Project 5.0

Have a cool car stereo? Post your install pictures here! No PG? No problem! Competition grade or sub-in-box setups: ALL are welcome!
Rold Gold
Dirty Harry

Post by Rold Gold »

Cutting out the mounting plates for the 6.5's today....... Should be in in the next couple days. Gotta figure out how to mount the tweet inside the MACH460 tweeter housing still.....

Just gonna run them off the MACH amps for now until I get the double-din dash bezel. We'll see how it sounds........
Those tender little burgers with them little, itty-bitty grilled onions that just explode in ya mouth like flavor crystals every time you bite into one.. just makes me want to burn this muthafuka down.... Come on, Pookie, let's burn this muthafuka down!!!
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Post by ttocs »

sorry to tell you that you will not be able to run your speakers off of the mach amps. The woofers are an 8ohm low range woofer and th factory amps will be very un happy with a 4 ohm full range driver.

how did you wire the deck in? Did you bypass the amps at all? There is a super easy way to run your speaker off of your deck if you hit the bypass hrns up next to the radio.

You can make a mounting baffle for your tweets fairly easily with some abs plastic and a dremel. Just trace the shape of the tweeter on the plastic and trim it out and put your hole in the middle.

I am taking my stang into the tuner again tomorrow as it was having over-heating issues last week. I put the stock pulleys back on it and will be selling the underdrive pulleys if you want to buy some. I am going to be putting the side exhaust on as well, can't wait to hear it with the new heads and cam as it almost lopes now.
Bfowler
Briaans..... BRIAAAAANNNNNNS

Post by Bfowler »

yeah, from my bmw experience...i wouldn't run the rsd's off the mach. it has built in crossovers that are dependent on the ohm of the speaker and the rsd's will be different then stock.

it will make sound....but no telling what could happen to the rsd's
my ex-girlfriend said "its car audio or me"
i've had tougher choices at a soda machine...
Rold Gold
Dirty Harry

Post by Rold Gold »

ttocs wrote: You can make a mounting baffle for your tweets fairly easily with some abs plastic and a dremel. Just trace the shape of the tweeter on the plastic and trim it out and put your hole in the middle.
Way ahead of ya bro......... Did that lastnight as a matter of fact. :wink:

........................... :hmm:

deck power it is then.................But that'll have to wait until the weekend as I have no more time at the moment..... I was gonna look that up tonight before I installed them to make sure it would work......I know that some factory amps work fine with a speaker swap.....Thanks for the info ttocs.

About the pulleys.......PM me a pic and a price shipped to 97222.......very interested in those.
Those tender little burgers with them little, itty-bitty grilled onions that just explode in ya mouth like flavor crystals every time you bite into one.. just makes me want to burn this muthafuka down.... Come on, Pookie, let's burn this muthafuka down!!!
Rold Gold
Dirty Harry

Post by Rold Gold »

**UPDATE**
I scored a bezel off ebay for $26 so the DVD install is upcomming pretty soon...............
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

you will need the the shifter bezel as well.
Rold Gold
Dirty Harry

Post by Rold Gold »

I still haven't grabbed that piece yet........I might have a line on one at the yard as a matter of fact...... I figured I could get a good start though for sure. It ain't comming out easy if ya get my drift. I'm gonna make a cage and bolt it in nice and snug. Still gotta run my rca's so it'll all get done at the same time.
Rold Gold
Dirty Harry

Post by Rold Gold »

Got busy today. It's not all the way in because I have to build a cage to bolt it in.
Attachments
DSC03031.JPG
DSC03031.JPG (718.32 KiB) Viewed 9572 times
New bezel
New bezel
DSC03033.JPG (718.27 KiB) Viewed 9572 times
Dry fit.........
Dry fit.........
DSC03034.JPG (704.98 KiB) Viewed 9572 times
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

Damn man, get a vacuum cleaner in there stat! :lol:

Is it going to need a trim ring to fit flush?
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

that is all the shavings from cutting the underdash.

I think I have heard that you can get a new model mustang(05-09) mounting kit and use it to mount the radio.
Rold Gold
Dirty Harry

Post by Rold Gold »

It can't sit flush..... The face motorizes out and down about half way to load disc's so it has to have the clearence.
Rold Gold
Dirty Harry

Post by Rold Gold »

So I've made alittle progress................Took a piece of 20gauge flat steel and got creative................
Attachments
DSC04066.JPG
DSC04066.JPG (135.23 KiB) Viewed 9515 times
DSC04054.JPG
DSC04054.JPG (142.99 KiB) Viewed 9515 times
DSC04053.JPG
DSC04053.JPG (144.04 KiB) Viewed 9515 times
DSC04055.JPG
DSC04055.JPG (146.29 KiB) Viewed 9515 times
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

that should hold it!
Rold Gold
Dirty Harry

Post by Rold Gold »

I guess it should hold it...................... :lol:
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

are you wiring into the mach system or replacing the speakers?
Rold Gold
Dirty Harry

Post by Rold Gold »

For now I'll be wiring into the mach system but as soon as my M100/M44 project is done, I'll be switching everything else out. I'm also gonna try to put some 6.5 RSd's into the rear enclosure along with the tweet and see how that sounds....... If it sux then I'll remove the rear fill and put the 6.5 in a kick.
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

let me know if you have any questions on the mach system. You can tweek it and make it sound much better then with the stock radio.
Rold Gold
Dirty Harry

Post by Rold Gold »

I have an eclipse in there right now...... How do you mean "tweek"?
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

When I had just a deck in there I bypassed the front amp/x-over and ran them off of the deck power. I put some 1000 microfarad caps inline to take out the bass and the stock tweeters were much better. The stock woofer amps like to have a high voltage input. If your deck doesn't have a 4-8v output then plan on getting a line driver so that the stock woofers will play at full volume. With these two little things the stock speakers sound much better.
Rold Gold
Dirty Harry

Post by Rold Gold »

right right......................
I'll see what I can do. Sounds pretty good now too so we'll see..... I really plan to have the install going full swing this winter though for sure....... Lot's of changes in the coming months if all goes right. 98 GT wheels/tires, headlights/corners, new exhaust, Poly bushings all the way around, Eibach Sportlines/KYB's, Steeda camber plates, and a basic MSD ignition upgrade. Maybe battle boxes aswell but I don't really drag it too much....Only at on-ramps... :twisted: I kinda thought about grabbing a good longblock and doing a rebuild aswell. Then after I yank this motor, I can rebuild it too and have one for a rainy day..... We'll see what my christmas check is this year......................
Rold Gold
Dirty Harry

Post by Rold Gold »

Polished up the oem headlights today and what a difference.

Not too bad what alittle time, BlueMagic and some elbow greese can produce on yellowing plastic. Needs a 4000grit buffing to be 100% but whatever......
smgreen20

Post by smgreen20 »

A guy I know that details cars uses water and a high speed buffer to buff out the "foggy" looking lights.

On another note a close friend of mine has a 45th anniversary Mustang w/a mach stereo in it. 6 separate amps on a try and two 10" subs. I was impressed for factory. Is this the same stereo you are talking about?

"ZPA's will have the same sound essentially as you get from the MS, they just feature a bigger shinier set of balls."

Install:
http://phoenixphorum.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=16998
AVICJR
Team Coach

Post by AVICJR »

3M sells some stuff also to get rid of the yellowing. It comes in a small black bottle and costs @ $15. Not much elbow grease needed either. I can get the name of it but it really is good stuff.
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

I used to do installs at a place that leased its garage space from an automotive detail shop and they would polish the bug guards on trucks with a high speed buffer. They sell a 3m kit at autozone that has a small buffing pad that goes on your drill. If you want to keep them looking smooth put a good quality UV protected clearcoat that is good on fiberglass/plastics.

The mach 1000 system is what you are showing and was the best factory system ford ever offered. This is a little more then what we had with the mach460 system. The 460 is still a fairly good system for factory specs.
Rold Gold
Dirty Harry

Post by Rold Gold »

Next weekend, I plan to "smoke" all 4 pcs up front. Might even do the fogs if I have time. 8)

On a NEW PARTS note-
After about an hour of reasearch, it looks like I'll be looking at about $1700 to do shocks/struts, lowering springs, camber plates, ENERGY bushing upgrade, Flowmaster header-back exhaust and front/rear wheel spacers. Probly have to see what we'll be getting back on taxes this year before I can get everything. But once I've got it all, it'll take a good portion of a weekend to do the work. Still in a holding patern on finishing my system but I've got 80% of the pcs. All I really need is a cap change on the M100/M44 and to finish the covers.........but I'm slow these days...... :oops: