350z Stealth Install

Have a cool car stereo? Post your install pictures here! No PG? No problem! Competition grade or sub-in-box setups: ALL are welcome!
davidc81

350z Stealth Install

Post by davidc81 »

i will begin my 350z install this weekend. i'm going for a completely stealth install where everything will be hidden in the glove boxes behind the seats. items going in will be:

Pioneer Avic-z100bt
Alpine MRP-F250
Alpine MRP-M450
Phoenix Gold Ti 6 Elite
Phoenix Gold 10" RSDC

a pretty basic system compared to some of you, but i'm pretty excited! it's been a while since i did a stereo install but i'm really looking forward to it. i will post pictures and more details as the install progresses.
pnn23

Post by pnn23 »

^ impressive to be stealth especially in such a small car. This will be interesting.
davidc81

Post by davidc81 »

all my stereo equipment is beginning to come in the mail. i started to run some wire in the car. did the 2g battery ground with my pg tmc 901 terminal. i was going to use my tmc 902 positive terminal but it might be easier for me to reuse the existing battery terminal and use an in line fuse holder.

i was thinking about ordering some accessory modules for the z110bt. anyone here listen to hd radio and do you think it's worth the money? i wanted to get the msn direct box for traffic updates and stock quotes but they're canceling that service in 2012. not sure if it's worth the money to buy that box and subscribe to the service for only 2 years. any thoughts?
12voltjunky

Post by 12voltjunky »

will you put that blowup doll in the Buy/Sell?
wait, that's nasty! :doh:
1- Zx 400 Ti
1- Ti 600.2
1- Ti 500.4 (resurrected by valeks1)
2- Ti 500.4
2- Ti 1000.2
2-Ti RMD, Lpl, PG 1/0 Ga
Ti 6.5 comps, Ti 5x7 coaxials
davidc81

Post by davidc81 »

i got my rsdc sub in the mail today. the box said it's the dual 4 ohm version. does it say anywhere on the actual sub which version it is?
Bfowler
Briaans..... BRIAAAAANNNNNNS

Post by Bfowler »

it will be stamped on the back of the magnet
my ex-girlfriend said "its car audio or me"
i've had tougher choices at a soda machine...
davidc81

Post by davidc81 »

i got my fiberglass box and pg zwf500 inline fuse holder in the mail today. i also ordered some nice ring terminals and fuses today. everything is coming along pretty nicely.

i installed the z110 about a week ago and i'm pretty happy with it so far. i really like the bluetooth functionality; as soon as i turn it on, it recognizes my iphone and automatically pairs. there's a lot of features so i'm trying to learn how to use it. i got a good deal on an msn direct tuner so that and an ipod cable are waiting to go in. i was thinking about getting hd radio but i'm not sure if its worth the money for the tuner. if anyone has it, let me know if you like it. the only problem i've had is trying to bypass the unit. you're supposed to move a pin over on the harness but i destroyed the pin before i was able to remove it. i need to find a replacement pin and wire so i can bypass it. i heard that a lot of car alarm installers remove those pins so i'll check around some local shops to see if i can find one.

here's a teaser pic for you... i'll post some proper pics soon.
Attachments
rsdcbox.jpg
rsdcbox.jpg (102.69 KiB) Viewed 9384 times
Misfire

Post by Misfire »

Those are some nice looking subs! Looking forward to the pictures!
MS275, MS2250ta, MS2125TA, Bandit, M44, ZX200, EQ215, EQ230, TX2, PDL1, TBAT Trans+Recvr w/cable
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Post by ttocs »

installers are generally horrible pack-rats and while they like to keep the extra parts from an install I have never seen anyone collect those pins. We are just super carefull when moving them to keep from loosing
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
Bfowler
Briaans..... BRIAAAAANNNNNNS

Post by Bfowler »

check with any computer nerd frinds you have, you can use those old cd rom audio cables i think
my ex-girlfriend said "its car audio or me"
i've had tougher choices at a soda machine...
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

I think I have seen them in the hack shack.
oldskoolmseriesfan
Sherlock Homey

Post by oldskoolmseriesfan »

Bfowler wrote:check with any computer nerd frinds you have, you can use those old cd rom audio cables i think
Pageing Ryan and Tom, please report to this thread,Ryan and Tom please!! :P :lol:
Phorum PI!
Square woofers are GAY!!
fuzzysnuggleduck
Soy Milquetoast

Post by fuzzysnuggleduck »

There's at least a couple CD-ROM audio cables lying around my office somewhere...
SOLD: '91 PG 4Runner
davidc81

Post by davidc81 »

the pin i need is about 2.5" long and fits in this harness. can anyone help?
Attachments
bypass-z110bt.jpg
bypass-z110bt.jpg (82.09 KiB) Viewed 9315 times
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

you understand all you need to do is move the pin and wire over right? Look on the other side of the hrns and you will see how the pins are clipped into the hrns. Release the plastic clip and then pull the wire and pin out and just slide it into the other hole where it will lock in place.
davidc81

Post by davidc81 »

ttocs wrote:you understand all you need to do is move the pin and wire over right? Look on the other side of the hrns and you will see how the pins are clipped into the hrns. Release the plastic clip and then pull the wire and pin out and just slide it into the other hole where it will lock in place.
i destroyed the wire while trying to move it :(
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

ah gotcha! I thought you were talking about something different. I have never seen any installers keep these in their toolbox. Are there any other wires you are not using that you could switch the wire over?
davidc81

Post by davidc81 »

i was working on the install tonight so i thought i would give you guys a quick update. i removed the trim panels behind the seats and the old bose (blose!) sub. i mounted the rsdc to the box and then bolted the box into the stock bose location (driver side glove box).

check out how puny the bose sub is! the amp for it is the same size as two decks of cards.

things that still need to be done:

run power wire and install inline fuse holder
fab a new amp rack
mount xover, amps, and distro blocks onto said amp rack.

i'll probably do the doors in a second phase as right now my main priority is getting the sub running.

i have door pods that need to be installed and i need to run speaker wire into the doors. i'll be using knukonceptz 12g biamp wire so i'm sure it'll be a huge PITA to get through the door loom.
Attachments
IMG_0379.jpg
IMG_0379.jpg (46.53 KiB) Viewed 9211 times
IMG_0380.jpg
IMG_0380.jpg (43.66 KiB) Viewed 9211 times
IMG_0381.jpg
IMG_0381.jpg (36.79 KiB) Viewed 9211 times
waynehead
No, you're a towel.

Post by waynehead »

whwh wha what the fuck is that? :hmm: doesnt look like any speaker I ever seen. lol. You gotta love bose, they take the worst ideas and materials and R&D until they get something that produces a "marketable" sound.
We don't need no stinkin' bass boost!
davidc81

Post by davidc81 »

finished at 4am last night
Attachments
IMG_8213.jpg
IMG_8213.jpg (92.57 KiB) Viewed 9168 times
IMG_8214.jpg
IMG_8214.jpg (85.17 KiB) Viewed 9168 times
IMG_8217.jpg
IMG_8217.jpg (35.79 KiB) Viewed 9168 times
IMG_8219.jpg