driving like a complete shit!
I'm afraid of widths.
mhyde71
Dr. Jekyll

Post by mhyde71 »

reminds of a time I was in Springfield Mass... coming down main street in the south end, and just passed the stop light for store 24 with a dunkin donuts across the street... anyways.. I am behind the infamous Impala, and it being snowy and miserable out, the car was going like really slow... and looked as though it was about to turn into dunkin donuts... so, as we probably all do, I started to pull out around to the left of the vehicle (mind you I am behind it) to go around it as I thought it was pulling into dunkin donuts. I maybe have crossed over the double yellows, and think that's why I ultimately got pulled over... pretty sure as there was nothing else illegal i did. so anywho.... that infamous imapla was of course our friend in blue and he pulls me over and asks if I knew why he was pulling me over... well I said "I was simply going around you as I thought you were pulling into dunkin donuts... so I wanted to go around..." given his car was going like so slow and looking as he was abuot to turn right by turning that direction, what else was I expect.... he replies.... "what? was that supposed to be a joke or something?? wise guy, eh???
Perhaps a lil self-conscience.. i dunno... but nonetheless... I recall clearly that my license had expired a couple weeks back, but he didnt end up luggin' me in, or ticketing me... (later I learned Mass has a 30 day grace period)... but and not sure if I had insurance either... but didnt get ticket for crossing over yellow, or making (in his eyes) a snide remark... I seriously thought he was pulling into Drunkin' Donuts... (which he was...) but didnt/couldnt admit it...

heheh
Last edited by mhyde71 on Wed Dec 24, 2008 7:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
PAST WORK/S HERE::
https://www.facebook.com/KhameleonKoatings/photos_albums
5.9Limited

Post by 5.9Limited »

when I was in high school a police officer in my town was on his way to a situation but in his personal vehicle with no lights...he went ripping through an intersection near my house, no horns lights sirens nothin...a black car on a sunday night at about 9:30....I pulled out of my buddies driveway just as he rounded the corner...yeah he hit me at like 40mph and trashed the rear end of my car...idiot...thankfully i didn't have my outlaw and jl w6's installed yet... the bes part...he paid me cash to get it fixed so that therre wouldn't be a police report on the accident...hehe..anyone smell a cover up? I smell bacon...
Wakeup
Mr. Nice Guy

Post by Wakeup »

So .....did you settle with cash?
5.9Limited

Post by 5.9Limited »

heck yeah...I got more than the repair cost and pocketed like $800...actually more than I would have recieved via insurance co. ... so I made out pretty good on the deal!!
vipka9

Post by vipka9 »

5.9Limited wrote:heck yeah...I got more than the repair cost and pocketed like $800...actually more than I would have recieved via insurance co. ... so I made out pretty good on the deal!!
he probably got that money from doing busting another guy hahahah
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Post by ttocs »

back in 94, I borrowed my mothers new car at the time, the momstang I now drive. We took a road trip to visit some friends up in indianapolis for the indy 500s carb day. We met my buddies and when we took off for hooters for lunch we decided to see how fast the stang was compaired to his grand prix. Needless to say I was enjoying beating him on the interstate and being young dumb and way fulla cum we were acting like idiots I can admit today. At one point I remember we were pulling hard and comming up on a black bmw 3 series, tinted windows and everything. I went to the left and flew by him, he went to the right. A min later I see the black bimmer keeping up just behind him, and then over take him. I thought it was great, the more the merrier right? 20 secs later I wondered where my buddy was, and didn't want to push it any faster on the interstate so the bimmer caught up to me. When the window rolled down there was a fairly large black man in a pretty smooth suit holding a big fat cigar in one left hand on the wheel, and a badge of some kind in the right while screaming to slow the fuck down........ Needless to say I did a break check, and then bailed from the interstate. He didn't pull us over and for all I know it was a fake badge but it made enough of a point to slow me down almost 15 yrs later......... never know where they will be.

