2006 Dodge 2500 Quad cab Install

Have a cool car stereo? Post your install pictures here! No PG? No problem! Competition grade or sub-in-box setups: ALL are welcome!
crtlv

2006 Dodge 2500 Quad cab Install

Post by crtlv »

Heres another install i just pushed out of the bay

Its a 2006 dodge 2500 quad cab.
the customer wanted a budget build and i made sure it went Phoenix all the way

Up front a set of r series 6x9s went in the front doors
In the rear doors a set of R series 5.25s were installed

For sub we went with a set of TI 10d's In a prefab underseat box

Amps we went all Small block
S Series 1000.1 for sub
S series 400.4 for mids..
All of this is run off a pioneer Dehp 6200 BT headunit ..

All installed using Stinger wire and HPM interconnects

Honestly for the price point the customer was super impressed and thats what counts!!
Enjoy

oldschoolfan

Post by oldschoolfan »

No way! New stuff! Cool.
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

Wow that's suuuper stealthy. Nice ones!
Bfowler
Briaans..... BRIAAAAANNNNNNS

Post by Bfowler »

i like it!

my only complaint isnt even the install...but that wood grain looks super tacky! they should paint it!

any pics of the subs with the seats down? did you have to modify them in any way? or did the box just slide in? any pics of the box build?
my ex-girlfriend said "its car audio or me"
i've had tougher choices at a soda machine...
gridracer
RIP

Post by gridracer »

That dash is fugly it looks like someone almost put a screw or the drill bit through a sub surround on the last pic. I can`t see how the seats can go down and not be sitting on the surounds.
Check my buyer/seller ratings http://phoenixphorum.com/gridracer-vt4548.html

I have more PG stuff than one guy ever needs.
crtlv

Post by crtlv »

gridracer wrote:That dash is fugly it looks like someone almost put a screw or the drill bit through a sub surround on the last pic. I can`t see how the seats can go down and not be sitting on the surounds.
yeah i agree the dash is tacky but it came stock and the customer didnt want to change the woodgrain.No screw or bit went thru the sub its dirt from handling it and fingerprints since i use latex gloves and it was only 110 in the shade that day.
The seats actually go down just fine and dont hit the surrounds at all.The prefab boxes i use leave about 2 inches between the seat and the sub and the bottom of the seats on these trucks are actutally very hollow..
crtlv

Post by crtlv »

Bfowler wrote:i like it!

my only complaint isnt even the install...but that wood grain looks super tacky! they should paint it!

any pics of the subs with the seats down? did you have to modify them in any way? or did the box just slide in? any pics of the box build?
only mod needed to make the box fit perfect is that you have to cut out the factory carpeting inside the well.They use a super thick pad and its about 3 inches thick.
That prevents the box from stitting flush in the well and the subs hit the bottom of the seats..
Its a prefab box that you can get online or at your local Wholesaler and ive used them before..Only complaint the customer had on the whole thing was there is too much bass.

Seems that ive been getting that alot with all the new Phoenix gold product and its a good complaint ..
oldschoolfan

Post by oldschoolfan »

Too much bass? What does that mean?
Bfowler
Briaans..... BRIAAAAANNNNNNS

Post by Bfowler »

means they need a lpl :)
my ex-girlfriend said "its car audio or me"
i've had tougher choices at a soda machine...
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Post by ttocs »

oldschoolfan wrote:Too much bass? What does that mean?
= too old
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
NewOldStock

Post by NewOldStock »

is that a big gap around the outside edge of that 5.25" speaker?

normally I would recommend not using the rear speakers at all, rear fill only confuses the sound and pulls the stage off the windshield, effectively ruining the SQ of the install... but if your going to use rear speakers, you definitely are going to need to build/buy an adapter plate to make them fit well and seal up to that door, otherwise your going to get horrible cancellation and all your really going to hear from that speaker is the tweeter, which will make it sound harsh and unforgiving, especially to those sitting in the rear seat, all they get is subs and highs, no mids...
MX2 Crossover
Sapphire 1.5x - Sold
Roadster66 #11 - Sold
(2) RSdC 102 10" Subwoofers - Sold