For those who didnt know what the baddest PG sub was...

Have a cool car stereo? Post your install pictures here! No PG? No problem! Competition grade or sub-in-box setups: ALL are welcome!
nabot49

For those who didnt know what the baddest PG sub was...

Post by nabot49 »

PG Titanuim Elite of course! Here is my sys in its entirety:

So my system isnt done, but close enough for me to post up here.

My Budget Setup
- Planet Audio TT4200: supposedly 50x4 200x2 at 4 ohms which is bridged and runs my polk DB 6x9's atm for midbass duties in the doors. I have had the PA amp for a while, and the 6x9's came with the car.
- Xtant a4004 50x4 for the tweets and Mids which are HIVI on the dash.
- Nine.1 which powers the monster PG Ti Elite at 2 Ohms.
- My CD Player is the CD8053 that replaced my alpine cda-9831, and it will be replaced by the DEH-P880PRS when it comes in on thursday.

With a little equing and Time alignment this is by far the best system I have had or heard as a whole. Mostly because the sound is all in your face. I can without hesitation say that my CDT DRT-26 were better tweets, and my Seas Performance Poly Mids were better mids, but the install is what throws these on top. All the music is right there, the left and right difference makes me re listen to music now, b/c I didnt notice the guitar was only played on this side and so on. So all in all I am going to keep this setup for at least a couple of years now :D

Pics and Videos
vid
nick-caper
BANNED!!!!!1111

Post by nick-caper »

um. your speakers are sittin on your dash. Isnt that gonna roll off?
PG Phorum is like a box of empty chocolates. Nothing to appreciate and no satisfaction.
Irongoats

Post by Irongoats »

That was what I was going to say. :lol:
Thumper88

Post by Thumper88 »

Looks like double sided tape underneath....
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

Spend a bit of time fiberglassing those into your A-pillars! That would make a very clean setup indeed.
nabot49

Post by nabot49 »

yeah I am to lazy to glass, maybe in the far future...
But I just got the Pioneer DEH-P880PRS to replace the eclipse CD8053, First of all I will say that I have never had such love hate feelings about a deck before, it does the most annoying things, and things that could have been simple were terribly difficult, with my eclipse I didnt have a manual to consult, but I figured out how to tune the system perfectly without. with the pioneer I would have been lost for real. And the manual isnt eve that good at explaining stuff.
But sadly the eclipse had to go as I need use of my IPOD. The pioneer sounds just as good, just need to turn the gains up a little more to match the lack of voltage. The auto eq works well, but the auto ta was a little off.

I would never say it is a better unit, but it met my needs, I will stil miss the CD8053 though, and I would have dumped the 880 for it any day if the IPODability was better.

Here is a little pic I took with my phone... (as for the blurriness I think it was on macro):
smgreen20

Post by smgreen20 »

Why not just get the FM modulator for the ipod? If you get a good one there wont be much loss in SQ at all.

I have a CD8455 and bought the P980BT and was amazed at it, UNTIL I went back to the 8455 and I wondered why I even chose the 980 to begin with. All for the EQ section.
"ZPA's will have the same sound essentially as you get from the MS, they just feature a bigger shinier set of balls."

Install:
http://phoenixphorum.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=16998