I read a story recently about a off duty cop that had some ricer kids harrasing him and cursing at him to race them. He radiod his buddy who pulled them over where he got his vest out from the back, gave the kid every ticket he could think of and towed his car to which he sat and cried that his mommy was going to be mad at him..... you never know who is behind the wheel!
fuzzysnuggleduck
Soy Milquetoast

Post by fuzzysnuggleduck »

Cops are the worst drivers.
SOLD: '91 PG 4Runner
kg1961
Got wood?

item

Post by kg1961 »

PIGS hate them! I had a honda crx with 2 12" kicker c12 first gen alpine v12 500 and i was driving down the street. I went to the local 7-11 and this car came up on me like i hit someone (fast wheel locked slid sideways)
guns out he grabbed me and through me against the wall
I was a punk kid making a seen. WFT im yelling
I guess when i drove by his coffee fell of his dash into his lap because of the system...lol
he didn't give me a ticket that time but i later found out it was the new school cop and he gave me 2 or 3 tickets for nosie that year
dicks.....
most of my gear is gone :liar:
2020 honda accord sport
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

the loud stereo tickets really piss me off when every other harly has no muffler and an asshole driving it that things it is a lifesaving device.
NewOldStock

Post by NewOldStock »

My Boss's husband is a Portland police officer, hell of a nice guy... he is my go-to for questions.

I recently asked what specifically is illegal about roasting your tires at a stoplight. The answer: Its "Speed Racing"... and I read the ordinance which is 811.125:
(a) A speed competition or contest.
(b) An acceleration contest.
(c) A test of physical endurance.
(d) An exhibition of speed or acceleration.
(e) The making of a speed record.
(f) A race.

Now, I asked because I will be picking up a 2010/2011 Camaro and 426hp combined with the maturity level of a high-school sophomore means I will be installing a line-lock almost immediately (before the system) and roasting through the OEM tires in almost no time.

Here is the part of the law that pertains to burnouts:
(d) An exhibition of speed or acceleration.

So here is the part I am still waiting to hear back on:
If I have intentionally set a line-lock, I am OBVIOUSLY not making an exhibition of speed (at a dead stop) OR acceleration (at a dead stop) since my brakes will be on hard... I am making an exhibition of smoke and noise... and thats not covered by this law.

So, while I accept that for some unknown reason its illegal, I am still trying to find out why its illegal and if under certain circumstances, its NOT illegal... like setting a line-lock and NOT moving while doing it.

The law also states that:
(1) A person commits the offense of speed racing on a
highway if, on a highway or other premises open to the
public in this state

If I am not on a highway OR city street - say I am in a private parking lot that the public technically has access to, but is not "open to the public" - is it still illegal?

Arent laws fun? Its 100% interpretation... and every officer interprets it differently.

Oh - I forgot to add, this is the part of the law that confused me the most:
(2) The offense described in this section, speed racing on a
highway, is a Class A traffic violation, unless the person
drives a vehicle in committing the offense. If the person drives
a vehicle in committing the offense, the offense is a Class A
misdemeanor.

How would you commit the offense NOT driving a vehicle? Bicycle? Remote Control? Are they ticketing passengers for speed racing?
MX2 Crossover
Sapphire 1.5x - Sold
Roadster66 #11 - Sold
(2) RSdC 102 10" Subwoofers - Sold
NewOldStock

Post by NewOldStock »

ttocs wrote:the loud stereo tickets really piss me off when every other harly has no muffler and an asshole driving it that things it is a lifesaving device.
In high school I used to have multiple Orion XTR 15's and would regularly listen to either gangster rap or 97.1 when it was the oldies station.

About 10:30 one night after dropping off my girlfriend at home I was heading to a buddies place to play some Nintendo (Super Techmo Bowl) and was pulled over while listening to the song "Duke of Earl" on 97.1.

