install I helped with years ago

Have a cool car stereo? Post your install pictures here! No PG? No problem! Competition grade or sub-in-box setups: ALL are welcome!
gridracer
RIP

install I helped with years ago

Post by gridracer »

This install I did along with the guy I worked for back in 1998. He did most of it I just helped fit things and put it together with him. This car took 2nd place in Calgary at the 1998 Phoenix Gold slamjam. It is a suzuki swift with 8 JL audio 12W0's and up front it had the Boston Acoustics 6.43 3 way components or whatever it was called plus an extra set of tweeters. It had a EQ 215 in the headliner and 3 ZX series amps in the back of the car. The headliner was a piece of 3/4 MDF cut to match the curve of the front windsheil and there about 1/4 bundle of fiberglass pink insulation between it and the roof. Sorry for the crappy pics but its all I could find of the car no digital cameras back then.. First pic is what the car looked like before it came to the shop.

With this install we were still able to remove the bottom floor in the hatch to get at the factory spare tire and jack. There was little storage compartments on each side of the capacitor bank to keep cleaning supplies and anything else needed for shows. This car was later sold and unfortunately the new owner ripped it all out and put the car back to completely stock.I bought the Yellow top out of it in 1999 for $45 and it worked great until last fall. All other equipment was sold.

This is one of the last installs I worked on before I got sick and stopped working. I have a huge install planned for my Jimmy hopefully get started on it very soon. Hint it will have at least 4 M100 amps possibly 6 and 6 XS 12's 2 XS8's and a set of XS130cs
Last edited by gridracer on Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
Check my buyer/seller ratings http://phoenixphorum.com/gridracer-vt4548.html

I have more PG stuff than one guy ever needs.
gridracer
RIP

Post by gridracer »

I guess no comments are better than hateful comments :)

kg1961
Got wood?

Post by kg1961 »

I love it!!!! to bad i missed it in calgary

great work
most of my gear is gone :liar:
2020 honda accord sport
yeddy

Post by yeddy »

Awesome install! That setup looks like it could be off some old PG add from '98ish, nice matching of the PG colours of that era too. Nothing says oldschool like vintage photograph scanned images!! :thumleft: Thanx now I feel old, too bad the poloroid had to be retired. Now that was technology!
gridracer
RIP

Post by gridracer »

This is 1 install where the yellow ZX amps available only in Canada might have looked good.

JK

Post by JK »

looks like good work. clean and sweet... you must have plans to out do it with the jimmy. good luck!
gridracer
RIP

Post by gridracer »

Yeah the jimmy I hope will turn out well I know it will be louder thats for sure but getting the vinyl wrapping done right will be the hard part. I haven't done it for a long time.

BadassbigG

Re: install I helped with years ago

Post by BadassbigG »

This was my car, but unfortunately all my pics are lost. Can someone help me get them. The links to pic do not work.
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Re: install I helped with years ago

Post by ttocs »

gridracer passed away a few years back so accessing it through his account is probably not possible.
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.