Memorial Day Weekend Build Ti 2500.1 pushing 8 R210D

Have a cool car stereo? Post your install pictures here! No PG? No problem! Competition grade or sub-in-box setups: ALL are welcome!
dvnt88

Post by dvnt88 »

AAMP217 wrote:
ttocs wrote:I personally never post anything on the net to show what I am doing with out expecting some constructive critisism. It can be annoying, but it can also make your install better.......
Nobody is afaird of constructive critism, not even Nick the salesman at AAMP that owns the car and did the install, however I think constructive critism should be defined and opinions of what to do better should be better. I don't think statements like "not my cup of tea" are constructive at all. Please gentlemen everyone at AAMP wants your input, hell you're the offical PG forum. So please make the critisim constructive and not destructive. Nothing but love from this side of the computer.

-Zak
x2, I am in no way a professional installer and have always been intimidated doing my own installs for fear of screwing something up, but to each his own and can't wait to see what will be coming out of AAMP (PG) next. Holdin' off on the TI12's as I saw a comment on the Phorum about other "High End" stuff comin' down the pipe. :D
Audison Bit Ten
Hertz HSK163's (x2)
Hertz HX250 subs (x2)
Hertz HDP1
Hertz HDP4
PG Tantrum BassCUBE
XS Power D4900
Misc. PG Install Goodies

"Old-Skool TI-Whore"
Stryker

Post by Stryker »

keep the posts coming on this. I'm certainly interested in how these stack up against the RSdC's.
Is there going to be a Ti15d2 this fall? I'm down with that fo sure.
hell if i had box making skills like you i wouldn't have to hide my box behind a seat.
screw car audio, I'd rather go fast....errr, wait a minute.
jbob0124

Post by jbob0124 »

Sorry if I criticized or offended you Zak, I had no intentions of doing so. I was simply wondering about the JL side of a PG salesman...

Anyway, Just seeing this thread has made me want to sell my new RSDc 12's (which are still in the mail) for a pair of the new Ti 12's and get rid of my ZPA's for the Ti Amps.
eulogious
"Loogie"

Post by eulogious »

Dood!!! This is sick! 8 10's off 1 amp :shock: awesome, just plain awesome! I would love to hear all the details on the setup you got bigsak! Regardless of the brand, you cant argue with talent, and you seem to have just a little bit :), so I would love to see the specs and to see some more pics!

Keep up the good work man!!
KDC x869
MB Quart RVF-216 6.5
SLD44
white zx450v2
white zx500
white BassCUBE
RSdC124
ZP Fuse Distro
AAMP217

Post by AAMP217 »

jbob0124 wrote:Sorry if I criticized or offended you Zak, I had no intentions of doing so. I was simply wondering about the JL side of a PG salesman...

Anyway, Just seeing this thread has made me want to sell my new RSDc 12's (which are still in the mail) for a pair of the new Ti 12's and get rid of my ZPA's for the Ti Amps.
I am in now way offended and I appreciate the up front thank you about it. I am here for support and because I still have a passion for car audio and Phoenix Gold (it was the first amp I ever owned). I just to make sure the criticism is just that, constructive and bouncing ideas off one another is an incredible to learn new techniques as time progresses. I am game for whatever I can help with (and no I can't make sure you get THE ONE Serial number 00000000000000000000000001 but I can help with other PG & AAMP related without a problem. I dig this forum the most try hanging out on the 12vinsider and see how jaded the 12 volt scene is (from the inside out). You guys are a breath of fresh air!
Rold Gold
Dirty Harry

Post by Rold Gold »

I can't says I remember reading it anywhere but how much current does the 2500 draw at full tilt?
Those tender little burgers with them little, itty-bitty grilled onions that just explode in ya mouth like flavor crystals every time you bite into one.. just makes me want to burn this muthafuka down.... Come on, Pookie, let's burn this muthafuka down!!!
AAMP217

Post by AAMP217 »

FuzzyHoNutz wrote:I can't says I remember reading it anywhere but how much current does the 2500 draw at full tilt?

