And it begins....and what a beginning!!!

Have a cool car stereo? Post your install pictures here! No PG? No problem! Competition grade or sub-in-box setups: ALL are welcome!
jbob0124

Post by jbob0124 »

onecrazy95civic wrote:
audiophyle_247 wrote:I have to laugh every time I read something like that. I am about to finish my Architecture degree program, and one of the biggest things instructors hate is symmetry. A monkey can make something symmetrical, it takes actual talent to create something asymmetrical & appealing to the eyes. & when done right people wont even notice its asymmetrical. Just food for thought, take it as you will.

The layout looks pretty smooth, and I see you have a sort of tier system going on. Power source at the base, Amps in the middle, and sound at the top. I think that is part of why the dd10 looks out of place up top, it is away from everything it relates to. I think it should be moved down toward the lower levels. Perhaps run the powercore & DD10 down on the sides where the distros are, move the crossovers to where the screens are, and work out a real trick display of the distros in the center where the powercore is now to set it off as the heart of the system. Screens are small & stupid easy to tuck away, hide them until you want to show them off. You'll never use them anyway, so no real point in wasting prime real estate on them when the ti Xovers are so much sexier to look at.
I’ll agree with you when we talk about building, etc...That asymmetry has its place and will agree with you when it comes to Ti DD10 and is present location that it looks out of place and doesn’t flow. But when it comes to car audio I’ll disagree. Personally for me, symmetry is important; it has to flow, look well place and appealing to the eye. That’s why the Ti DD10 will be relocated, not sure where yet, still working on a few ideas. Hopefully I’ll have that one figure out soon. As for the screens, I love them that is why I’ll have 22 inch screen motorized out of the trunk!!! Anyway, got to back to drawing board with the Ti DD10, flick poo and eat a banana!!! :wink: :hurr:

Im with you on all of it up until the flick poo and eating a banana. Its all a matter of personal preference. Im one for things that are symmetrical, but that is just my taste.
onecrazy95civic

Post by onecrazy95civic »

jbob0124 wrote:
onecrazy95civic wrote:
audiophyle_247 wrote:I have to laugh every time I read something like that. I am about to finish my Architecture degree program, and one of the biggest things instructors hate is symmetry. A monkey can make something symmetrical, it takes actual talent to create something asymmetrical & appealing to the eyes. & when done right people wont even notice its asymmetrical. Just food for thought, take it as you will.

The layout looks pretty smooth, and I see you have a sort of tier system going on. Power source at the base, Amps in the middle, and sound at the top. I think that is part of why the dd10 looks out of place up top, it is away from everything it relates to. I think it should be moved down toward the lower levels. Perhaps run the powercore & DD10 down on the sides where the distros are, move the crossovers to where the screens are, and work out a real trick display of the distros in the center where the powercore is now to set it off as the heart of the system. Screens are small & stupid easy to tuck away, hide them until you want to show them off. You'll never use them anyway, so no real point in wasting prime real estate on them when the ti Xovers are so much sexier to look at.
I’ll agree with you when we talk about building, etc...That asymmetry has its place and will agree with you when it comes to Ti DD10 and is present location that it looks out of place and doesn’t flow. But when it comes to car audio I’ll disagree. Personally for me, symmetry is important; it has to flow, look well place and appealing to the eye. That’s why the Ti DD10 will be relocated, not sure where yet, still working on a few ideas. Hopefully I’ll have that one figure out soon. As for the screens, I love them that is why I’ll have 22 inch screen motorized out of the trunk!!! Anyway, got to back to drawing board with the Ti DD10, flick poo and eat a banana!!! :wink: :hurr:

