New toy

Have a cool car stereo? Post your install pictures here! No PG? No problem! Competition grade or sub-in-box setups: ALL are welcome!
ydnap
More like Bannedy...

New toy

Post by ydnap »

If you're going through hell keep going

Winston Churchill

"this is the world's most powerfulest high's amp."

Some dumb cunt.
Francious70
Half Baked

Post by Francious70 »

What, the EQ?? That's pretty cool mang.
bdubs767
Hukd on Foniks

Post by bdubs767 »

pandy, nice job....try to get your hands on an RTA tho, to set it.
Can one send others to war if hes not willing to go himself?
VW337
Meatgician

Post by VW337 »

bdubs767 wrote:pandy, nice job....try to get your hands on an RTA tho, to set it.
come on now, didn't you know if you set it to what would be a smiley face using sliders it's golden. :lol:
I think we've established that "Ka Ka" and "Tukki Tukki" don't work.
bdubs767
Hukd on Foniks

Post by bdubs767 »

VW337 wrote:
bdubs767 wrote:pandy, nice job....try to get your hands on an RTA tho, to set it.
come on now, didn't you know if you set it to what would be a smiley face using sliders it's golden. :lol:
knew I shouldn't of spent that $300 on the behringer rta :evil: :lol: :lol:
Can one send others to war if hes not willing to go himself?
ydnap
More like Bannedy...

Post by ydnap »

It was actually REALLY hard to set up tbh, took me til 4am just to get it to work.

I didnt realise as factory it is set 'balanced' which for some reason made the whole thing act like it was fucked. Cue lots of cursewords, it was really cold out last night :lol:

In the end I switched it to unbalanced, which then allowed me to play with the input and output gains (seriously, this thing is really fucking complicated) and finally I got it right. The gains on it are REAL fussy, too much and you get feedback sound and too little and its dead quiet. I think what doesnt help is how sensitive the MPS2220 is to being line driven, I mean this thing has a 8v line driver in it and I think thats what was causing me the headaches.

It sounds fantastic, Im really happy with it and what a bloody bargain for $49 shipped brand new. All this in one unit does make it a pain to set up tho, but its pretty much done now (couple of gain tweaks in the trunk and Im golden :) )

Tomorrow I am going over my father in laws to use his heated garage at which point I have alot to do. Namely rewire the 6x9s in the back to wire to the ZX200 that has been out of comission foir months and fit my new back seat (got a black one out of a RD2 which sorta matches the racing seats unlike the light grey one I have now) and then my new components arrive thurs and Im going to work on them over the weekend, get them done and then it's only really the gamecube (which I cant fucking wait for lmao)

Once all that is done I will then move onto the cosmetics for the trunk. I know I know, but I ordered 5 15" streetglos and 2 LED laser cannons for the trunk, and its being themed alien invasion with a bust of an alian autopsy.

Its not going to be what most of you guys like but Im a huge fan of themed installs.. The tech work and monkey work are all done now pretty much) and then its onto the cosmetics.

Im dying to get them Clifs here, I have heard the fuller range component groups in front doors before (namely the 5" and 6.5" rainbows, hardon matierial.. And the clifs my buddy used to use back when they were horrendously expensive and theres just something cool about that kinda setup.)

And once all that is done it's going into paint in spring for that pearl whiite color they paint cadillac CTS's. I used to fucking HATE white cars but since owning my tibber I have grown to love it, especially when its clean.

Winston Churchill

Some dumb cunt.
ydnap
More like Bannedy...

Post by ydnap »

Oh one downside to this fusion unit is the LED colors (they switch).

The blue looks fuckin gorgeous but the green? oh dear. It looks like puke green and would never match an alpine or anything else green.

It really is that bad, its like a sick yellowy puke green (ill get some pics tonight when its dark)

Im kinda bummed because my dash plate is painted house of kolor kameleon green to blue and I would have liked to use the green and the blue, but the green is so fucking nasty Ill stick to blue lmao :D

Winston Churchill

Some dumb cunt.
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

Geez Pandy, hate to admit but that looks pretty decent. Well done.

One thing though... is that carpet under the headunit? Use vinyl or something, geez.... You love that carpet.
1moreamp
NOT justonemoreamp

Post by 1moreamp »

Looks to be coming along nicely Pandy. Keep up the good work Big Guy!

1moreamp
slc72005
BANNED!!!!!1111

Post by slc72005 »

VW337 wrote:
hey man watch your mouth:)

it worked great for me, but i was after the sound of the loud button:)
Scott Damnjanovic
820 Yosemite Trail
Roselle, IL 60172

630-220-5054
630-980-7154

[email protected]
[email protected]

I have stolen hundreds of dollars from my friends. If you know me, stay away, because I will steal from you too.
ydnap
More like Bannedy...

Post by ydnap »

stipud wrote:Geez Pandy, hate to admit but that looks pretty decent. Well done.

One thing though... is that carpet under the headunit? Use vinyl or something, geez.... You love that carpet.
Yip I made a carpet 'skirt' to go around the edges.

Back when I was poorer than I am now (lol) I had that infinity DIN unit and had to chop the dash a bit to get it in, this left a gap under and around the regular HU that shit kept going into (cig ash and stuff) but I needed it to be breathable so I did it with carpet because the HU gets pretty hot in there because of the dumb smallness of the dash and the heaters run under the stereo (idiots at Hyundai lol)

I love carpet, Im so oldskool with it lol

Winston Churchill

Some dumb cunt.
dedlyjedly
Silent but Dedly

Post by dedlyjedly »

Pandy wrote:...but I needed it to be breathable so I did it with carpet because the HU gets pretty hot in there because of the dumb smallness of the dash and the heaters run under the stereo (idiots at Hyundai lol)
so you added some insulation in the form of speaker box carpet? :lol: