Stryker's 96 T-Bird 3k daily

Have a cool car stereo? Post your install pictures here! No PG? No problem! Competition grade or sub-in-box setups: ALL are welcome!
Stryker

Stryker's 96 T-Bird 3k daily

Post by Stryker »

Well it's about time to get started on this fairly large change over for me.
I've asked myself a few times why, and without a doubt it's to have more POWER!!!! 8) Nothing wrong with the old setup, sounded great, was loud hit hard etc etc, but it hadn't changed in 5 years. To start with I'm going with 2-1200.1Rsd's, 1-500.4 Rsd, 215ix, BASS CUBE, 35 farad stinger cap and upgrading to 0/1 gauge wire and matching rca's(colorwise) lol. Having 3 kids and so on i had to cut corners on a few things, such as RCA's. cause i would have like blue far better but these were practically given to me. I've ran the snot out of the 400ZXTi at 2OHM's and well we all know how they like to draw current. so i'm gonna run 4OHM's now and see what it's like. new subs are around the corner just not yet.
please feel free to add comments and give opinions and advice. I've had alot of setups through the years but this is by far the most power. def. looking forward to it. i'll try to keep the pic's flowin and i'm hoping this does not take more than a week or two. here's the pic's of the tearout.
Last edited by Stryker on Tue Mar 15, 2011 4:59 pm, edited 17 times in total.
screw car audio, I'd rather go fast....errr, wait a minute.
Stryker

Post by Stryker »

try again they were all backwards lol.
Attachments
the subject
the subject
DSC01736.JPG (377.12 KiB) Viewed 20968 times
looking far too crowded. gonna try the trunk floor look tomorrow.
looking far too crowded. gonna try the trunk floor look tomorrow.
DSCN2705.JPG (433.12 KiB) Viewed 21091 times
dam these are big amps. guess my measurements were a shade off.
dam these are big amps. guess my measurements were a shade off.
DSCN2704.JPG (435.07 KiB) Viewed 21091 times
The palate, was hoping to use this over with new carpet but i don't think it's gonna work out.
The palate, was hoping to use this over with new carpet but i don't think it's gonna work out.
DSCN2703.JPG (411.58 KiB) Viewed 21091 times
nice and tidy;) what you can't see don't worry about.
nice and tidy;) what you can't see don't worry about.
DSCN2701.JPG (394.08 KiB) Viewed 21091 times
wow that was cleansing
wow that was cleansing
DSCN2700.JPG (446.51 KiB) Viewed 21091 times
the final disconnection
the final disconnection
DSCN2699.JPG (426.65 KiB) Viewed 21091 times
thx to kg1961 i finally got this started. gave him back the 600ZXTi in a trade. soooo now's the start.
thx to kg1961 i finally got this started. gave him back the 600ZXTi in a trade. soooo now's the start.
DSCN2698.JPG (409.3 KiB) Viewed 21091 times
Oh the memory's. but hey look what i'm movin too!!
Oh the memory's. but hey look what i'm movin too!!
DSC05210.JPG (351.43 KiB) Viewed 21091 times
Last edited by Stryker on Mon May 18, 2009 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
joerg
SOFA-KING

Post by joerg »

Everything looks good to me! Have fun squeezin everything in! But that stinger cap does sooo not fit the rest of the install! :wink:
Music is silver, PHOENIX is GOLD
Stryker

Post by Stryker »

I'm thinking about hiding the cap or painting it black instead of blue, not sure yet. i do like the display gauge but i do have an RMD going in somewhere at the dash. well out to the driveway i go.
Stryker

Post by Stryker »

Ok after ripping most of the interior out I should be good to go with the deadening of the car. It's real quiet already so I'm not gonna go too crazy jus a few spots that i know about. Weather is gonna be shat here for a couple of days so I'm gonna do up the amp rack. hopefully someone comes through with a black EQ for me. I don't really need it but it makes it look far more symmetrical with 2 and I'm a straight lines kinda guy.
The stinger cap is gonna be hidden behind the rack and I'm going to cut some holes that are hidden underneath the 1200.1's. this cap lights up the whole room and has some ridiculously bright led's inside of it that shine through the blue plexi. admittedly it just does not match the PG gear so it's goin be hiding. 8) I did manage to come up with an arrangement for all this gear with the help of my middle daughter Annika. I can even use the same carpet and the holes are usable and hidden.....bonus. As you can see the 230EQ just looks dumb but i do like how it fills out the rack better than the crossover's. we shall see what happens with the trade offer for it. Here's a few pic's of the layout I'm gonna use and i still can access the spare and have some trunk left for whatever. I do like this setup as i can access all the amp controls and so on. till later.
Attachments
DSCN2717.JPG
DSCN2717.JPG (447.23 KiB) Viewed 21041 times
DSCN2718.JPG
DSCN2718.JPG (441.32 KiB) Viewed 21041 times
DSCN2720.JPG
DSCN2720.JPG (405.82 KiB) Viewed 21041 times
Stryker

Post by Stryker »

Rain today and i have no garage :( . should be nice for a few days so i'll have to get to work hardcore if this is to be done by the weekend. which is going to be tough.
steelbath

Post by steelbath »

Nice! What subs will you be pushing with the 1200.1's?
mr tibbs
Forum Goatee

Post by mr tibbs »

If you can get another black EQ that would look badass!! :twisted:
[url=http://www.usbr.gov//][img]http://www.usbr.gov/images/banner-3.jpg[/img][/url]
Stryker

