New guy!

Have a cool car stereo? Post your install pictures here! No PG? No problem! Competition grade or sub-in-box setups: ALL are welcome!
RaTtlZ

New guy!

Post by RaTtlZ »

Hello everyone here on the Phorum! As I didn't see an "introduce yourself" section, I will use this one. :) My name is Ryan, I am 34 yrs old and have been an audiohaulic for as long as I can remember! My first car system was in a 72 caddy. It didn't drive and was parked behind the garage, but the battery still worked. I was a junior in H.S. and saved all my hard earned coins for a sweet kenwood cassette player with auto reverse and a kick-ass set of sony explode 6x9"s for the trunk. Man was that the best. My first official "amped" system was in a 74 pontiac catalina (400 cu.in. motor). The stereo consisted of a pioneer double din cd player, pioneer 6x9's running off deck power(15x4 at the time) and a cerwin vega 18 in a sealed box powered by a california profile 800watt amp. Fast forward to today and I am running a pioneer p9 combo, factory boston acoustic premium 6 speaker setup powered by a jl audio 6 channel amp and 2 12in phoenix ti elites (sealed) running on a soundstream 2000watt monoblock amp. All of this in my 2006 chrysler 300.

I look forward to talking with you people here on the phorum!
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Re: New guy!

Post by stipud »

Wow, two Elites? That must be insane! Those things are truly beasts of the low end. Most of the other big woofers are biased for much higher bass frequencies for SPL.

By the way I split this out of the "memory lane" thread, since that is for posting pics of your first install. So for example if you had pictures of your Caddy or Catalina installs, that would be where they go. And besides, with your own thread, we can all welcome you properly ;)

Welcome to the Phorum!
12voltjunky

Post by 12voltjunky »

New Guy,
Nice gear and welcome to the phorum!
1- Zx 400 Ti
1- Ti 600.2
1- Ti 500.4 (resurrected by valeks1)
2- Ti 500.4
2- Ti 1000.2
2-Ti RMD, Lpl, PG 1/0 Ga
Ti 6.5 comps, Ti 5x7 coaxials
Stryker

Post by Stryker »

hey welcome :)
screw car audio, I'd rather go fast....errr, wait a minute.
NewOldStock

Post by NewOldStock »

Welcome to the phorum... Do you compete with that system in some way? or is it more of an attention-grabbing thing?
MX2 Crossover
Sapphire 1.5x - Sold
Roadster66 #11 - Sold
(2) RSdC 102 10" Subwoofers - Sold
RaTtlZ

Post by RaTtlZ »

NewOldStock wrote:Welcome to the phorum... Do you compete with that system in some way? or is it more of an attention-grabbing thing?
Would it be a shame if I didn't compete? I have been in car audio since the early 90's and was in only 1 unofficial high school comp. I got second in a 84 camero loaded with boston acoustic seperates, 12in. kicker comp subs and an alpine blueline amp. I don't do car audio to grab attention (although I do get it :) ). I do it for the enjoyment I get from being an audiophile. Everytime I climb in my car I know I will have a great ride even if it is only to the gas station! :) I had a 95 maxima with my Pioneer P9, 2 sets of rockford 6.5 component, 2 12in. L5's in a ported box, 2 Pg ms275's, 1 ms1000 t/a, a powercore 15 and the Ti remote relay box. I probaby shoulda competed with that, but being in my part of MN, at that time, shows were few and far between. I am always searching for the next better system and since I'm somewhat of a broke ass. I buy stuff that was great back-in-the-day. There is no way I could have been able to afford any of what I had/have when it was brand new. In the future after I get my car paid off I am looking into making it an SQ car and maybe cmpeteing since there are an increasing number og shows around now. I'll see in a couple of years.
Thanks to everyone who gave me a welcome on the phorum. I'm enjoying it here :)
2006 Chrysler 300C
Pioneer P9 combo
Factory Boston Acoustic 6 speaker system,
Sub: TBD
JL Audio A6450, Autotek MX-3000.1
80A, 300A fuses
6 Ga.,1/0 Ga. wiring
dvnt88

Post by dvnt88 »

Welcome aboard :thumbs: , great bunch of PG enthusiats on here :metal: and diggin' the TI12DElites :twisted: , always wanted a set, just never had the room for'em :doh: and is why I'm currently running the one's in my sig. :thumbs:
Audison Bit Ten
Hertz HSK163's (x2)
Hertz HX250 subs (x2)
Hertz HDP1
Hertz HDP4
PG Tantrum BassCUBE
XS Power D4900
Misc. PG Install Goodies