Im with you on all of it up until the flick poo and eating a banana. Its all a matter of personal preference. Im one for things that are symmetrical, but that is just my taste.
The "flick poo and eating a banana" line was my joking way to response to "A monkey can make something symmetrical, it takes actual talent to create something asymmetrical & appealing to the eyes."
PHOENIX GOLD
1.Reactor x3 #109, #407 & #496
2.Ti EQ30 x2
3.TiBasscube
4.TiDD10
5.TiPowercore 20
6.TLD66
7.Ti15 DVC x2
8.Ti5 Elite x4
9.Ti9 Elite
10.R-Link boxes x6 w/digital guages x12
11. Ti Distribution blocks (Power x4 & Ground x1)
ALPINE
1.TME-M750a x5
2.TMX-R1000 x3
OTHERS
1. IPAD 2
2. 32" LED Screen
3. PS3
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

People who hate symmetry would hate the world trade center. Ergo, all architecture instructors are terrists. Q.E.D. :P
Bfowler
Briaans..... BRIAAAAANNNNNNS

Post by Bfowler »

i dunno...dont see many asymmetrical cars...
my ex-girlfriend said "its car audio or me"
i've had tougher choices at a soda machine...
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

Bfowler wrote:i dunno...dont see many asymmetrical cars...
Nissan Cube ;)

Of course that car also has a pillar there, it's just hidden on one side of the exterior so it can look cool. The car must have been designed by an architect, and then brought back down to reality by a banana eating, poo flinging engineer. :lol:
Bfowler
Briaans..... BRIAAAAANNNNNNS

Post by Bfowler »

lol....i know you didnt just try and use a nissan cube as the argument that asymmetry is pleasing to the eye! at least use the bmw x coupe!

another note, people with symmetrical attributes are picked to be more beautiful then non symmetrical people when given a choice
my ex-girlfriend said "its car audio or me"
i've had tougher choices at a soda machine...
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Post by ttocs »

oh THAT is what makes the cube look so freak'n kewl....... :roll:

Here I thought it was the symetry similar to the art building that made me want to gag like it does to me. :doh:
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
str3atwarrior

Post by str3atwarrior »

Come on guys, you don't really find the cube nice heh? Each time i see one it just seems... i dunno... weird and ugly...
He appreciates your support but he aint beggin for it
shawn k

Post by shawn k »

damn you's a sexy bitch
a sexy bitch

8)
AKA "THE HATER"
mhyde71
Dr. Jekyll

Post by mhyde71 »

and yeah- i heard the PC15 was/is the safest of all the caps.

I thought/heard that it was the power grid that was the fire bug,
and the PC20 as well, but not as much as the powergrid.
PAST WORK/S HERE::
https://www.facebook.com/KhameleonKoatings/photos_albums
audiophyle_247

Post by audiophyle_247 »

Damn you people are like children.

Function is a priority over form, and on a car where lateral balance is important for handling, symmetry is important. It also keeps engineering costs down as only one side of the vehicle really needs to be designed.

The Nissan cube is very disproportionate & ugly, but what about Mazda's RX8? It has a back door on the drivers side only, creating a very asymmetrical structural framing & still retains good weight distribution. Old Minivans & all conversion & cargo vans have a side entry door only on the pass side, also asymmetrical. Astro Vans, HUGE in the SPL world, have the same asymmetrical entrance. Just to name a few.

& I am not here to argue what is right or wrong and symmetry is bad, blah blah blah. It is a fact that human nature tends toward symmetry (also as bfowler brought attention to, but what I AM saying is ANYONE can design something symmetrical. Mix it up a little bit, try something a little different.
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Post by ttocs »

us children are not the ones that seem to be gettin all riled up..
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
onecrazy95civic

Post by onecrazy95civic »

Alright boys...we are getting off track with the symmetry and asymmetry subject.
PHOENIX GOLD
1.Reactor x3 #109, #407 & #496
2.Ti EQ30 x2
3.TiBasscube
4.TiDD10
5.TiPowercore 20
6.TLD66
7.Ti15 DVC x2
8.Ti5 Elite x4
9.Ti9 Elite
10.R-Link boxes x6 w/digital guages x12
11. Ti Distribution blocks (Power x4 & Ground x1)
ALPINE
1.TME-M750a x5
2.TMX-R1000 x3
OTHERS
1. IPAD 2
2. 32" LED Screen
3. PS3