White papers are here Ti2500.1 White Papers

If it is not in there I can find out tomorrow.
thedeal7235

Post by thedeal7235 »

Zak, YOU MUST KEEP posting the install- if i offended u, dont think i did, imsorry,just i deal alot with young, close minded JL enthusiasts- IM BEGGING to come to clearwater, id luv for u guys to see/hear my install, i luv criticism& with the right tools could make KILLER installs- btw, and ive expressed this to Morgan a couple of times, im happy to come from orl. to clearwater any time u guys give me the green light! btw, if u need any termite work lmk, thats my trade, as swarms are out of control here right now, not sure about clearwater?- christian aka thedeal7235
as she walked out the door she expressed, 'enjoy your amp addiction'
Rold Gold
Dirty Harry

Post by Rold Gold »

Thanks Zak.

I have to say that I likes the strap feature as we'll be seeing these in SPL comps running monster woofers before too long.....

Another question-
What is your 2500 producing? PG has a history of making more than rated power.... I have an X600.1 pushing 850w.... Is your 2500 more like 3000@1ohm or is it true to the 2500?
Those tender little burgers with them little, itty-bitty grilled onions that just explode in ya mouth like flavor crystals every time you bite into one.. just makes me want to burn this muthafuka down.... Come on, Pookie, let's burn this muthafuka down!!!
bigsak

Post by bigsak »

Ok guys the 200lb gorilla is now in the back of my Xploder and needless to say I'm ridding a little lower than before, or how you rappers like to say riding dirty :)

Anyway this is the stage where i wanted to get some feedback from you guys as to what I should do next as far as trim panels and amp placement. I know the box looks huge and it is but it is barley an inch over my back seat so I can still see out of my back window witch is nice. A couple thoughts I had would be to mount the amps verticle one on either side of the opening of the box. I'm not sure weither I'm going to build a striaght flush panel all the way across or do some sort of fiberglass mold to the edge of the back to give it a tub look. My other idea is to flip the entire enclosure around raise it up and wall off the truck. I would not be able to see out of my back window witch is a concern sense it is my daily driver, but looking in my rearview mirror and seeing what looks like 16 10's because of the mirror plexi is pretty damn sweet. Ill leave it up to you guys if you have any pics of trim panels or glass work you have seen or done that might look good with this application post it. Any and all feedback is welcome but now its up to you guys as to how the final install will look. :hurr:

I will take more pics this weekend of the entire system from front to back so you guys can see everything. Including my Focal door speakers witch apparently I'm not going to hear the end of. :D
Attachments
IMG00039-20100602-0746.jpg
IMG00039-20100602-0746.jpg (45.16 KiB) Viewed 11109 times
Nick Sakkis
AAMP OF AMERICA
800-477-2267 ext.272
ALPINE IVA-W505
ALPINE PXA-H701
FOCAL 165K2P (front)
FOCAL 165K2P (rear)
8 10 R210D
TI 2500.1
TI 800.4
Rold Gold
Dirty Harry

Post by Rold Gold »

............ :hmm:
I vote for a sleek look. Leave the box where it is... Hide the amps between the seat / box vertically...OR... If yer feeling jiggy, raise the box enough to build a slideout drawer to house the amps...
AAMP217

Post by AAMP217 »

FuzzyHoNutz wrote:Thanks Zak.

I have to say that I likes the strap feature as we'll be seeing these in SPL comps running monster woofers before too long.....

Another question-
What is your 2500 producing? PG has a history of making more than rated power.... I have an X600.1 pushing 850w.... Is your 2500 more like 3000@1ohm or is it true to the 2500?
Because comp rules have changed so drastically since old PG (pre-Rodin) and AAMP PG (I don't consider Rodin PG a phase, they didn't have a clue). The Ti2500.1 will do 2500rms at 1 ohm. There is some inconsistant info between the web and the white paper saying the amp is under-rated but the Ti amps are the real deal but no "cheater style" amps in the works. The application has mainly been lost execpt for novelty.
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Post by ttocs »

I wouldn't mount my amp to a box that will be vibraing/flexing as much as that one might. I would be afraid of rattling the componants off the boards but then I can't just walk out back from work and swap them out either.
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
AAMP217

Post by AAMP217 »

ttocs wrote:I wouldn't mount my amp to a box that will be vibraing/flexing as much as that one might.
Of course I preface by saying "not my install" but the back of the box is an inch and a half thick, if the amp is vibrating he would have to be more worried about the box expolding in the car and killing him than the amp rattling to pieces. just my $.02

p.s. the guy who is building and owns the car is Nick and the person making this post is Zak, I think there is some confusion in there somewhere!
Kevin Siegel

Nick 8 R series 10" woofers

Post by Kevin Siegel »

I got to sit in Nicks car and hear this beast. It is so loud I just about pooped my pants. Nick the install is sweat and super loud. VERY IMPRESSIVE!

