Myself & my 95 Civic. PG ZX, ZPA & more

Have a cool car stereo? Post your install pictures here! No PG? No problem! Competition grade or sub-in-box setups: ALL are welcome!
Jerome

Myself & my 95 Civic. PG ZX, ZPA & more

Post by Jerome »

Hello,
First of all a small presentation of mine. My name's Jerome, i'm 25 years old, and come from east of France, near germany. I'm actually in PA audio & lighting (using lots of D&B audiotechnik, Adamson and L acoustics gear), but i started years ago in car audio wirh friends cars. I've already seen lots of nicegear, and that's why, in 2003, i made my first own install. I haven't fotos of it snce a hdd crash, but it was a "easy" high level output install in a 89 VW Golf, made out an Alpine 9812rb HU, a Focal 165K2P front comp running through a PG ZX450 (yes yes my first PG stuff), and in the back a 18" Jet from Oxygen drived by the Soundstream Tarantula monoblock.

I was a bit "retired" since 2005, but i wanted to put everything back in my actual 95 Civic. But first a sold my Alpine HU for an Eclipse 8445, the big 18" for 2 12" from PG audio (no it is not phoenix gold, but pro german audio). in a first time i let the amps in my room, and i put some sh***y stuff : shark coax ($20 new), on a small magnat amp, and a small branson class d amp on the subs. was awful. second stage is what i have now, and for short time since i will rebuild everything in a few weeks. I remade doors panels to fit the Focal 165K2P in, and thrown the magnat away for the good old ZX450 bridged.

Next step is on his way, and will be :
Eclipse 8445 HU

Alto Mobile UCS Pro processor 6x out
2x PG ZX450
PG ZPA 0.5
Audiocontrol Overdrive
Caliber CQX3
Focal 165 KRX3 3 way comp (woofers on a bridged ZX450, active filtering, and modded cross over for biamping meds and tweeters on the second ZX450)
1x PG Audio SPL Line 12" 2x2ohm on the ZPA.
Zaelum ZSB2400 Battery (= Northstar nsb75)

First i will replace all caps in amps. Pictures will come very soon, as soon as i will start working on it.
My biggest "problem" right now is that my ZPA in in mint condition, and black, one of the ZX is in good condition and white, and the second was resprayed (and not well) grey, and the plexi's are missing. I think i will respray all 3 in the same colour, or only the both ZX in black? I don't really know right now.

And btw, if any of yours have interest on it i will sell my tarantula monoblock, the 2 branson x400 400w class d, the small magnat amp, another 4ch magnat amp, the crossovers and tweeter from my Focal K2P kit. but i don't think it is really interesting to ship this overseas...
marko

Post by marko »

loving the ucs pro, it's a stunning piece of kit, there's still nothing to touch it as far as features is concearned :shock:
Ti1 headunit (unique)
Outlaw in crate.
2x original shrouded ms2250's.
Route 66 in box + custom m100 to match.
Roadster 66 in flight case
Octane LE in box.
Reactor #186 in flight case.
Reactor EQ232
Ti400.2 AL
AX204A + EQ232 + ZPX2 + TBA set
ZCS6 component set
Tantrum+Titanium bass cubes
Ti12d Elite sub
DD5 + DD10 + 6 Ti blocks!
Jerome

Post by Jerome »

some pictures off a part of the setup :

Audiocontrol overdrive :

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Alto Moblie UCS Pro (BNIB)

PG ZPA 0.5 quite unused

Focal 165KRX3 Comp (a bit dirty :oops: ) with the passives which won't be used (i'm runing full active finally)

And the worst ZX450 (but fully working) :

The HU, the other ZX450, the Caliber CXQ3, the battery and the subwoofer are still in the car. as soon as i receive the new caps i start the install!

By the way, i'm looking for the plexis and screws that are missing on it... if someone has some please telle me!
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

Hey Jerome, welcome to the Phorum!

Eastern France near Germany? You must live in Alsace? WOW lucky! Beautiful place! I have been to Basel, Colmar and Strasbourg! Amazing cities... and lots of pretty French girls! :mrgreen:

Why are you planning to bi-amp the Focal components? You could run full active off of that amp... the crossovers are definitely versatile enough! In fact, only ONE ZX450 can handle all of the crossovers for your tweeter, midrange and midbass.
Jerome

Post by Jerome »

yeah i live 20km away from germany, in fact, i'm really in the middle of metz and strasbourg !
My first thought was too run the UCS for subwoofer - woofer - the rest (and use the passive network for the med/tweeter) since it is a 3 way stereo processor, but finally i think i will run the subwoofer directly from the HU and the UCS pro for the woofers (a bridged zx450) and the meds/tweeter (another zx450), full active then.
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

Alternatively you could use your Alto to split Midrange/Treble, Midbass and Subwoofer, then let the ZX450 split between Midrange and Treble. That way everything is running through your processor, so you can EQ your bass too (if it has that feature, I am not familiar with it).

French wine and girls, German beer and the autobahn... you are really lucky! :lol:
marko

Post by marko »

keep mids/tweeters together through passives on 1 pair of ucs outputs, midbass active on 2 pair of ucs outputs and subs on 3 set of outputs. that's how my system is configured with my ucs pro 8)
Ti1 headunit (unique)
Outlaw in crate.
2x original shrouded ms2250's.
Route 66 in box + custom m100 to match.
Roadster 66 in flight case
Octane LE in box.
Reactor #186 in flight case.
Reactor EQ232
Ti400.2 AL
AX204A + EQ232 + ZPX2 + TBA set
ZCS6 component set
Tantrum+Titanium bass cubes
Ti12d Elite sub
DD5 + DD10 + 6 Ti blocks!
Jerome

Re: Myself & my 95 Civic. PG ZX, ZPA & more

Post by Jerome »

since i have a crossover and a EQ in the head unit, i will try to use it to run -> 63Hz on the sub then 63Hz -> on the ucs. So the ucs will manage the crossover, eq and delay on the components. I don't really need delay on the sub since it is the farest part, and doing it so, i can, still use the +/- 6db feature on the sub output from the HU.
i will very soon post pics of the work in progress.
The 3 amps all have news caps now (input and rail), are fully working, just to fix a fan problem on the grey ZX450. components are in the car too. Just have to put some deadning in the doors, but i wanted to test it...
At this time right now, i only have the Focal KRX3 kit in it (man those woofers are beasts) on the passive network with one ZX450. This weekend i will begin the sub box, then put all the gear in it... and tear my hair to set it up :p

I will post pics this afternoon!
Honda Civic Hatch 95 / Eclipse D8445 / Alto Mobile UCS Pro / Caliber CXQ 3 / AudioControl Overdrive / PG ZPA 0.5 / 2x PG ZX450 / PG Audio SPL12 / Focal KRX3
-> in progress <-
Jerome

Re: Myself & my 95 Civic. PG ZX, ZPA & more

Post by Jerome »

here are some pics of how it looks right now :

i still have to make a part to cover the hole on the door panels.
Honda Civic Hatch 95 / Eclipse D8445 / Alto Mobile UCS Pro / Caliber CXQ 3 / AudioControl Overdrive / PG ZPA 0.5 / 2x PG ZX450 / PG Audio SPL12 / Focal KRX3
-> in progress <-