Hockey Megathread

Any non-electronic/automotive related discussion goes here. Current events, sports, music, etc.
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

GOD BLESS HOCKY :hockey: :hockey: :hockey:

joyride

Post by joyride »

Do you know how happy I am to be on this forum where people actually like the sport! Its amazing that people in Michigan can love the lions, but could care less about the Wings. Hell, they didnt even know who Steve Yzerman was! Thank god for you guys.

So what are the predictions?
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

Canucks will win, of course, now that I am here to cheer them on in person :hockey: :hockey: :hockey:
joyride

Post by joyride »

West conference: I think Chicago will take it to the finals. They were a great team last season but didnt have anyone with the experience/knowledge to pull them through. If Hossa steps up and plays 'professor', they will be the team to beat. I think Detroit will give them a run, but they need younger legs. I think Calgary is relying a little too much on Luongo, which will make or break them. San Jose = choke

East: Hate to say it, but Pens again. No one in the East has the depth to compete. Bruins surely dont. I would say the Caps would have a chance, but lets face it, they rely completely on Olvechkin. Shut him down and you have it won.
oldskoolmseriesfan
Sherlock Homey

Post by oldskoolmseriesfan »

uhmm^^^ luongo plays for Van dude :lol:
Im a Canucks fan so ofcourse they are my first pick,I like San Jose only if Heatly lights a fire under Thorton's ass. The east Ill say Washington or Pittsburgh, Ovechkin is gonna have a helluva year, but as stated above, shut him down and lights out.
Phorum PI!
Square woofers are GAY!!
joyride

Post by joyride »

Yeah, dont ask me why the hell I said that. I got those 2 teams mixed up for a second. Should be a good series between Cal and Van this year though.
oldskoolmseriesfan
Sherlock Homey

We lost a fkn heartbreaker :idiot: :idiot: :idiot: :idiot:
Phorum PI!
Square woofers are GAY!!
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

oldskoolmseriesfan wrote:We lost a fkn heartbreaker :idiot: :idiot: :idiot: :idiot:
Wow we're even losing to Edmonton now...

I guess I brought my losing curse from Calgary over here.
oldskoolmseriesfan
Sherlock Homey

stipud wrote:
oldskoolmseriesfan wrote:We lost a fkn heartbreaker :idiot: :idiot: :idiot: :idiot:
Wow we're even losing to Edmonton now...

I guess I brought my losing curse from Calgary over here.
If thats the case........GET OUT OF DODGE, YOU CURSED BASTARD!! :evil:
Phorum PI!
Square woofers are GAY!!
joyride

Post by joyride »

Dont know if you guys saw this earlier in the week, but holy shit...Sucks to be ballard right now.

oldskoolmseriesfan
Sherlock Homey

Yeah I seen that.......what a TOOL!
Phorum PI!
Square woofers are GAY!!
oldskoolmseriesfan
Sherlock Homey

2010 PLAYOFFS!!!
Picks and predictions please :D
After the shellacking the 'Nucks layed on the Kings tonight, I was always leaning to Van in 6, but on the other hand, I cant see the kings starting game 6 as flat as tonights game........on that note though this was the first full game the 'Nucks have brought to the plate........and may I add how fucking DOMINANT we where :mrgreen:

As for the Montreal-Washington series, if Halak keeps playing the way he is....this is the series where the lesser team will win because of goaltending.

Id love to see Phoenix take down Detroit, but I dont think that will happen.

I think the San Jose-Colorado series is interesting aswell because of Andersons unbeleivable goaltending heroics and the fact that the Sharks always shit the bed in the playoffs.

Crosby and Malkin are the dynamic duo that are tandemly dismantleing the Sens.

Thoughts and predictions please :hockey: :eye: :hockey: :eye: :hockey: :eye:
Phorum PI!
Square woofers are GAY!!
joyride

Post by joyride »

Looks like it has been a surprisingly tight postseason for everyone. These have been some close games.

Im not a huge fan of the east, I just want Washington and Pitts to play so we can watch how terrible NBC is as they praise Crosby even though Olvechkin is schooling him.

The Sharks are up to their usual routine of blowing it in the first round.

I would LOVE to see Chicago lose. I think they are arrogant, and thier fan base thinks all too highly of them. Plus it would prove that Hossa is nothing but a curse and the Hawks are doomed for another 12 years.

