HK citation seventeen needs repair

Want your home to sound as good as your car? Need help buying electronics? Computer problems?
Txsaxkat

HK citation seventeen needs repair

Post by Txsaxkat »

I have a citation seventeen preamp that has one channel not working and had looked at it at one point but my skills at this are limited. Im located in houston tx and was wondering who would be the best for the repair. Im using a denon digital preamp right now but would love the here this thing. I was thinking about taking another stab at it anyone have any pointers?

Jimmie
Txsaxkat

Post by Txsaxkat »

I see some of you have checked this out. Well after taking on the recapping of my m44 m50 and the ms 250 with great results I thought that I would take look at this again. It seems that it has removeable pc boards for the eq section, main power board with op amps and caps, Then phono, and ect. I was wondering if the nicholson caps are up to the task or should I use some other brand of cap that may be better? I will try to get some pictures up soon. Also will add that both channels play one just is a little thin with no bass and it seems that was how my m44 was that needed a recap and the resistor mod repair.

Jimmie
kg1961
Got wood?

item

Post by kg1961 »

You might want to email this guy
in calgary he fixes those amps all the time
http://www.thatoldretrostore.com/pages/receivers.html
maybe he can help
most of my gear is gone :liar:
2020 honda accord sport
Txsaxkat

Re: HK citation seventeen needs repair

Post by Txsaxkat »

I replaced all the caps on a few boards in the preamp and it sounds great. Its been a while since I was on here and most dont give me the time of day but I know how it is its all good.

Jimmie