The cop was actually laughing when he came up to my window... told me he was going to give me a ticket until he realized what the music was. then just gave me a warning... and snickered his way back to his car.

overall a fairly successful night. Got in, Got out and played some Nintendo.
MX2 Crossover
Sapphire 1.5x - Sold
Roadster66 #11 - Sold
dwnrodeo

Post by dwnrodeo »

ttocs wrote:the loud stereo tickets really piss me off when every other harly has no muffler and an asshole driving it that things it is a lifesaving device.
Loud pipes don't save lives, loud pipes piss people off. I hate it when some dude on a Harley flies by, scares the crap out of you because you don't hear it until he gets right next to you, and then has that sticker on his "helmet" (Michigan law) that says "Loud Pipes Save Lives". That's perfectly legal, but if you hear bass from my car from a certain distance then that's illegal.
XS2300, XS2500, XS2300, X200.4, X100.2, Ti21000.4, Roadster 66

I'm gonna become a civil engineer. I'm gonna design septic tanks for playgrounds. Little kids can take shits! You idiot, what the hell do you do?
fuzzysnuggleduck
Soy Milquetoast

mistawikid

Post by mistawikid »

At risk of being linched, I'm a cop :shock: and I'm a BASS HEAD 8) With that said, I know a ton of cops and being 5-0 doesn't make you a dick, being a dick makes you a dick :!:
! its all fun and games until the Cops show up !
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

mistawikid wrote:At risk of being linched, I'm a cop :shock: and I'm a BASS HEAD 8) With that said, I know a ton of cops and being 5-0 doesn't make you a dick, being a dick makes you a dick :!:
ZOMG BANNED :lol:

JK I know some nice cops too. And a lot of drunk driving asshole ones!
NewOldStock

Post by NewOldStock »

mistawikid wrote:At risk of being linched, I'm a cop :shock: and I'm a BASS HEAD 8) With that said, I know a ton of cops and being 5-0 doesn't make you a dick, being a dick makes you a dick :!:
heheh - true, I am a dick and not a cop... just ask my ex-wife.

So can you tell me if spinning tires in a parking lot to a private business would be illegal?

I did get confirmation that if I do it in my driveway I am safe - so thats a bonus, except that I live on a fricken gravel road.
MX2 Crossover
Sapphire 1.5x - Sold
Roadster66 #11 - Sold
fuzzysnuggleduck
Soy Milquetoast

No doubt.

Although sometimes I do think that police work is something that attracts more people who are just plain dicks than those who aren't. Of course, I'm not stating that as fact, it's just a feeling I get.
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

I think the police force is no different then any other career where there will be good and bad guys. No matter where you go you will find someone that will abuse their power. Lets be honest in todays world their job is getting harder and harder each and every year.

I have systems in both of my cars but my neighbors have no idea. There is a time and a place to enjoy your stereo and I have never had a problem with mine getting me into trouble.

Have you given noise violations to anyone for any of the reasons mentioned above? Just curious and it certianly would not make you a bad person, or not too bad of one anyway :)
mistawikid

Post by mistawikid »

NewOldStock wrote:
heheh - true, I am a dick and not a cop... just ask my ex-wife.

So can you tell me if spinning tires in a parking lot to a private business would be illegal?

I did get confirmation that if I do it in my driveway I am safe - so thats a bonus, except that I live on a fricken gravel road.
In KY, private property is private property! All vehicle laws and regulations are pretty much non existent unless your drunk or endangering someone! Yes, you can get a DUI mowing your grass!!!! You can thank M.A.D.D. for that one, lol (Mothers Against Drunk Driving)
! its all fun and games until the Cops show up !
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

he might be right here as I know from what I have observed that there is no law in Ky saying you can't have 4 cars on blocks in the front yard so I think you can do a burn out if the car has wheels/motor/ect..........
Rold Gold
Dirty Harry

Post by Rold Gold »

Hey NewOldStock..... How old are you? Reason I ask is because if yer from Portland you may remember a car or 2 that ran around southeast and downtown ALOT between 94-98.......

First is a baby blue 79' cutlass supreme dumped on it's nutz with deepdish 14" supremes.... Second is a black s-10 extended cab with I-rock rims and 4- RF 18's......
Those tender little burgers with them little, itty-bitty grilled onions that just explode in ya mouth like flavor crystals every time you bite into one.. just makes me want to burn this muthafuka down.... Come on, Pookie, let's burn this muthafuka down!!!