2 cyclones in a honda civic hatch in the uk

Have a cool car stereo? Post your install pictures here! No PG? No problem! Competition grade or sub-in-box setups: ALL are welcome!
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Post by ttocs »

that would have to slam in a hatch. I put one cyclone in a civic that was not a hatch and I can still remember it pounding like hell.

I thought the recomended airspace was closer to 3 cu ft each? Is it a shared enclosure or seperated?
gratest1

Post by gratest1 »

shared enclosure of 4 cuft with lots of wadding. Yeah it slams but I was playing pirates of the carribean tonight and the lows are just shocking.

As for 3 cuft, yes its ideal and yes the size of box does limit some real lows of like 25 hz.. I have the theile smalls from the dumax test years ago and on winisd the plots still make the woofer play an octave lower than a w7 sealed.

I have to say also the new JL hd 750's are seriously powerful with minimal current draw. So far i'm very impressed with these things. I did think of using one but I am a bit of bass head at heart and new I would bottom one out. Many years ago I one running in 2.5 cuft ported?
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Post by ttocs »

how could anyone with 2 cyclones call themself a basshead?
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

ttocs wrote:how could anyone with 2 cyclones call themself a basshead?
More like bass aficionado, or bass connoisseur... :lol:
gratest1

Post by gratest1 »

lol, I feel corrected, more like a fussy, mad, pickie, stuck in his 1996 ways bass connoisseur. In truth there has been some great stuff out since but nothing has come close.... The vortex would of been the ideal but shame it never made production. I loved the brochure PG did with the cyclone and the vortex on it. It would be great if someone had a copy on here.
stipud wrote:
ttocs wrote:how could anyone with 2 cyclones call themself a basshead?
More like bass aficionado, or bass connoisseur... :lol:
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

Vortex had too much motor noise to be viable. I believe Solace bought the engineering prototype of it, and it's pretty much useless. Just a cyclone motor strapped to a couple of cones :lol:
waynehead
No, you're a towel.

Post by waynehead »

gratest1 wrote:lol, I feel corrected, more like a fussy, mad, pickie, stuck in his 1996 ways bass connoisseur. In truth there has been some great stuff out since but nothing has come close.... The vortex would of been the ideal but shame it never made production. I loved the brochure PG did with the cyclone and the vortex on it. It would be great if someone had a copy on here.
I know I have seen one but I dont think it was here. My friend scorpio86 may have the brochure. If he does it will be posted asap. It really is a beautiful thing.
We don't need no stinkin' bass boost!
nico boom
Deus ex MS
Deus ex MS

Post by nico boom »

VERY NICE. 8)
Now imagine someone on this forum making preps for a install with four cyclones and four SOFA's... wouldn't that be something..... :drool:
dBincognito
Randy Bo-Bandy

Post by dBincognito »

nico boom wrote:VERY NICE. 8)
Now imagine someone on this forum making preps for a install with four cyclones and four SOFA's... wouldn't that be something..... :drool:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Wakeup
Mr. Nice Guy

Post by Wakeup »

Just a heads up....someone else on this forum is working on a project involving 2 cyclones as well...... And a DD 9512g.
Probably using a Reactor or Octane LE...not sure yet. Still in the deciding phase.

<---
nico boom
Deus ex MS
Deus ex MS

Post by nico boom »

Wakeup wrote:Just a heads up....someone else on this forum is working on a project involving 2 cyclones as well...... And a DD 9512g.
Probably using a Reactor or Octane LE...not sure yet. Still in the deciding phase.

<---
Do you happen to know that person personally Steve.... :?: :lol: :lol:
dwnrodeo

Post by dwnrodeo »

http://phoenixphorum.com/the-rarest-ite ... ght=vortex

Here is a PDF of the Vortex and Cyclone ad.
XS2300, XS2500, XS2300, X200.4, X100.2, Ti21000.4, Roadster 66

I'm gonna become a civil engineer. I'm gonna design septic tanks for playgrounds. Little kids can take shits! You idiot, what the hell do you do?
joerg
SOFA-KING

Post by joerg »

dBincognito wrote:
nico boom wrote:VERY NICE. 8)
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Actually i sold one of my clones yesterday! The one that came new in box we cleaned and tested at MAtt´s is going to another member in here! 8)

But don´t worry guy´s i got 4 clones left for my install! :lol:
Music is silver, PHOENIX is GOLD
Wakeup
Mr. Nice Guy

Post by Wakeup »

nico boom wrote:
Wakeup wrote:Just a heads up....someone else on this forum is working on a project involving 2 cyclones as well...... And a DD 9512g.

<---
Do you happen to know that person personally Steve.... :?: :lol: :lol:
Hehe...sorta hehe...
gratest1

Post by gratest1 »

2 cyclones and a dd sub. umm strange. As per basic physics lower windows and more low bass. These are good fun.
Wakeup
Mr. Nice Guy

Post by Wakeup »

gratest1 wrote:2 cyclones and a dd sub. umm strange. As per basic physics lower windows and more low bass. These are good fun.
Ya....I know...I think it'll be cool! But we shall see! :) hehe
reallyxxxxxxloud

Post by reallyxxxxxxloud »

Great to see all of the Cyclone installs here. Your lucky you have transfer function (being a hatch) on your side with running 2cf each... Seen them run like that before in a sedan it was horror. I should line up my 6 cyclones and post a photo. All reconditioned and two new.

Wakeup- I'm running in my Mitsi GTO two new Cyclones and two 10" Eclipse Titanium subs, so I know where your going with your setup... :wink:
jbondox

Post by jbondox »

very cool install!
James Shields
[email][email protected][/email]
[url]http://www.northolmstedperformance.com[/url]

[img]http://www.northolmstedperformance.com/images/Business_card_front.sized.jpg[/img]
gratest1

still working

Post by gratest1 »

Sorry I have not been on here in a while. But just for the reliable record there still going well and strong..
martinkruit

Post by martinkruit »

Great.

Just received my first one :P :P :P :P :P

cant wait to try it.
[img]http://phoenixphorum.com/files/phoenixg_970.gif[/img]

Mac 200
Ti 500.2 (Tube pre)
M25 )np cover)
M25, M44, M50, M100, EQ215 (chrome)
QX 2350 x 2
Bass Cube

KLW Image Enhance
KLW Kathedral
Soundstream Reference Class A 10.0
mistawikid

Post by mistawikid »

dude im lovin the night pics!! neons or l.e.d.'s????
! its all fun and games until the Cops show up !
gigahertzpc

Post by gigahertzpc »

:clap:
reallyxxxxxxloud

Post by reallyxxxxxxloud »

I've finally gotten my 3000gt out of storage and have started working on it again... Can't wait till I get my two babies in there...
robg3176

Cyclones

Post by robg3176 »

Wow,

Those are some sweet Cyclones :drool: I remember seeing these back in the 90's. They must push some serious air.
davidc81

Post by davidc81 »

2 Cyclones in a Civic hatch? OMG OMG OMG :shock: :shock: :shock: