polk r300's

Want your home to sound as good as your car? Need help buying electronics? Computer problems?
rlockwood

polk r300's

Post by rlockwood »

Figured id toss this in here.. r300s on sale at frys for 50ea, online only but able to do instore pickup.. picked up a pair and for the price I don't think these can be beat..
I'm afraid of widths.
joyride

Post by joyride »

Damn, that is a pretty good deal. I wish they would put a freq graph on those though. Im highly debating spending $100 more to get the onix X-sls. They have a great peerless twet on them and are pretty smooth. plus they would match my center.

Although at that price, its gonna be hard to eat. Im very tempted, and half in the bag so I may end up with some by the end of the night...
oldskoolmseriesfan
Sherlock Homey

Post by oldskoolmseriesfan »

^^^ :lol: :lol: :lol: dont drink and buy :D :D :D
Phorum PI!
Square woofers are GAY!!
rlockwood

Post by rlockwood »

I also noticed the r60's are on sale for 69.99, which is probably a much better buy. None of the fry's near my location had them available though, and $66 for shipping killed that option. Might have better luck in other areas though.

Ive had some time to actually listen to them now, and I have to say they were a good buy. They have moderately quality binding posts, look nice (and are actually quite a bit smaller than I had pictured) and sound great. They're not fantastic, but I figured that at the price point these were sitting at, they're bound to blow everything else out of the water. And if I get sick of them, they're small enough (and cheap enough) to work as bedroom speakers.
I'm afraid of widths.