Hockey Megathread

Any non-electronic/automotive related discussion goes here. Current events, sports, music, etc.
joyride

Post by joyride »

Wow, get some new refs. How in the hell do they manage to give the wings 11 min of penalties in the first period? That hit on Havlat (I swear to god I thought he was dead)? Even the announcers say it was totally legal. They gave Kronwall 5 and a game for that! Its as though they are trying to pull the series out longer to get more people to watch a game 7.

Fuck you Bettman...you have already ruined the NHL. Your reffing has been at its worst in 20 years. Inconsistent, random calls, and always in the way.
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

Yeah that was some boooooolshit. That was a fair hit.
oldskoolmseriesfan
Sherlock Homey

Post by oldskoolmseriesfan »

.........got knocked the ^$&^%^*$& out, and legal too. Bettman needs to go suck his balls! When the hell is he gonna leave the hockey racket!
Phorum PI!
Square woofers are GAY!!
joyride

Post by joyride »

I dont see him leave his feet until after the hit, which is legal. And all that crying about interference? He could have had the puck off the boards but decided not to play it. Some people need to realize that this happens when you put your head down. I got laid out like this once, snapped my cage off (which gave me a black eye)...you learn quick. I dont remember a whistle being blown as I regained consciousness and crawled into the bench.

joyride

Post by joyride »

Suck it Pens. Funny how the NHL's Golden Boy cant do anything now that he is playing against a real hockey team. Anyone else find the back to back thing a little ridiculous? Hell, are any of you guys even watching anymore?
gkitching
Hair Metal
Hair Metal

Post by gkitching »

didn't get the chance to watch that one... saw the score and highlights :cry:

too much time off ... Penns will make a game of it
Greg Kitching
fuzzysnuggleduck
Soy Milquetoast

Post by fuzzysnuggleduck »

I don't find a rematch of last years final to be all that interesting.
SOLD: '91 PG 4Runner
gkitching
Hair Metal
Hair Metal

Post by gkitching »

What is up with the NHL? I haven't seen 1 single advertisement for the finals. I had to go to NHL's website to find the time and channel for the next game. It's no wonder no one is interested. Aside from an occasional ESPN spot with Barry Melrose, there's is nothing to get anyone excited. I mean this is their superbowl! WTF?!
Greg Kitching
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

It's finals like these that make me wish they had a third place matchup as well (i.e. in this case Hurricanes vs Chicago).

Pens vs Caps was the end of it for me...
joyride

Post by joyride »

yeah, this series is a joke. Who knows, maybe the Pens will do better on home ice.

I find it funny that the NHL basically threw away thier rule book though for Malkin. Although i dont think it was worth a game misconduct, it was clearly an instigator penalty (by the rulebook definition), which at that point in time is a game suspension. Someone on the Pens is really giving it to Bettman. I dont know how much more clear it could be that he has favored them all season.
oldskoolmseriesfan
Sherlock Homey

The grey area in the rule book states if it is an enforcer, or pre meditated, which it was neither. So that was the excuse, I dont think it was worth a game either, but there is an awful lot of whodunnit going on :roll:
Phorum PI!
Square woofers are GAY!!
Stryker

Post by Stryker »

ahhhh it's part of the game.... In the finals gotta let the players decide whats what. I still love seeing the fight between Iggy and LeCavalier in 04'. wasn't the same situation but 2 of the best players out there. just like Malkin and Zetterberg. There was no way, even for one second that anyone thought he was gonna be suspended for a game. he knew(Malkin) and so did Detroit. Play on, I sure hope Pitt can win both on home ice or it's OVER. I do recall in this thread picking Pitt.....lol
screw car audio, I'd rather go fast....errr, wait a minute.
gkitching
Hair Metal
Hair Metal

Post by gkitching »

YYYYYES! Phew! At least it won't be a sweep. It was actually a worth watching. Game 4 tonight!
Greg Kitching
joyride

Post by joyride »

Yeah, they really picked it up and deserved the win. The Wings werent making any passes, and they just got outplayed a lot. At least its gonna be a good series now that we know the Pens can play against them. And it actually got some good TV ratings! (and no Bettman, it isnt because of all the BS you id to the NHL)
Stryker

Post by Stryker »

It's on now :D . Detroit lookin old and tired.... Still tho Pens gotta win one on the road. Gonna be good. :)
oldskoolmseriesfan
Sherlock Homey

I only caught the last 10 mins, but am very happy, looks like a series afterall :twisted:
Phorum PI!
Square woofers are GAY!!
joyride

Post by joyride »

Ill give it to the Pens again, they pure outplayed the Wings. The sure do look tired. Hopefully Datsyk can come in and play some defense on Malkin. Hes killing us.
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

Awesome! Looks like I'll be watching the next couple games. After Chicago and Carolina were swept, I thought there were no interesting games left...
joyride

Post by joyride »

Going in to game 7 on Friday night. Hopefully the wings play well again. Looks like the away teams are really struggling in this series, which is great news for Detroit. Should be worth a watch though.
Stryker

Post by Stryker »

like I said, gotta win one on the road.......
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

F'N A PENS!!! :metal: :metal:
Stryker

Post by Stryker »

ya baby..... :D :D :D :D Fleury was the MVP. it's always the
goalie who wins it :lol: :lol: :lol:
gkitching
Hair Metal
Hair Metal

Post by gkitching »

OH YA!

HERE WE GO PITTSBURG ... HERE WE GO!

Wasn't I just singing this song back in February? :P
Greg Kitching
oldskoolmseriesfan
Sherlock Homey

OPENING NIGHT BOYS :hockey: :hockey: :hockey: :hockey: :beer: :beer: :hurr:
Phorum PI!
Square woofers are GAY!!
gridracer
RIP

Post by gridracer »

I actually might get NHL center ice this year for the first time since I had DTV 8 years ago been waiting all summer for hockey to start again.