New car Install! :D

Have a cool car stereo? Post your install pictures here! No PG? No problem! Competition grade or sub-in-box setups: ALL are welcome!
GX3

Post by GX3 »

any updates ???
ZX950 X2 1 blk 1 wht
MS1KTA black NIC
MS1KTA white NIB
MS2250TA (x3) 1 in Blue 1 in Red
MS2125TA
MAC200 NIB
MS275 (x2) 1 NIB
MPS2240 NIB
Tantrum 500.2 (x2)
SA1.0 (x2)
ZPA 0.5 X2
ZPA 0.3 X3
Ti DD10 ............
jbondox

Post by jbondox »

pretty cool installation, I like the sound deadening and the a-pillars. though I would of tek-flexed every wire in the cabin even though it is too late and I am not a huge fan of speaker box carpet... but that is just me.

Also if you ever have a judge tell you about tekflex again doesn't protecting anything, tell him to tell the European car manufacturers that. Every MB and Porsche I see and work on all have it. and under the hood.

great job!
James Shields
[email][email protected][/email]
[url]http://www.northolmstedperformance.com[/url]

[img]http://www.northolmstedperformance.com/images/Business_card_front.sized.jpg[/img]
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Post by ttocs »

I was confused by that as well. That stuff is tough as hell and works as good as it looks.
bruther

Post by bruther »

This is a great Install. Keep it up.

Quick question, how did you make the speaker grill trim rings? Are they out of MDF or aluminum and how do you mont them to the enclosure and kick panels?
1-Phoenix Gold Outlaw
1-Phoenix Gold Bandit
vin78
Vin Diesel

Post by vin78 »

jbondox wrote:pretty cool installation, I like the sound deadening and the a-pillars. though I would of tek-flexed every wire in the cabin even though it is too late and I am not a huge fan of speaker box carpet... but that is just me.

Also if you ever have a judge tell you about tekflex again doesn't protecting anything, tell him to tell the European car manufacturers that. Every MB and Porsche I see and work on all have it. and under the hood.

great job!
Thanks

I'd rather use split tubing since it protects better....IMO techflex only bundles wires together, not much protection.
Besides, I stopped using techflex about 10 years ago.

I've pretty much completed the install, but I decided to switch amps about 3-4 times now so its been slow. I'll post some finished pics when I finally finish the cosmetic panels.

At this point, I hoping to make the iasca western regionals in late october :( ...the last comp this season :(
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

have you ever drug techflex across something sharp like a rough edge on a hole or an uneven edge? not much will happen other then it will glide across it as if it was nothing.
vin78
Vin Diesel

Post by vin78 »

Oh BTW, I've abandoned pretty much every install thread of this car on other forums.....including this one. Thats why no pics has been coming. I'll just take some completed pics and call it a day
Last edited by vin78 on Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:40 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Misfire

Post by Misfire »

So is the Honda done Vin???? Loved all your work on it!
jbondox

Post by jbondox »

vin78 wrote:
jbondox wrote:pretty cool installation, I like the sound deadening and the a-pillars. though I would of tek-flexed every wire in the cabin even though it is too late and I am not a huge fan of speaker box carpet... but that is just me.

great job!
Thanks

I'd rather use split tubing since it protects better....IMO techflex only bundles wires together, not much protection.
Besides, I stopped using techflex about 10 years ago.

I've pretty much completed the install, but I decided to switch amps about 3-4 times now so its been slow. I'll post some finished pics when I finally finish the cosmetic panels.

At this point, I hoping to make the iasca western regionals in late october :( ...the last comp this season :(

Not to beat a dead horse, but I have been meaning to do this since I read the response about tekflex. attached is a picture of a $500K vehicle with enough heat shields and tekflex to make the judge that said something sound like he ws talking out of his ass... which is typical...
Attachments
DSC02217.JPG
DSC02217.JPG (147.05 KiB) Viewed 8417 times
James Shields

[img]http://www.northolmstedperformance.com/images/Business_card_front.sized.jpg[/img]
smgreen20

Post by smgreen20 »

Ahhhhh!!! *whimpers like a dog*

SLR McLaren???????!!!!!!!

If it is try a little more like $675K for that car. It it's just the touring then maybe around $500K. I can't remember though, I thought that the Tourings were AMG as apposed to the SLR. ?????
"ZPA's will have the same sound essentially as you get from the MS, they just feature a bigger shinier set of balls."

Install:
http://phoenixphorum.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=16998
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

james, now really you are among friends so come clean. What the HELL do those germans know about makin a car :D ? You can tell us the truth :lol:

I would put an iasca judge infront of one of their funny talkin engineers any day to make that argument, as long as I was there to enjoy the show............

