2010 Camaro Trunk

Have a cool car stereo? Post your install pictures here! No PG? No problem! Competition grade or sub-in-box setups: ALL are welcome!
NewOldStock

2010 Camaro Trunk

Post by NewOldStock »

for your PG viewing pleasure... still needs to be cleaned up, have the trunk vacuumed out and the amp detailed.

I will take more pics later... just wanted to share
MX2 Crossover
Sapphire 1.5x - Sold
Roadster66 #11 - Sold
(2) RSdC 102 10" Subwoofers - Sold
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Re: 2010 Camaro Trunk

Post by ttocs »

nice n clean mang....
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
Damo95

Post by Damo95 »

That is very clean... If you made up factory "matching" covers for the amp and subs, you could yourself one of the most stealth boots (trunk) I've ever seen!!

I love it!
Damo - Australian member..
Speakers: 3 way front - morel elate9 (in custom doors), Peerless HDS Exlusive 4" midrange (in kicks), Scanspeak 1" illuminator (in custom a-pillars)
Subwoofers: 3x Phoenix Gold Ti2 10d2 (in wheel well enclosure)
PG Ti amps: 2x Ti600.4 (front stage) + Ti2500.1 (sub duties)
dwnrodeo

Post by dwnrodeo »

Wow, bravo sir. That is one of the cleanest installs I've seen. It's simple, understated, and you still have plenty of room in your trunk. My kinda install.
XS2300, XS2500, XS2300, X200.4, X100.2, Ti21000.4, Roadster 66

I'm gonna become a civil engineer. I'm gonna design septic tanks for playgrounds. Little kids can take shits! You idiot, what the hell do you do?
shawn k

Post by shawn k »

Nice job there! Looks great and very clean!
AKA "THE HATER"
NewOldStock

Post by NewOldStock »

Thanks guys... clean, simple and useful trunk were my goals. the Roadster amp rack is within a couple of inches of the back of the rear seat, so almost the entire trunk is useful.

I wanted a little bit of show, a little bit of stealth... there are a couple of things that still need a little touchup work, but all things considered, I am pretty happy with it.

as I stated in a different post, those RSdC fricken POUND. At one point startling myself with them and backing down the gains quite a bit.

Where is Dabor this year? If we're not camping, I might have to make an appearance.
MX2 Crossover
Sapphire 1.5x - Sold
Roadster66 #11 - Sold
dvnt88

Post by dvnt88 »

NewOldStock wrote:Thanks guys... clean, simple and useful trunk were my goals. the Roadster amp rack is within a couple of inches of the back of the rear seat, so almost the entire trunk is useful.

I wanted a little bit of show, a little bit of stealth... there are a couple of things that still need a little touchup work, but all things considered, I am pretty happy with it.

as I stated in a different post, those RSdC fricken POUND. At one point startling myself with them and backing down the gains quite a bit.

Where is Dabor this year? If we're not camping, I might have to make an appearance.
Nice and clean :clap: . Did you go thru subthump.com (http://subthump.com/Chevrolet-GMC-Sub-B ... osure.html and http://subthump.com/Chevrolet-GMC-Sub-B ... osure.html) for the speaker boxes or did you make them yourself? I ask because I had this enclosure thru them (http://subthump.com/Chevrolet-GMC-Sub-B ... ure-5.html) and was the best box I've ever heard for a 4th gen. They make some pretty cool shit and if ya haven't checked them out, give 'em a look, gotta lot of cool stuff for the 5th gen (http://subthump.com/Chevrolet-GMC-Sub-B ... ro-2010-Up)
Audison Bit Ten
Hertz HSK163's (x2)
Hertz HX250 subs (x2)
Hertz HDP1
Hertz HDP4
PG Tantrum BassCUBE
XS Power D4900
Misc. PG Install Goodies

"Old-Skool TI-Whore"
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

NewOldStock wrote:Thanks guys... clean, simple and useful trunk were my goals. the Roadster amp rack is within a couple of inches of the back of the rear seat, so almost the entire trunk is useful.

Looks like you've achieved your goals and then some. Just my kind of install! Tidy and unobtrusive, full use of the trunk, easy access to the spare. Right on! You should even build a cloth cover to stick over the amp, so you can protect it when you've got a full load of stuff in the trunk.