"Old-Skool TI-Whore"
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Post by ttocs »

RaTtlZ wrote:
NewOldStock wrote:Welcome to the phorum... Do you compete with that system in some way? or is it more of an attention-grabbing thing?
Would it be a shame if I didn't compete? I have been in car audio since the early 90's and was in only 1 unofficial high school comp. I got second in a 84 camero loaded with boston acoustic seperates, 12in. kicker comp subs and an alpine blueline amp. I don't do car audio to grab attention (although I do get it :) ). I do it for the enjoyment I get from being an audiophile. Everytime I climb in my car I know I will have a great ride even if it is only to the gas station! :) I had a 95 maxima with my Pioneer P9, 2 sets of rockford 6.5 component, 2 12in. L5's in a ported box, 2 Pg ms275's, 1 ms1000 t/a, a powercore 15 and the Ti remote relay box. I probaby shoulda competed with that, but being in my part of MN, at that time, shows were few and far between. I am always searching for the next better system and since I'm somewhat of a broke ass. I buy stuff that was great back-in-the-day. There is no way I could have been able to afford any of what I had/have when it was brand new. In the future after I get my car paid off I am looking into making it an SQ car and maybe cmpeteing since there are an increasing number og shows around now. I'll see in a couple of years.

Nothin wrong with that, I can count how many sound competitions I have been to on one hand, never have entered either. I am considering it when I finish my current install just out of curiosity to see what others think.
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
oldskoolmseriesfan
Sherlock Homey

Post by oldskoolmseriesfan »

ttocs wrote:
RaTtlZ wrote:

Nothin wrong with that, I can count how many sound competitions I have been to on one hand, never have entered either. I am considering it when I finish my current install just out of curiosity to see what others think.

I was an SPL competitor from around '94-98 ish, my system was more SQL oriented now that I think of it : )
mind you having PG M SERIES power and decent gear and sound deadening also helps!!!!
Competeing was always alot of fun, maybe Ill get back into it on the SQL side of things again just for shits and giggles !!! :D

oh i almost forgot....welcome to the phorum :thumbs:
Last edited by oldskoolmseriesfan on Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Phorum PI!
Square woofers are GAY!!
lukeman269

Post by lukeman269 »

You still live in MN? If so, I wanna hear those Ti Elites! I bet those are so loud. Welcome to the Phorum!
RaTtlZ

Post by RaTtlZ »

lukeman269 wrote:You still live in MN? If so, I wanna hear those Ti Elites! I bet those are so loud. Welcome to the Phorum!
Nice to meat a fellow minnesotan! Yes I still live here. I live in Montevideo. Thats about 2 hours from any metro city. Google maps will tell ya. Anyhow, Where are you from? I would love to give you a demo, unfortunately, I just got rid of the Soundstream and am awaiting my new amp to arive. I then need to redesign my amp rack and do some sound deadening so it may be closer to spring before I get everything done. I'll sure keep in touch though! -RaTtLz
2006 Chrysler 300C
Pioneer P9 combo
80A, 300A fuses
6 Ga.,1/0 Ga. wiring
lukeman269

Post by lukeman269 »

RaTtlZ wrote:
lukeman269 wrote:You still live in MN? If so, I wanna hear those Ti Elites! I bet those are so loud. Welcome to the Phorum!
Nice to meat a fellow minnesotan! Yes I still live here. I live in Montevideo. Thats about 2 hours from any metro city. Google maps will tell ya. Anyhow, Where are you from? I would love to give you a demo, unfortunately, I just got rid of the Soundstream and am awaiting my new amp to arive. I then need to redesign my amp rack and do some sound deadening so it may be closer to spring before I get everything done. I'll sure keep in touch though! -RaTtLz
I live in Blaine. I would definitely like to meet you somewhere to hear your system when spring comes around. I will have to show you what I got too. It's amateur compared to what you got though lol. I got an rsdc 12 hooked up to a 500.2 tantrum with a powergrid hooked up too. I made a shelf for the amp and powergrid that I have yet to paint. I will be painting that when spring comes around. But yeah, I will keep in touch!
HoseHead
Tim Horton Himself

Post by HoseHead »

Welcome to the Phorum. You'll enjoy yourself around this bunch.

