should I move my battery?

Have a cool car stereo? Post your install pictures here! No PG? No problem! Competition grade or sub-in-box setups: ALL are welcome!
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

should I move my battery?

Post by ttocs »

I am still in the WAAAAY too long of a planning phase for my stereo but after being in the hospital all last week I can't jump right into it. I have been planning on running 1/0 power and ground from battery to the dist blocks for the amps just to ensure the best connection, and also toying with the idea of a 2nd battery since I already have a HO alt(200A). This morning while doing some measurements for the spare-tire-subwoofer-enclosure I realized I will probably need to raise the trunks floor 2-4 inches to have enough space for the woofers. In playing around the ideas of what I could do with the extra space it occured to me that I could move the battery and use it for bracing or to take up space on the battery, which would make adding a 2nd on the other side really easy. I am not currently using a sealed battery so I would need to consider a box, or a sealed battery.... It would help to clean up a lot of clutter under the hood as its getting crowded up there and if I ever make my dream of a turbo true I would need to do it, minus well do it while I have the cable right?
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
oldschoolfan

Re: should I move my battery?

Post by oldschoolfan »

Why not? Racers do it all the time.
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

it would help to clean things up under the hood as well as put some more wieght in back. I bet between the new aluminum trickflow heads and moving that it would make the front end alot lighter. Prettywell made up my mind and just trying to find the parts for it all now. I have an extra dist block if I need it, its all the stupid little connectors that will take a little while. I would love to get a couple of optimas and those cool pg covers but they are a little too rich for me, thinking about making my own maybe.... Anyone have a good pic of that cover?
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

I think in keeping with the idea of being able to quickly remove all non-essential track stuff I will try to make it so that I can pull the 2nd battery if I go to the track for a day. Should be interesting if I can get all the parts.

Now a quick question, did PG do any relay isolators or were they all diodes?
Stryker

Post by Stryker »

I'll be helpful :wink:
I sold it to someone here, didn't like the way the powder was heavy around the edges.
Attachments
DSCN3830.JPG
DSCN3830.JPG (306.69 KiB) Viewed 4062 times
DSCN3832.JPG
DSCN3832.JPG (378.14 KiB) Viewed 4062 times
screw car audio, I'd rather go fast....errr, wait a minute.
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

I think slick might have them, but they are too rich for my blood. At that price I would make my own.