Fuck that wire looks sexy as shit. It is like fishnet stockings for wire! Just for kicks, can you throw some loom on a section so we can see a before an after. I know you will have to go to autozone to get some, but I think it would be worth making the point.

You could email the pic to the amg eng dept and tell them that it is now iasca ready! I could almost hear them cussin in german now.......
vin78
Vin Diesel

Post by vin78 »

Its sooooo odd that some of the judges I spoke to actually prefer split tubbing......I guess they prefer wires to be well protected. :wink:

I am so over techflex, so please bring this shit somewhere else....keep on suggesting this crap to your customers, not here on this thread.

I dont give a fuck about the value of your customer's cars.
jbondox

Post by jbondox »

smgreen20 wrote:Ahhhhh!!! *whimpers like a dog*

SLR McLaren???????!!!!!!!

If it is try a little more like $675K for that car. It it's just the touring then maybe around $500K. I can't remember though, I thought that the Tourings were AMG as apposed to the SLR. ?????
The one i took this picture of is SLR roadster convertible @ $514k they have the 722 @ $614k and the 722 GT at $1.2M

and the Germans, damn they build some great vehicles, not so much the BMW's as much as the Audi's and MB's

Also the SLR is a MB vehicle partnered with Mclaren as they know a little bit about racing, and the motor is built by AMG... you would think that all three of them combined would of known more than the IASCA judge... how sad ;) :D

LMAO all in good fun
Last edited by jbondox on Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
James Shields

jbondox

Post by jbondox »

vin78 wrote:Its sooooo odd that some of the judges I spoke to actually prefer split tubbing......I guess they prefer wires to be well protected. :wink:

I am so over techflex, so please bring this shit somewhere else....keep on suggesting this crap to your customers, not here on this thread.

a.) shows that there is no set standards for judging

b.) I don't suggest tekflex to a client, it is expected

c.) sounds like you are a bit pissy, whats up with that? bad day?
James Shields

vin78
Vin Diesel

Post by vin78 »

jbondox wrote:
vin78 wrote:Its sooooo odd that some of the judges I spoke to actually prefer split tubbing......I guess they prefer wires to be well protected. :wink:

You suggested techflex, I stated why I didnt like it and I'll never use it again. That should be it! But go and advertise ur work here? WTF? I know that you are very proud of your work (and you should be), but WTF does it have to do with my install after I stated that I dont care about techfex? I dont give a fuck about your work, are you just going around fishing for compliments? :clap: :clap: :clap: < there you happy now?

So yes, to your beating that dead horse...here and the old PG forum
Thumper88

Post by Thumper88 »

vin78 wrote:
jbondox wrote:

You suggested techflex, I stated why I didnt like it and I'll never use it again. That should be it! But go and advertise ur work here? WTF? I know that you are very proud of your work (and you should be), but WTF does it have to do with my install after I stated that I dont care about techfex? I dont give a fuck about your work, are you just going around fishing for compliments? :clap: :clap: :clap: < there you happy now?

So yes, to your beating that dead horse...here and the old PG forum
Might have missed it, but where did he advertise his work? I see a picture of a stock MB SLR McLaren engine bay...with techflex in it. I personally love techflex...use it all the time.
Nice install BTW.
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

wow...... Just curious what your bad experience with techflex was? It sounds as though you were either beaten with it or tied up with it as a child. James didn't insult you or your install, maybe just an iasca judge and made a recomendation for a product that he doesn't sell to try and help. His comments can come off blunt and to the point but that is the way he works.
jbondox

Post by jbondox »

wow... sounds like someone didn't get milk with their wheaties this morning...

do you honestly believe I need to toot my own horn? egads..... I am past that... like when I turned 8.

I must of made a pissy comment to you on the "new" or "old" forum somewhere along the line...

it is OK though, I will refrain from anymore post on any of your topics from here on out, but I will say... techflex is better! Image
James Shields

knightrider358

Post by knightrider358 »

Okaay okaay guys "Can't we all just get allong". I dont usually stick my 2 cents in guys but, we are all PG junkies. Thats what matters.....Right....Right....I hate seein people bicker over personal preferences on install methods. Vin and James yall are both great respectable installers in so many of the SAME ways and in so many DIFFERENT ways. Thats what makes people who they are. Well anyways cant we all just back to Vins great install work. I wish I could do as great work as Vin and James. Kudoo's to both of yall. Now back to our regular scheduled great install by the one and only Vin......Please take ur place and continue I wanna hear...well read and SEE MORE, MORE, Please!!!

PS. No Offense anyone...
Current 1 of 2 current installs

HU-Alpine IVA-D310
DSP-PXA-H701
Comps-JL ZR 650
Sub-3 JL 10w6v1ae's sealed
Highs amp-MS275
Mids amp-MS2125
Subs amp-MS2250TA