Being from Detroit I obviously want the wings to win, but damn Phoenix is looking good. They have been outskating the Wings almost every game. Howard almost fell apart at the opening of the postseason. Thank god for Hank and Pavel. I think if they do move on, the next round will be interesting.

I would love to see the conference finals be det/chi again, as this matchup has resulted in some amazing games throughout the season. Plus each has a passionate fan base that will surely add to the rivalry.
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

oldskoolmseriesfan wrote:Thoughts and predictions please :hockey: :eye: :hockey: :eye: :hockey: :eye:
Vancouver's winning the cup. It's not even an option... and don't you dare tell me otherwise :lol:
HoseHead
Tim Horton Himself

Post by HoseHead »

Ovechkin is nothing but a fucking punk and couldn't carry Crosby's bag from the bus to the barn. That tinted visor, yellow laces and his antics when he scores. He needs about 6" of good ol' Sherwood to finish taking out that top row in his Russian cakehole. A little bit of North American schooling is what he needs. A great player, but he wants everyone to know it. "Look at me!! See my goal? Wasn't it fabulous? I'm the best there is." Complete egotistical asshole.

Respect, like honour or physical fitness, cannot be procured, it MUST be earned.

HH

Habs in 7
Sens in 7
Canucks finish tomorrow.

Phoenix is my sentimental favourite, but there is only one hockey team. They had to build a new Forum as there was no more banner room.... :D
The only stupid question is the one not asked .......
gridracer
RIP

Post by gridracer »

Hossa is not a team player he went jumping from team to team to play on a contender and only plays for himself and he won't win cup. Talking about curses bertuzzi is the biggest curse there is no team that has him on it will ever win the cup after what he did to Steve Moore its called karma.
Check my buyer/seller ratings http://phoenixphorum.com/gridracer-vt4548.html

I have more PG stuff than one guy ever needs.
joyride

Post by joyride »

Fucking Betruzzi...god damn I hate him. Hes terrible, and I hope the wings get rid of him as soon as they possibly can
oldskoolmseriesfan
Sherlock Homey

gridracer wrote:Hossa is not a team player he went jumping from team to team to play on a contender and only plays for himself and he won't win cup. Talking about curses bertuzzi is the biggest curse there is no team that has him on it will ever win the cup after what he did to Steve Moore its called karma.
Thats Karma with a capital K :clap: what a douche that bertuzzi is :roll:
Phorum PI!
Square woofers are GAY!!
gridracer
RIP

Post by gridracer »

Well my young Avalanche team are done. I guess its back to cheering for Philly but I don't think they have the depth to go all the way. I like Pittsburgh for the finals.
The sens well they are 1 or 2 guys away from being a good team.
Check my buyer/seller ratings http://phoenixphorum.com/gridracer-vt4548.html

I have more PG stuff than one guy ever needs.
HoseHead
Tim Horton Himself

Post by HoseHead »

The Senators left their balls in the dressing room after the first period. What's with the one forechecker and the collapse around the net in their own end? Did I miss that day in hockey school? Pittsburgh just boned the Sens defence each time, recovered the puck, sent it to the point and voila. The Senators are too too soft. There will be a few job openings down there this off season.....

HH
The only stupid question is the one not asked .......
oldskoolmseriesfan
Sherlock Homey

Im looking forward to some revenge from last years dissapointment with Chicago :twisted:

Washington blows goats..........baaaaaaaaaaaa,baaaaaaaaaaaa :clap:
Halak has one hell of a feat infront of him!
Phorum PI!
Square woofers are GAY!!
fuzzysnuggleduck
Soy Milquetoast

Post by fuzzysnuggleduck »

This is Halak's big test and time to shine, I think. He was in the spotlight during the Olympics and again now. If he can be really spectacular, anything can happen.
SOLD: '91 PG 4Runner
oldskoolmseriesfan
Sherlock Homey

fuzzysnuggleduck wrote:This is Halak's big test and time to shine, I think. He was in the spotlight during the Olympics and again now. If he can be really spectacular, anything can happen.
Correctamundoe :hockey:
Phorum PI!
Square woofers are GAY!!
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

I love it when backbencher goalies show up their overpaid primadonna counterparts in the playoffs. I remember when Kipper came into his own and damn near got Calgary to win the cup... I was this [] close to becoming a Flames fan, simply because of him :lol:
fuzzysnuggleduck
Soy Milquetoast

Post by fuzzysnuggleduck »

Halak was incredible today and MTL picks up the win in Pittsburg! Series tied 1-1
SOLD: '91 PG 4Runner