I also run a Hemi C in the summer - a Molten Lava '05. Friggin' rocket. Eats rice and schnitzel all day long. No audio mods yet.

I see you have an SS Tarantula mono block. I do have a BNIB 500.4 of that style.
It's available if you desire. All original including printed box as well as the original non-desript cardboard box.

I did some time in northern MN during the '70s. I had friends in Piney, Manitoba and we used to cross over to Rousseau MN for partying. In those days, when you hit the border after 4 o'clock or on a weekend, there was a traffic cone in the middle of the road and a phone. You were on your honour to call either country's customs department, depending on your direction of travel. Times have changed .... :(

HH
Attachments
2C7E4749crop.JPG
2C7E4749crop.JPG (238.52 KiB) Viewed 12120 times
The only stupid question is the one not asked .......
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Post by ttocs »

HoseHead wrote:I did some time in northern MN during the '70s. I had friends in Piney, Manitoba and we used to cross over to Rousseau MN for partying. In those days, when you hit the border after 4 o'clock or on a weekend, there was a traffic cone in the middle of the road and a phone. You were on your honour to call either country's customs department, depending on your direction of travel. Times have changed .... :(

HH

so, ah, what were you in for?:)
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
RaTtlZ

Post by RaTtlZ »

ttocs wrote:
HoseHead wrote:I did some time in northern MN during the '70s. I had friends in Piney, Manitoba and we used to cross over to Rousseau MN for partying. In those days, when you hit the border after 4 o'clock or on a weekend, there was a traffic cone in the middle of the road and a phone. You were on your honour to call either country's customs department, depending on your direction of travel. Times have changed .... :(

HH

so, ah, what were you in for?:)
That's funny! I was thinking the same thing. hahaha. I would like to get up that way sometime. I hear the country is just spectacular!
2006 Chrysler 300C
Pioneer P9 combo
80A, 300A fuses
6 Ga.,1/0 Ga. wiring
vwguy3

Post by vwguy3 »

Welcome fellow MN'er. Minnesota sucks right now!! It has been so cold, and I work outside all the time. Hopefully we have an early spring so we all can work on are stereo's!!!

Later
Justind
Rold Gold
Dirty Harry

Post by Rold Gold »

wow......How'd I miss this........ :oops:

Welcome to the Phorum!!!!!
I really dig the 300 as a street-thug anyhow and having that setup is even better. :clap:
The windows are what does it for me...... 8) And an SRT8 option makes it mean...... :twisted:

So have ya had a chance to mic'd it yet? :twisted: I'm gonna guess 130-140-ish but just thought I'd ask.
Those tender little burgers with them little, itty-bitty grilled onions that just explode in ya mouth like flavor crystals every time you bite into one.. just makes me want to burn this muthafuka down.... Come on, Pookie, let's burn this muthafuka down!!!
RaTtlZ

Post by RaTtlZ »

Rold Gold wrote:wow......How'd I miss this........ :oops:

Welcome to the Phorum!!!!!
I really dig the 300 as a street-thug anyhow and having that setup is even better. :clap:
The windows are what does it for me...... 8) And an SRT8 option makes it mean...... :twisted:

So have ya had a chance to mic'd it yet? :twisted: I'm gonna guess 130-140-ish but just thought I'd ask.
Thanks for the welcome! I never had a chance to get on a meter before I traded off my tarantula for an autotek 3000.1 which is still sitting in my livingroom till spring. I plan on a new install this spring and definatly will get on the meter. I don't really know what 130-140 deebeez sounds like but when I was bumpin, my headliner was quakin' to beat hell!
2006 Chrysler 300C
Pioneer P9 combo
80A, 300A fuses
6 Ga.,1/0 Ga. wiring
vwguy3

Post by vwguy3 »

Should of kept the SS!!! I love them!
thingy

Post by thingy »

welcome dude - love the twin elites :clap:
Kenwood DDX5016DAB
In stock awaiting install ideas
Alpine 7893R
PG Rsd 65cs
2 PG M100
2 12" Xmax
PG Bass Cube Special Edition
PG Xmax 10"
Old School CVIT15.0DVC
PG M50
PG M44
PG M25 Special Edition
PG Xenon 6,5"
PG TiDD10 + Sld44
PG ZX 475TI (Needs check, bought as blown)