2 cyclones in a honda civic hatch in the uk

Have a cool car stereo? Post your install pictures here! No PG? No problem! Competition grade or sub-in-box setups: ALL are welcome!
gratest1

2 cyclones in a honda civic hatch in the uk

Post by gratest1 »

Well after some hard slog we managed to find 4 cuft and some boot space and create this install.

standard h/u runing through jl clean sweep into
eclipse 8445
dynaudio system 360
3 x jl hd750/1's
2 x cyclones

Your thoughts are always welcome but yes 2 cyclones working nice in a car!
Attachments
100_1148 edited.JPG
100_1148 edited.JPG (210.48 KiB) Viewed 21292 times
100_1147 edited.JPG
100_1147 edited.JPG (212.1 KiB) Viewed 21292 times
dBincognito
Randy Bo-Bandy

Post by dBincognito »

Very, very nice....looks stock
joerg
SOFA-KING

Post by joerg »

I can´t wait! :D :D :D Awesome install :shock: :shock: :shock:
Music is silver, PHOENIX is GOLD
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

How do you find the Clones inverse mounted like that? I would think there would be more motor noise. Other than that, the design seems like it would work either way.

Very spiffy install otherwise! Amazing that you managed to shoehorn TWO of those beasts in a little euro Civic hatch.
shaheen

Post by shaheen »

I love that install man. top notch .
AKA Shaheenk
andy600rr

Post by andy600rr »

Nice install.

How's the sound of the Cyclone's in a hatch?? Can you hear any motor noise from them?
M25 x 2, M50, M44, M100, Original MS 275, MS2125 & MS2250 (with shroud), XMax 15, White EQ215X, EQ232, PLD1,BLT, MX3, AX-406A, Basscubes, + Soundstream, Earthquake, RF, Boston, OZ Audio & KEF
dcavaudio

Post by dcavaudio »

[quote="stipud"]How do you find the Clones inverse mounted like that? I would think there would be more motor noise. Other than that, the design seems like it would work either way.

Very spiffy install otherwise! Amazing that you managed to shoehorn TWO of those beasts in a little euro Civic hatch.[/quote

PG had 4inverted cyclones on the dually back in the day. No motor noise due to the bass.... Of course if you sit close enough and listen for the motor then you'll hear the motor noise.

Bangin install!!!!! Nice!
Enjoying great sight and sound does not have to consume your life savings!

www.dc-connections.com
gratest1

cyclones

Post by gratest1 »

thanks for your responses. As for motor noise I cleaned one out about a year ago. No motor noise. They sound clean and good. I remember the dually. I heard it on a trip over iasca finals 96. They were running off of 2 0.5's. It was the lowest and cleanest low bass I have heard. Always inspired me hence I sourced 2 and he they are....
Wakeup
Mr. Nice Guy

Post by Wakeup »

Gratest1 wow...excellent install. I might have to work something out with my 2 clones....wow is all I gotta say...wow....
Rold Gold
Dirty Harry

Post by Rold Gold »

Sweet!!!! Sleeping thunder machine..... :lol:
Those tender little burgers with them little, itty-bitty grilled onions that just explode in ya mouth like flavor crystals every time you bite into one.. just makes me want to burn this muthafuka down.... Come on, Pookie, let's burn this muthafuka down!!!
onecrazy95civic

Post by onecrazy95civic »

Two thumbs up!!! :wink:
PHOENIX GOLD
1.Reactor x3 #109, #407 & #496
2.Ti EQ30 x2
3.TiBasscube
4.TiDD10
5.TiPowercore 20
6.TLD66
7.Ti15 DVC x2
8.Ti5 Elite x4
9.Ti9 Elite
10.R-Link boxes x6 w/digital guages x12
11. Ti Distribution blocks (Power x4 & Ground x1)
ALPINE
1.TME-M750a x5
2.TMX-R1000 x3
OTHERS
1. IPAD 2
2. 32" LED Screen
3. PS3
waynehead
No, you're a towel.

