Project 5.0

Have a cool car stereo? Post your install pictures here! No PG? No problem! Competition grade or sub-in-box setups: ALL are welcome!
Rold Gold
Dirty Harry

Re: Project 5.0

Post by Rold Gold »

So I finished the tweeter cover today!!!!!!
The original name plate said "MACH 460" and that needed to change........so it did. 8)

Those tender little burgers with them little, itty-bitty grilled onions that just explode in ya mouth like flavor crystals every time you bite into one.. just makes me want to burn this muthafuka down.... Come on, Pookie, let's burn this muthafuka down!!!
Rold Gold
Dirty Harry

Post by Rold Gold »

HOLY SHIT!!!!!!
It's done............ After spending the last couple days working on it, the install is in. Just gotta finish the usb and lpl placement and call it good.

I'll post pix tomorrow ofcoarse.
Those tender little burgers with them little, itty-bitty grilled onions that just explode in ya mouth like flavor crystals every time you bite into one.. just makes me want to burn this muthafuka down.... Come on, Pookie, let's burn this muthafuka down!!!
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Post by ttocs »

I put a usb port for another mustang friend in his coin holder in the consol that came out pretty nice.
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
smgreen20

Post by smgreen20 »

You freaking slacker.
"ZPA's will have the same sound essentially as you get from the MS, they just feature a bigger shinier set of balls."

Install:
http://phoenixphorum.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=16998
Rold Gold
Dirty Harry

Post by Rold Gold »

smgreen20 wrote:You freaking slacker.
Trust me.........I know. :oops:

Its shocking how things can get put to the back burner so easily. I've been building my fence, looking for work, helping friends with other projects and just plain tired when I'd have a couple hours to throw at it......

Now to tune this bitch and make her scream.................
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

and take some pics...

I have had my head up under the motor all week installing sending units for new gauges. Man that is a royal pain in the ass.......
Rold Gold
Dirty Harry

Post by Rold Gold »

dwnrodeo

Post by dwnrodeo »

That's looking good! Looks quite similar to my SRT setup.
XS2300, XS2500, XS2300, X200.4, X100.2, Ti21000.4, Roadster 66

I'm gonna become a civil engineer. I'm gonna design septic tanks for playgrounds. Little kids can take shits! You idiot, what the hell do you do?
Rold Gold
Dirty Harry

Post by Rold Gold »

It sounds pretty good too right out of the box. The HU I have has more shit to play with than I've gotten to yet so it sounds better every song.
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

I still think you should make a trim panel for the amp, even if you don't plan to use the trunk. It will make it look "flushed in" just like the sub. Much cleaner without all the exposed wires too. I bet you could whip one up in two hours... you can use real thin fiber board, or even a thick cardboard.
Rold Gold
Dirty Harry

Post by Rold Gold »

I'll have to play with that Tom. The main thing is getting the panel in front of the amp out should I need to get to the spare tire. I also refuse to make it look shitty so I'll have to see if it could be made out of thin metal and painted.........
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

Rold Gold wrote:I'll have to play with that Tom. The main thing is getting the panel in front of the amp out should I need to get to the spare tire. I also refuse to make it look shitty so I'll have to see if it could be made out of thin metal and painted.........
Instead of angling it all the way down to the floor, you could put a square edge right at the ridge of your spare tire access panel.

I'm not sure sheet metal is a good idea because you would risk shorting the amp out.
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

I am making a trim panel for my roadster but I am going to make so the connections at the bottom still show. Took too long hunting that crap down to hide it all.

A trim panel here might not look too bad I also wonder about a single neon tube under the amp.
Rold Gold
Dirty Harry

Post by Rold Gold »

ttocs wrote: I also wonder about a single neon tube under the amp.

I have afew of the PG neons from the tantrum line I plan to use someday. I was gonna use a set in this install but I couldn't work it out to my liking so I scrapped the idea. I still might use them down the road if it still tickles my interest........
dvnt88

Post by dvnt88 »

Rold Gold wrote:It sounds pretty good too right out of the box. The HU I have has more shit to play with than I've gotten to yet so it sounds better every song.
Would that be the Kenwood Excelon u picked up from me :whistle: If so ...that thing has a multitude of sound options. :thumbs:
Audison Bit Ten
Hertz HSK163's (x2)
Hertz HX250 subs (x2)
Hertz HDP1
Hertz HDP4
PG Tantrum BassCUBE
XS Power D4900
Misc. PG Install Goodies

"Old-Skool TI-Whore"
Rold Gold
Dirty Harry

Post by Rold Gold »

dvnt88 wrote:
Rold Gold wrote:It sounds pretty good too right out of the box. The HU I have has more shit to play with than I've gotten to yet so it sounds better every song.
Would that be the Kenwood Excelon u picked up from me :whistle: If so ...that thing has a multitude of sound options. :thumbs:

That it would be :mrgreen:
I like playing with the HU's features because of how easy they are to get too.... Now actually making adjustments while the car is in motion is another storybut being able to use the remote to do it makes things alittle easier.