Dabor is in Corvallis, OR. Hope you like kegs and BBQ! :D
Bfowler
Briaans..... BRIAAAAANNNNNNS

Post by Bfowler »

NewOldStock wrote:
dabor is like camping! but in my yard lol. pm me if you want a address!
my ex-girlfriend said "its car audio or me"
i've had tougher choices at a soda machine...
NewOldStock

Post by NewOldStock »

dvnt88 wrote:

Nice and clean :clap: . Did you go thru subthump.com (http://subthump.com/Chevrolet-GMC-Sub-B ... osure.html and http://subthump.com/Chevrolet-GMC-Sub-B ... osure.html) for the speaker boxes or did you make them yourself? I ask because I had this enclosure thru them (http://subthump.com/Chevrolet-GMC-Sub-B ... ure-5.html) and was the best box I've ever heard for a 4th gen. They make some pretty cool shit and if ya haven't checked them out, give 'em a look, gotta lot of cool stuff for the 5th gen (http://subthump.com/Chevrolet-GMC-Sub-B ... ro-2010-Up)
I did... those side enclosures were too cheap and too nice to even bother building my own... I couldnt build them that nice for that price.

Steve and I have had a fair number of conversations about products, new (unreleased) stuff, idea's for new products and whatnot. He is a heck of a nice guy and does some seriously high quality work.
MX2 Crossover
Sapphire 1.5x - Sold
Roadster66 #11 - Sold
NewOldStock

Post by NewOldStock »

stipud wrote:You should even build a cloth cover to stick over the amp, so you can protect it when you've got a full load of stuff in the trunk.

Dabor is in Corvallis, OR. Hope you like kegs and BBQ! :D
This is the install in my 2010 Camaro... that IS the full load of stuff in my trunk! LOL

if I need to take more than a single bag that can fit back there without touching anything, we're going to be rolling in the Subaru.

Oh thats right, Beaver-burg... I hope my Orange and Black Camaro will fit in!

Go Beav's.
MX2 Crossover
Sapphire 1.5x - Sold
Roadster66 #11 - Sold
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Post by ttocs »

any build pics?
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
NewOldStock

Post by NewOldStock »

ttocs wrote:any build pics?
nope... I should have, but didnt. Its a pretty simple/straight foward build.

Pioneer DEH-3200BT
KnuKonceptz Krystal Kable RCA's
Phoenix Gold Roadster66
KnuKonceptz KCA Power/Ground (battery is in the trunk)
Precision Power 356cs comps
KnuKonceptz Karma SS Bi-wire speaker wire all the way into the doors
Subthump front speaker baffles, coated in truck bedliner
Phoenix Gold RSdC 10's (dual 2ohm)
KnuKonceptz Karma SS 10ga speaker wire
Subthump driver and passenger side stealth enclosures

70' - 80' of Fatmat Rattle-Trap between the trunk and and both front doors... I think I still have about 20' - 30' left of it for another install happening this summer.

I also have a pair of Second Skin deflex pads that I opted not to use, since RIGHT behind each midbass driver is a support beam thats got a seriously funky contour, no chance at standing waves there.

here is the pic of the 4 12ga wires going into the door... I tried to make every part of this build as clean as possible

MX2 Crossover
Sapphire 1.5x - Sold
Roadster66 #11 - Sold
dvnt88

Post by dvnt88 »

NewOldStock wrote:
dvnt88 wrote:

I did... those side enclosures were too cheap and too nice to even bother building my own... I couldnt build them that nice for that price.

Steve and I have had a fair number of conversations about products, new (unreleased) stuff, idea's for new products and whatnot. He is a heck of a nice guy and does some seriously high quality work.
I have nothing but good things to say about the product and the people behind it :clap: . If they made a box that would fit a TIElite in my '97 30th Ann. edition Z-28, I'd be all over it 8) , luv the new 5th gen stuff and can't wait to get mine :twisted: . Thinkin' about the new ZL1 comin' out next January or just goin' with the SLP ZL585 package as I wanna start racin' the '97. :shock:
Audison Bit Ten
Hertz HSK163's (x2)
Hertz HX250 subs (x2)
Hertz HDP1
Hertz HDP4
PG Tantrum BassCUBE
XS Power D4900
Misc. PG Install Goodies

"Old-Skool TI-Whore"
NewOldStock

Post by NewOldStock »

heheh I hear ya... though I gotta say, the 400hp in that car is more than enough for me 99% of the time. that last 1% of the time its more than I need, based on my maturity level.
MX2 Crossover
Sapphire 1.5x - Sold
Roadster66 #11 - Sold