New A-Pillars!

Have a cool car stereo? Post your install pictures here! No PG? No problem! Competition grade or sub-in-box setups: ALL are welcome!
bladestars

New A-Pillars!

Post by bladestars »

Well, if any of you remember my S10 from the old forum it just consisted of glass'd pillars to hold my tweeter and mids were in the dash firing straight up.

Since I got laid off work, figured I might as well keep myself busy!
New pillars now hold ZR Tweeter and ZPM100 midrange. They JUST fit. Sound has deffinatly changed a lot. Images much better and has gained a ton of depth. Oddly enough, midbass seems to of improved as there is more of a snap. I will see about getting an installed picture. Fiberglassing isn't really that hard at all. Spend just over a day to make these from bare pillars to covered in material. Want to re do my doors to hold dual midbass sometime soon. So does this count as the second install or still my first install? :oops:

And the rest of my install [for now]

Future plans include upgrading tweeter+xo. Hopefully dual midbass as well. Just looking for an affordable midbass that will SLAM
Bfowler
Briaans..... BRIAAAAANNNNNNS

Post by Bfowler »

you fit a zp4 in your a piller.....wow

nice job man
my ex-girlfriend said "its car audio or me"
i've had tougher choices at a soda machine...
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

That is awesome! Getting laid off is not, however.

Pity about that unfortunate dash kit...

Have you considered using a real midbass speaker for your door duties? Maybe a pair of these, or something similar?
bladestars

Post by bladestars »

stipud wrote:That is awesome! Getting laid off is not, however.

Pity about that unfortunate dash kit...

Have you considered using a real midbass speaker for your door duties? Maybe a pair of these, or something similar?
Yes I have considered it.. But also trying to get a grill to fit over that is somewhat tough unless I sink the driver into the baffle which then means I need to build out even more. Thinking about just doing dual ZR midbass's. They do have a fair amount of midbass as I usually drive without subs on or turned down quite low (-4 or -3)
Bfowler
Briaans..... BRIAAAAANNNNNNS

Post by Bfowler »

well....i happen to know that rsd's have the same cut out.....and destroy most speakers out there for pure midbass output
my ex-girlfriend said "its car audio or me"
i've had tougher choices at a soda machine...
Francious70
Half Baked

Post by Francious70 »

Hey, I remember this S-10. Those are some nice pillars mang, great job.
Boomshackalacka
dcavaudio

Post by dcavaudio »

WOW Zero Points back in the day! Very nice!!!! I wish I still had my 6.5.
fuzzysnuggleduck
Soy Milquetoast

Post by fuzzysnuggleduck »

Wow, I really like the fiberglass job! I really like how you're fitting some pretty big drivers in those A-pillars... I'm no connoisseur of car audio but from what little I've seen and experienced, that's pretty unique.

I'm also constantly impressed with the sexyness of those optima batteries. Tom's looks great and performs and yours also looks damn fine.

Cool stuff.
SOLD: '91 PG 4Runner