GMC safari install

Have a cool car stereo? Post your install pictures here! No PG? No problem! Competition grade or sub-in-box setups: ALL are welcome!
CK1991

GMC safari install

Post by CK1991 »

I figured I would start on a build thread for my safari. it's a 94 ext with the limited hightop package by explorer conversions. Since this van is a hightop, the amp rack is going above my head where the tv and vcr used to be (I will miss the Sega though. LOL).

For a head unit, I will be using a pioneer deh80prs. Amps are an xs6600 and m100, both serviced by tricky Ricky. For speakers, I am using fountek 3" full range for the mids/ highs, an image dynamics IDQ10 for the subs, and am currently undecided on the midbass.
The amp rack is 3/4" plywood with polyurethaned wood strips laid over it (to simulate a floor).
Power is provided by a remy cs144 alt on an escalade alt bracket, 0 gauge welding cable off amazon, and tiff fuse blocks. I am having a separate fuse block on the rack to provide power to the radio and lights in the overhead console I still have to build and above the amp rack.
Image[/URL]

ImageImageImage
Pioneer keh9595 + deh80prs, Phoenix Gold xs6600 PG M10p, and some randon speakers in a van
trickyricky

Re: GMC safari install

Post by trickyricky »

Coming along...are you going to cover up the wiring with a panel over the amps? PM me your address and I'll send you that LPL44 I owe ya.
CK1991

Re: GMC safari install

Post by CK1991 »

Ricky, I am not due to the limited height over the amps (max height is 8 inches over the amps. Min height is 3 inches) since its going in the hightop bulkhead where the tv used to be.. Pretty much, no one will see this install ever. (A shame, but at least I know it looks nice)
Pioneer keh9595 + deh80prs, Phoenix Gold xs6600 PG M10p, and some randon speakers in a van