air ride install in 94 gt

Have a cool car stereo? Post your install pictures here! No PG? No problem! Competition grade or sub-in-box setups: ALL are welcome!
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Post by ttocs »

Typed it all out 2 times and then bumped my touchpad, highlighted it all and then deleted it all...

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2395420/1 ... 8#15863800

So here check out the cardomain page. Was going strong today until I got sick this afternoon. Hope it doesn't set me back too far as I am dying to get this working and see how it looks and handles.
Last edited by ttocs on Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
AVICJR
Team Coach

Re: air rid install in 94 gt

Post by AVICJR »

Looking good!!
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

if there is anyone on here that has exp with this stuff and sees me doing something that is just absolutly wrong please let me know. This is my first time working with it. I am taking my time to try and get everything perfect on it so it will last and be easy to service if needed. I know the tank in the passenger compartment isn't ideal but the system does have a pressure sensor in the tank and monitors it constantly so I am not too concerned about it.
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

was makin good progress last week till I got sick again on friday. Slowed me down a couple of days...... Got the valves mounted and found a new spot for the cpu as it would not fit under the tank with the valves. So the cpu will go under the pass seat, no big deal wires will be 3 ft longer.

I made a tray to mount the valved too as otherwise they would be hard to mount and service later if needed. The tray mounts down with the two seat bolts and can be pulled out to check things if needed.

Here is with the seat all the way back and down, just enough space.

Will probably cover the tray either with black felt or carpet just so it disappears under the tank. Again I will make a cover to go over all of this later. Almost time to run some wires/hoses, install the overhead monitor and flush the display in. That is all stuff I have done before so hopefully it will go faster.
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

been busy but wasn't enough progress to show pics of. I am going to install an overhead consol from an explorer in the mustang and flushmount the display for the suspension in the spot where the light use to be. Had to widen one side, narrow the other and build a small lip on side to make it flat but I think you get the idea now. I am about 95% done and happy so far, should look cool.

if the custom work needed to install the overhead interests you I can post those too but not sure if it would just be a waste of bandwidth.
ttocs

Re: air ride install in 94 gt

Post by ttocs »

the overhead ended up being alot more work then I thought, more wires then I thought, then covering the headliner....

BUT!

The back portion of the consol is not finished yet, but thats because I am not finished with it yet... I just threw a coat of paint on it to help it try to match the new paint but that is the spot that will house the 4 SDT displays to show the voltage/status of each amp. I will hack the temp sensor on the overhead and install a thermistor on the RSD 1200.1 I will have running my subs so that it will show the 1200's temp.
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

FYI there are more of the build pics of the consol on my cardomain site as well as the wiring for the overhead. Not sure if anyone cares about that stuff on here as I rarely get any questions on how/what I am doing to it.
Starunit10

Post by Starunit10 »

we understand, were just waiting for the finished product and the vid of the creation to be released!
Collection Growing..........
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

I have been waiting for a long time to do a video because of the suspension. The motor has a great lope to it now after the head/cam/intake swap and it gets compliments all the time but anytime anyone sees a pic of it they say it needs to be lowered...

Been feeling bad most of the week but finally tonight late(1am) I was feeling better and had some energy, and its coolest that time anyway so I got some work done. Finished wiring the Fused dist blocks and got that mess sorted out. The RMD's are showing seperate voltages so that means the isolator relay is turned off. These will power all 3 amps, the DD10, and the air-ride system.

After that was sorted out I realized I could finally power up the system and see the display. The pics do a horrible job catching it as with the flash off it is just a blur and with it on it bleeds through the lcd. From the drivers seat it will still be easy to see and out of the way, worked out really well.

Time to get under the car now, almost done though.
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

talked to the shop just now to make the final parts order of the bags/shocks/struts. I hate to mix/match brands and end up with a problem later sorting out what I got from who and why so to make it easy I decided to stick with ride-techs in house brand of shocks. The shop said they have had great luck with them in the past although he has not installed the exact type I am getting but has ridden in a car with them.

http://www.ridetech.com/store/select-se ... ually.html

These shocks/struts offer the ability to stiffen the ride up at the push of a button from inside the car, should be cool...
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

dropped the car off a month ago to get the bottom half of the work done under the car. Took longer then expected because they had a problem with their lift but picked it up today and enjoyed the ride home, rides like a new car for sure! Will take some getting use too but here is the pics finished.

Having issues posting pics for some reason today they are on the first page here.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2395420/1 ... d#15956472
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

had a show at a park today and it was the first time I saw it in the grass, LOVE IT!

got to try out the gopro yesterday while skydiving although they would not let me jump with it. Now to figure out the editing and then try out the suction cup mount for some action vids.
JK

Post by JK »

id fix that pict of your tag in car domain.. nice never ending project though.. i know how it is...
00goobs

Post by 00goobs »

Not a big Mustang fan, but the drop and wheels make Mustangs look very nice. Funny how a simple offset wheel combo makes them stand out compared to the stock wheels. I just finished tuning an 08 GT and there is so much "fun" that Ford takes away from the stock GT. A simple ignition timing, rev limiter and fuel ratio adjustment
Change the feel of the 4.6...

Nice!

Going to be tuning an 04 Mach 1 turbo soon, should be fun fun fun!!!

Hello from my IPad!
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

funny enough after a week or two I discovered that the shop programmed preset #1 so that it was not all aired out. After a quick adjustment now it can really get down...

Also got the stock steering wheel re-wrapped, polished some billet cruise control buttons, and painted the center black and it looks/feels like new now.

LowandLoud

Post by LowandLoud »

Sweet! I have always said "everything looks better lowered". Good job

LL
Always looking for:

Install accessories
LE amps
Processing
Unique pieces