CAN YOU COME OVER TONIGHT TO HELP ME FINISH MY INSTALL!
K-
jbob0124

Post by jbob0124 »

Some plexi, floating amp rack and a PG logo...

Probably a little late now, but a plexi window in the back showing the subs from the side.

What kind of accessories are going in it?
Misfire

Post by Misfire »

You could create two extensions off each side, rubber mounted to reduce vibration, to each sub box that would let you install amps on one side, and install gear on the other, thru plexi??. Or visa-versa. That way you would have extra space to add gear in the future. And I hear Focal mids and highs are Pretty Sweet! Though I will run my old school MB Quart mids and high, until I win the lottery and can afford the Ti Elites. Nice build and please keep the pics coming!
MS275, MS2250ta, MS2125TA, Bandit, M44, ZX200, EQ215, EQ230, TX2, PDL1, TBAT Trans+Recvr w/cable
KHPower
Location: In the Phoenix Phorum's boiler room , east of the janitors closet

Post by KHPower »

So what are are ya hitting on the meters? id keep this thing wall less . Hell hit up some comps and actually kick some ass. Show folks what PG has. There plenty of AudioQ amps your gonna be blastin against but im sure youll do awesome

As for amps vibrating to peaces that usually isnt the case , the worst thing ive seen in my repairs to amps is the heavier rcas actually vibrating and then the inputs pulling from the circuit board.

Mount them on that box so the PG amps are showing Horizontally i think that would look awesome!

I cant see but did you sand off the edges to the port?

KHPower
[color=#8040BF]Kenwood 993
Team Sundown:4500D
(2) Digital Designs 9500's
6 Cubes tuning 3 HZ
Team Kinetik: HC3800 ,(2),1200s (2) 600's
Factory Authorized Kinetik ,Sundown,MB Quart Dealer[/color]
twisted
Fordtough's Boyfriend

Post by twisted »

bigsak wrote: I know the box looks huge and it is but it is barley an inch over my back seat so I can still see out of my back window witch is nice. A couple thoughts I had would be to mount the amps verticle one on either side of the opening of the box. I'm not sure weither I'm going to build a striaght flush panel all the way
My other idea is to flip the entire enclosure around raise it up and wall off the truck. I would not be able to see out of my back window witch is a concern sense it is my daily driver, but looking in my rearview mirror and seeing what looks like 16 10's because of the mirror plexi is pretty damn sweet.
aaaawwww hell seein out yer back window is waaaaayyyyyy over rated!

wall that bitch.......its a much better view than the redneck in the dodge behind ya anyways :lol:
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Post by ttocs »

semi trucks don't hava a rear view, why do you need one?

I would be curious to see if moving the enclosure so they are not facing eachother would result in less cancellations and more spl?
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
Bfowler
Briaans..... BRIAAAAANNNNNNS

Post by Bfowler »

ttocs wrote:semi trucks don't hava a rear view, why do you need one?

I would be curious to see if moving the enclosure so they are not facing eachother would result in less cancellations and more spl?
i agree, even if you angled out the enclosures just a few degrees i would think it would help.

are they bolted down already or can you play with that?
my ex-girlfriend said "its car audio or me"
i've had tougher choices at a soda machine...
jbob0124

Post by jbob0124 »

twisted wrote:wall that bitch.......its a much better view than the redneck in the dodge behind ya anyways :lol:

<owns a dodge

<not a redneck

:mrgreen:
thedeal7235

Post by thedeal7235 »

ok zak, my bad, its niks and ur posting it- i luv the '' it was soo loud i about poped my pants'' or '' itll kill him''- im gonna plan on going to see the dealer north of tampa this weekend or the next,1500.1:)
as she walked out the door she expressed, 'enjoy your amp addiction'
denim

Post by denim »

jbob0124 wrote:So that's like the Miller Lite salesman with a fridge full of Bud?
"There's Bud Light in the Fridge made of Bud Light".

AAMP217

Post by AAMP217 »

denim wrote: "There's Bud Light in the Fridge made of Bud Light".

That commerical is awesome!