1993 Volkswagen Cabriolet aka VW Cabby MK1

Have a cool car stereo? Post your install pictures here! No PG? No problem! Competition grade or sub-in-box setups: ALL are welcome!
Capted

1993 Volkswagen Cabriolet aka VW Cabby MK1

Post by Capted »

First and foremost, thank you for opening my first post on this site. I have been lurking for awhile now and my full resto is finally ready for a proper install. For starters, I have a bin full of equipment that I would love to use assuming it makes sense. Here is a list of my equipment which is in good working order, however, I would be interested in overhauling the PG.

Head: Pioneer DEH-P5000UB
Amp: Phoenix Gold ZX450
Sub: JL Audio (1) 12" W0v2 4omh
Components: Boston Acoustics (4) ProSeries 6.4
Components: Diamond Audio Technology (2) M255i

Assuming it makes sense to reuse all or most of this equipment in a proper installation. What type of box and placement would you recommend for the sub?

Thank you in advance,
IMG_1329.JPG
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Re: 1993 Volkswagen Cabriolet aka VW Cabby MK1

Post by ttocs »

welcome to the party.

Verts are always hard for systems. I have heard some good systems that used down firing subs but they do eat up a little more room then a standard box. Are you going to use that amp for the speakers and sub or have you considered adding more power with another amp just for sub duty? Unfortunately the easiest way to get around the problems a vert causes is bigger subs/more power. With a single 12 running off of a 4 channel driving everything I am afraid bass would be less then desired.
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
Capted

Re: 1993 Volkswagen Cabriolet aka VW Cabby MK1

Post by Capted »

Since its not my daily and the trunk space is limited at best. I am just fine with giving up most of it, however, my intention is to keep it as simple as possible. Meaning, I would like to do it with just the one amp. It appears that I am limited to 5.25 separates in the front doors and 4x6 in the rear panels.