a couple of RSD installs *Added new PG Pics*

Have a cool car stereo? Post your install pictures here! No PG? No problem! Competition grade or sub-in-box setups: ALL are welcome!
jbondox

Post by jbondox »

and I wish i could show you a few others on Lebron's but we are not allowed to do that anymore unless Nike says we can
Last edited by jbondox on Sat Dec 26, 2009 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
James Shields
[email][email protected][/email]
[url]http://www.northolmstedperformance.com[/url]

[img]http://www.northolmstedperformance.com/images/Business_card_front.sized.jpg[/img]
Eric D
Short Bus Driver

Post by Eric D »

The points that Jim has made are totally valid, even though he may not be stating them in an "approved" way.

The speaker grills are not straight. I realize the middle one is offset of the others, but the one on the left looks a bit off to me. Getting speaker grills straight has nothing to do with budget, or quality of equipment, or even time. It is a matter of getting it straight the first time and then putting the screws in. Little details go a long way.

As for the rear door, I have no complaints on the mid or its location, but that tweeter is in a bad spot. It would be playing into the elbow of a passenger. And the radically different distance from the mid to ear vs the tweeter to ear is bound to make them sound far from good.

Other details like carpeting and placement of equipment look great. Getting carpet to look good is not all that easy. And if you can make carpet look good, you can make a speaker grill straight, so this comes back to the original point.

Overall the install looks nice, especially for a non-installer person. With attention to a few more details, there really would not be anything anyone could bitch about, aside from personal opinions (brand of equipment, carpet instead of something else, other opinions like that).
Got "schooled" by member shawn k on May 10th, 2011...
No longer really "in tune" with the audio industry, and probably have not been for some time.
Hands down the forum's most ignorant member...
Don't even know what Ohm's law is...
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Post by ttocs »

he didn't come out and call the install crap all he did was point out the stuff that was obviously wrong. I see nothing wrong with calling a spade a spade and would not post my pics with out someone finding either something wrong with the install, or maybe something stupid in the background. If you do not want to hear anything negative ever, then don't show it anyone. you had 12 people give ya an atta boy and then james rolls up in the benz with his german bro's and ruined yer day?
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

All that matters to me with an install is that someone puts their own sweat and blood into it. If you build your own install, even if it isn't done by the book, you're still FAR more deserving of it than people who pay to have someone else do the install in my opinion.

There is always room for improvement and education as well. Once upon a time I also installed as many tweeters and 3-way component sets as I could. It's only natural to take the "more is better" approach, because that's exactly what is marketed and pushed by most of the stereo companies! And for a long time that setup made me really happy, but after sticking around and learning from all the talented members on the old PG forum, I decided to try out some different approaches with my latest installs, and now I am happier than ever! And I still feel proud knowing I did it all myself.

This forum welcomes all stereo installs, good or bad.
mistawikid

Post by mistawikid »

ttocs wrote:you had 12 people give ya an atta boy and then james rolls up in the benz with his german bro's and ruined yer day?
I wasn't looking for a pat on the back or a kick in the nuts!! Just posting a couple of installs on a forum labeled installs for guys who like rocking Phoenix Gold.

Sticks and Stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me 8)
! its all fun and games until the Cops show up !
oldskoolmseriesfan
Sherlock Homey

Post by oldskoolmseriesfan »

were always looking for more pics, thanks mista :beer:

ps this thread is dead no more domestics :lol: lets carry on 8)
Phorum PI!
Square woofers are GAY!!
whitenoise

AIR SPACE FOR RDSC 12

Post by whitenoise »

WHAT IS THE AIR SPACE FOR RDSC 12
mistawikid

Post by mistawikid »

Man I have no idea, but if you post your question under Car Audio, you'll know that day! The phorum knows all!
gridracer
RIP

Re: AIR SPACE FOR RDSC 12

Post by gridracer »

whitenoise wrote:WHAT IS THE AIR SPACE FOR RDSC 12
Ported, sealed? btw instead of hijacking someones thread off topic make your wn thread in the proper forum heading. Also welcome to the phorums.
whitenoise

What is the smallest air rdsc 12

Post by whitenoise »

What is the smallest air space for a sealed box
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Re: What is the smallest air rdsc 12

Post by stipud »

whitenoise wrote:What is the smallest air space for a sealed box
1-1.25 cuft.
Irongoats

Post by Irongoats »

After reading more I didn't know mista was doing a show car. Looks great man love the work. :clap:
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life wrote a blank check Made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life'. That is Honor!
mistawikid

Post by mistawikid »

New pics of my latest PG project! Just FYI, the car came with a factory hole for a 3 inch speaker.... just a hole!!! Only the higher end factory systems actually had a speaker in it!!!

stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

That looks really nice! Do you find them harsh fired off the glass? For me, it took a lot of EQ taming to get my Ti Elite tweeters in the same location to not sound hissy.

I sure hope that doesn't attract any thieves...
Pug}{maN

Post by Pug}{maN »

mistawikid wrote:good ?! The battery in the magnum is in the back! Its actually directly below where the fuse is. Easiest hot wire I've EVER ran!!!!! You should of seen us trying to find it under the hood! lol

i had a 05 till the wife smashed it.. loved the battery in the back...

07 red dodge caliber DUB edition, 20" MSR 085 Chrome Rims, 245/35 R20 fusion tires, PHOENIX GOLD RSDC122 12" 1200w COMPETITION SUB, MB Quart DSC2150 Discus Series 2-Channel AMP 600W x 1 rms bridged at 4 Ohms, 4 GAUGE AMP INSTALLATION KIT
mistawikid

Post by mistawikid »

stipud wrote:That looks really nice! Do you find them harsh fired off the glass? For me, it took a lot of EQ taming to get my Ti Elite tweeters in the same location to not sound hissy.

I sure hope that doesn't attract any thieves...
Not Really... I wired them up to the front channel of the CD player and I got the highs flatlined off the deck because my other tweeters are screaming off a RSD 500.4.

!thieves! hush your mouth :shock:
E-N-D

Post by E-N-D »

Very tidy install!