Wiring in fans for plasma TV

Want your home to sound as good as your car? Need help buying electronics? Computer problems?
SilverGT

Wiring in fans for plasma TV

Post by SilverGT »

ok well last night my panasonic plazma just crapped out. took it apart and found that the thermofues is shot. ordered a new one and also went and bought a bigger plasma since they are really cheap now days. anyways I been doing alot of reading and found out that the plasmas run really hot. isnt a big issue with them on the TV stands and room behind them, but with wall mounts they just get to hot. Been thinking of wiring up some fans behind it to help keep some air flow to try and cool it abit more. any thoughts on this and how to do it?
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Re: Wiring in fans for plasma TV

Post by ttocs »

remember that you will need an inch er two between both sides of the fan to get airflow to work.
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
SilverGT

Post by SilverGT »

thats right. I was just going to mount them on the back on top of some vents but that wont work
kg1961
Got wood?

Post by kg1961 »

I own 3 plasma tv 95% of the heat is released on the top. i don't use tv cases as i alway change what i buy when cool new toys come out. But i can see why this can happen
my 58" 3d tv samsung 8000 series when watch hd or 3d she get a little warm on the top but the 59" 550 samsung year newer doesn't?
most of my gear is gone :liar:
2020 honda accord sport