Car audio withdrawal's

Want your home to sound as good as your car? Need help buying electronics? Computer problems?
jbob0124

Car audio withdrawal's

Post by jbob0124 »

I've been thinking about my stash sitting in the garage collecting who know's what. I can only hope there isn't some condo being built by some odd creature lurking around while im not paying attention. Since I'm clearly not going to be able to install any of my gear into my truck, I had the thought of making something for the house instead.

I haven't been following PG in the past few years, or any audio for that matter. Was looking for opinions on using my old gear vs. upgrading for something new. I like my old stuff, but would almost rather part ways with most of it and start over with fresh. I definitely wouldn't want anything to complex in the house, something I can keep clean and simple looking.

If my memory is still working, I've got:

-(2) ZPA0.5's
-(2) ZPA0.3's
-(1) EQ232
-(2) RSDc 124's
-(1) Ti 6.5 Elite Comp set
-PLD and TBAt and a few other misc. odd's and end's
-(1) Tantrum 1200.1

Thoughts and getting rid of any and/or all to upgrade to any of the newer stuff and simplifying it some? Oh and SQ over SPL.
dwnrodeo

Re: Car audio withdrawal's

Post by dwnrodeo »

If I had ZPA amps at my disposal, I'd find a way to use them. If space were a concern then I would contemplate newer smaller amps, but in a home install it shouldn't be a concern. Just make sure the caps get changed. The RsdC's are also badass. I'd definitely incorporate them too.
XS2300, XS2500, XS2300, X200.4, X100.2, Ti21000.4, Roadster 66

I'm gonna become a civil engineer. I'm gonna design septic tanks for playgrounds. Little kids can take shits! You idiot, what the hell do you do?
jbob0124

Post by jbob0124 »

The stuff will eventually go into a vehicle at some point, but its already been many years and im sure it will be many more. I'd only want to upgrade if it was worth the upgrade. I like the thought of having new gear, but I also know the capabilities of the ZPA's.

The Rsdc's Im keeping for sure. They are still brand new in the box :)
Eric D
Short Bus Driver

Post by Eric D »

I know this is the PG forum, and most everyone here is a big fan of the old school gear. With that being said, I really do feel the new stuff is vastly superior to the old stuff. Being able to have a great sounding system, which takes up a quarter of the space, and no longer dims your headlights, yet still plays just as loud is really nice. The Ti2 amps can do just that. I have quite a stockpile of old school PG, and yet I am running a Ti2 in my daily driver and have no intention of changing it.
Got "schooled" by member shawn k on May 10th, 2011...
No longer really "in tune" with the audio industry, and probably have not been for some time.
Hands down the forum's most ignorant member...
Don't even know what Ohm's law is...