da build....

Have a cool car stereo? Post your install pictures here! No PG? No problem! Competition grade or sub-in-box setups: ALL are welcome!
bretti_kivi
Shutterbug

Re: da build....

Post by bretti_kivi »

in the mean time, I've done 4k kms through Europe and I'm home again. And sick of not having tunes.

So today I've been at the summer house and I've made some serious progress (and haven't touched a camera!).
The SDX10 has a nice fresh box, 31l (just over a cube) with a port, tuned to 31Hz or so. It was supposed to be longer / lower and then I forgot about the exit point shortening the path length... anyway, the box has taken most of a day and looks great. No pics. I've used screws and Titebone polyurethane.

The frame for the TFT is currently drying from its last coat of oil. The car is in pieces and I drive home tomorrow ;)

Tomorrow is all about cable. I've added the 90.2 and 100.2 to the boot, they're secured, and the 900.1d will get its place in the trunk on the carpet. lots of complex wiring to be done; I need the switches for the PC and the amps in tomorrow, along with the remotes from front to back and some RCAs. I'll make the RCAs tomorrow afternoon, I think; I'm wiring LEDs and hifi at the same time.

- Bret
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Post by ttocs »

ya know brett when I gave ya crap earlier about no pics I had completely forgot that you are a photographer... funny stuff.
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
bretti_kivi
Shutterbug

Post by bretti_kivi »

it's fine, I'm just not taking photos when I'm working ;) Or I'm working when I'm taking photos ... :D

And rain stopped everything today. Massive rush to put the car back together, got the outside LEDs wired but not illumination. Need to do that next; the amps are OK where they are but there's a shitload still to do. Will work on it this week, I think, while the little monster is still away.

- Bret