Post by waynehead »

I always wondered how well the clean sweep works. Seems to be a pretty neat device. I considered getting one when I had my cadillac. Never got around to doing anything with it tho.
We don't need no stinkin' bass boost!
oldskoolmseriesfan
Sherlock Homey

Post by oldskoolmseriesfan »

what are the clones crossed over at? and what are you running for mid bass, and crossover points?
1 more thing....... FUCKING KICKASS INSTALL! This is probably the coolest Clone installs I have seen, awesome dude, simply awesome :metal:
Phorum PI!
Square woofers are GAY!!
gratest1

Post by gratest1 »

thanks everyone for your comments. I have to say I do like this phorum. If I had more confidence in the reliabilty there would of been 2 zpa 0.3's and 1 zpa 0.5. But if they go wrong on the uk it is not easy to get fixed. So JL hd's it is. As for x-over points. I have heard so much about using clones with big mid bass etc. The front speakers are dynaudio sys 360's. This is a 7" mid bass, 3" soft dome mid and tweet. The system is x over at 80hz with 18db slope. you start doing 24 db and the phase goes a bit funny between mid bass and sub. Yeah I can do 63hz and for a sound offs its better. But for every day rocking and rolling 80hz is fine.

Someone mentioned about mechanical noises. The only time these make noises is when magnet shavings are caught in the magnet/coil gap. Clean them up and there rocking.

Over the years these are the most talked about drivers but I have hardly seen any functioning in cars.

But anyone who heard the 4 inthe dually would of gone wow!!! Now I love jl and we put one of these in 1.8 cuft and also a 13w7 in there small sealed box. we had half a 4 channel / series amp on them and it stayed right with it.

No subsonic filters are on and I have not had the squealing noise yet!!!!

Bass is so dry i.e no colourations you get from conventional speakers... Natural... Anyway I have waffled enough... But even to this day with all the new skool dudes... They look in and go urrrrr or wow or shit what are they!!! Which is cool cos that was my era!!!!
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

Your cyclone should be crossed over at ~50Hz 24dB/oct, as it can't play ANYTHING above 60Hz.

Drop your midbass crossover down as well. With proper sound deadening, the System 360 should have no trouble playing down to 60Hz. If you find you're lacking midbass, try switching the phase around on your mids (usually just doing the passenger side mid yields a huge improvement).
smgreen20

Post by smgreen20 »

Tom beat me to it. They recommend 60 Hz at 18dB/oct.

Sweet install. I'd love to hear that. The only time I heard a Clone was in an open sound room back in '95 ish.
"ZPA's will have the same sound essentially as you get from the MS, they just feature a bigger shinier set of balls."

Install:
http://phoenixphorum.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=16998
Rold Gold
Dirty Harry

Post by Rold Gold »

I seen the dually........... :mrgreen:
That truck was pure thunder.......... The IASCA booth said it was fukin with readings..........from 100 yards away :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
I sat in there with the reps for like 10 mins and asked questions like a noob....
Those tender little burgers with them little, itty-bitty grilled onions that just explode in ya mouth like flavor crystals every time you bite into one.. just makes me want to burn this muthafuka down.... Come on, Pookie, let's burn this muthafuka down!!!
smgreen20

Post by smgreen20 »

FuzzyHoNutz wrote: I sat in there with the reps for like 10 mins and asked questions like a noob....
Aren't you???? :scratch:
"ZPA's will have the same sound essentially as you get from the MS, they just feature a bigger shinier set of balls."

Install:
http://phoenixphorum.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=16998
gratest1

60hz and above

Post by gratest1 »

Well after playing these I can safely break the myth or reality that they can't play above 60hz. They do.. But they just don;t do it with the same distortion as conventional speakers. However they are doing just fine. I would defo err towards a 3 cu ft enclosure per driver as 2 cuft restricts it a bit at low end. the best thing is the speed of the the response. well all good and thenks for your comments
Rold Gold
Dirty Harry

Post by Rold Gold »

smgreen20 wrote:
FuzzyHoNutz wrote: I sat in there with the reps for like 10 mins and asked questions like a noob....
Aren't you???? :scratch:
In 95' I was............... :lol: :lol: :lol: Shit, I was 15 at the time I saw that truck.......
gratest1

lights

Post by gratest1 »

Well I managed to sort the lights out. Plexi on the cyclones is always a winner.... Spot the oopppss did not push the amp panel down...
Attachments
DSC_1290 edited.JPG
DSC_1290 edited.JPG (185.63 KiB) Viewed 21045 times
DSC_1291 edited.JPG
DSC_1291 edited.JPG (186.58 KiB) Viewed 21045 times
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

That must look crazy with those vanes moving!
Wakeup
Mr. Nice Guy

Post by Wakeup »

I like the lights! Nice touch!
gkitching
Hair Metal
Hair Metal

Post by gkitching »

Nice! I had lots of ideas about doing a similar mounting with the cyclones. I always thought they looked like some kind of turbo exhaust
Greg Kitching
Pedi
Flærdy flærdy børk børk

Post by Pedi »

Awesome!
Selling your Ti9 mids? PM me, please..

I also need a DD10...