Bad News

Any non-electronic/automotive related discussion goes here. Current events, sports, music, etc.
Grim0013

Bad News

Post by Grim0013 »

My employment is currently what I would call "tenuous." I am a contractor, and they are merging our division with another, and not everyone is going. Well, I have a check for now at least, eh? And likely some OT for then next few months. Save, save, save.

But wait, there's more! I just found out that not one, but both of my elbows are broken. Yeah, really. The left is fully casted already. The right, I talked them in to a removable brace. I have to go get that next week. Fuck me sideways. As a result, work on pretty much everything; car, dd5 knockoff, stereo system. All on hold for about two months. :(
Octane Limited Edition (maybe for sale soon)
MS2125TA MS2250TA (Thanks Wakeup)
MS2125 x 2 (white, need caps)
MS275 (Burr Browns and fresh caps - Thanks, Matt)
Bfowler
Briaans..... BRIAAAAANNNNNNS

Post by Bfowler »

how do you only suddenly find out both your elbows are broken? sounds like the sort of thing you would notice quickly?
my ex-girlfriend said "its car audio or me"
i've had tougher choices at a soda machine...
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

Christ almighty. We might as well rename this from the Phoenix Phorum to the Unemployed Americans forum.

Elbows from your skateboard fall or something else?
Grim0013

Post by Grim0013 »

Yeah, from th skateboard fall. No more ramps for a while. I kne I hurt them pretty bad, but didn't go to the doc. The right one seemed to be healing but the left didn't, so after 10 days I went to the doc and got x-rays on the left. Get a call, it's broke. Come in for a cast. So then they decide to x-ray the right as well, just in case. 2 days later, today, I get a call, it's broke too. Come in for a brace.

I probably should have went in right away, but I, through much experience, have built up quite a pain threshold. I mean shit, I went to a hardcore punk show that same night and was out in the pit running over emo kids. But maybe the fact that my arms were black and purple from mid-forearm to mid-bicep/tricep should have been a warning that something was really wrong.

At least it's just a brace that I can take off, so I'll be able to still work ok and stuff. And as to my job, I still have one for now, and I might long-term too, or I might not. It's the not knowing that drives one insane.
Octane Limited Edition (maybe for sale soon)
MS2125TA MS2250TA (Thanks Wakeup)
MS2125 x 2 (white, need caps)
MS275 (Burr Browns and fresh caps - Thanks, Matt)
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Post by ttocs »

I have been reminded a couple of times this year that I am no 17 anymore, not 18 nor 19............. When you come to the age that you are worried about jobs, insurance and all that fun stuff that you start to realized that it is time to slow down just a hair. When you wake up with two broken elbows you better talk the dr in making the right brace is removable or have a good "massage therapist" on speed dial.

The unemployment line ends just a few people past me. If you have a job man do what ever you can to keep it as there is nothing in the technology area right now.
mr tibbs
Forum Goatee

Post by mr tibbs »

ttocs wrote:I have been reminded a couple of times this year that I am no 17 anymore, not 18 nor 19............. When you come to the age that you are worried about jobs, insurance and all that fun stuff that you start to realized that it is time to slow down just a hair. When you wake up with two broken elbows you better talk the dr in making the right brace is removable or have a good "massage therapist" on speed dial.

The unemployment line ends just a few people past me. If you have a job man do what ever you can to keep it as there is nothing in the technology area right now.
I don't think there is much in any industry right now. I know I have never seen it this bad, and even my old man is flipping out saying he has never seen it this bad.

Good luck on keeping the job Grim!
[url=http://www.usbr.gov//][img]http://www.usbr.gov/images/banner-3.jpg[/img][/url]