Post by Stryker »

steelbath wrote:Nice! What subs will you be pushing with the 1200.1's?
I have 2 options too work with at the moment: option #1 is Clarion 15's dual 2OHM VC's. I will run each at 4OHM not 1 OHM. i know everyone may be saying HUH??? Well I bought these in a package deal with the capacitor. Dude had them since 2006 and they were sitting in a disco van not being used, save for the one summer van was on the road :lol: . They are virtually new and certainly not broke in because they seemed to get louder by the day when i had them hooked up to the 600ZXTi @ 2OHM's. they do have some thump. for 150CAD for 3 i'm not worried if they last or not, plus I have an extra in case. option#2 The tried and true RF punch HE 15's, had these in my car and a previous vehicle since 2000. I like them but they are only rated 200RMS, 400 max, so I'm thinking they may be toast fairly fast with somewhere around 750-800 rms from the new PG's. I would prefer to keep these in V.good condition as I'm building an old skool rockford system on the side. I have only listened to the Clarions for a few weeks and they do hit alot harder than my RF's so they will be my first choice. I do not have loads of listening time under my belt on a variety of subs so I do not know whats what so to say. I have plans for 4-12inch Rsd's in the near future so i can run the 1200's at 2OHM's :) As it sits I would like to have A DVD deck and center channel before new subs.
As far as another black EQ, This is a slam dunk as kg1961 has come through for me once again. He's gonna go grab his black 215x outta storage and then I'm going to get it from him on Weds. :)
here's the pic's of the sub choices,let me know if you think Clarion or RF. keep in mind the RF's are low power subs that matched well with the 600ZXTI but were only seeing approx 300 watts RMS each.
I had also forgotten to mention that I'm using AVI 5.25BSM comps in kicks on the floor in front, 5.25 Clif Designs comps front doors and in the back. Eclipse 5415 deck ,it's older but has the 5V pre outs. soon be be DVD anyway.
till next time.....

later
Attachments
DSCN2725.JPG
DSCN2725.JPG (301.02 KiB) Viewed 20966 times
DSCN2724.JPG
DSCN2724.JPG (367.31 KiB) Viewed 20966 times
DSCN2723.JPG
DSCN2723.JPG (338.16 KiB) Viewed 20966 times
DSCN2722a.JPG
DSCN2722a.JPG (346.43 KiB) Viewed 20966 times
DSCN2721a.JPG
DSCN2721a.JPG (374.94 KiB) Viewed 20966 times
Bfowler
Briaans..... BRIAAAAANNNNNNS

Post by Bfowler »

sweet! i would go for the clarions for sure!
my ex-girlfriend said "its car audio or me"
i've had tougher choices at a soda machine...
oldskoolmseriesfan
Sherlock Homey

Post by oldskoolmseriesfan »

correct me if I am wrong, isnt the RSD line quite a significant downgrade from the ZX line?
Phorum PI!
Square woofers are GAY!!
Misfire

Post by Misfire »

Dam nice... getting itchy for my install.
Bfowler

Post by Bfowler »

oldskoolmseriesfan wrote:correct me if I am wrong, isnt the RSD line quite a significant downgrade from the ZX line?
from a power, reliability standpoint. NO

from a crossover and processing features point. YES

the
oldskoolmseriesfan
Sherlock Homey

Post by oldskoolmseriesfan »

Bfowler wrote:
oldskoolmseriesfan wrote:correct me if I am wrong, isnt the RSD line quite a significant downgrade from the ZX line?

the
same or better power then? and not quite the SQ?
Phorum PI!
Square woofers are GAY!!
mr tibbs
Forum Goatee

Post by mr tibbs »

Bfowler wrote:

the
Brain freeze?? :lol:
[url=http://www.usbr.gov//][img]http://www.usbr.gov/images/banner-3.jpg[/img][/url]
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

Other than the crossovers... not at all!
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Post by ttocs »

wasn't the zx line still made in the us?
Bfowler

Post by Bfowler »

it sure as Abraham was.
smgreen20

Post by smgreen20 »

I loved the Clarions I had MANY years ago. I'd go w/the Clarions too, but then again I despise RF and love Clarion as much as WE love PG
"ZPA's will have the same sound essentially as you get from the MS, they just feature a bigger shinier set of balls."

Install:
http://phoenixphorum.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=16998
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Post by ttocs »

being made in the usa was worth more then a stamp..... I am sure we can all agree it was the beginning of the end when they went offshore.
dBincognito
Randy Bo-Bandy

Post by dBincognito »

ttocs
I am sure we can all agree it was the beginning of the end when they went offshore.
x2...if it doesn't have a gold board...it's not Phoenix " Gold "....in other words....the ZX series is the last run I would buy :cry:
Bfowler

Post by Bfowler »

i would not agree with that.

failure rates went down after they moved off shore.

i think the beginnning of the end was when they started building gear with the mindset "will this make money?" instead of the mindset "will this be bad ass?"

which just happened to be around the same time. just my observation
Stryker

Post by Stryker »

please fella's, lets not turn my install log into a debate on PG amp's.
It will become waaaaay to clogged if that happens. TY :-s
dBincognito
Randy Bo-Bandy

Post by dBincognito »

Bfowler
I think they had to conform with the flood of cheap amps on the market....and of course all the marketing gimmicks and people not knowing what's what.....they were just trying to stay in business.....I don't think you can really blame them for that....if they had kept building amps here in the US, I'm sure their profit margin would have dropped quite marginally. Everybody moved overseas.....it almost seems inevitable now days

Stryker
Sorry for invading your thread....everything is looking good 8)
phonixx
100th Member

Post by phonixx »

Wonderful setup, you`re gonna love your RSD amps, they are really good amps. I have a RSD 1200.1 and a RSD500.4 and they are great. I took out 2*ZX450v2 and replaced them with the 2 RSD amps, the 500.4 sounded the same as a ZX450 (at least i cant hear any different) but the RSD1200.1 is a real powerhouse pushing out approx 1400 watts. Looking forward to se it all mounted in your car.